HOW CLOSE IS THIS GAME TO A SELLOUT ...COMMON

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

And it is band day!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

JimmyDimes wrote:And it is band day!
Band day is the reason that the upper West corner is sold out, which I've accounted for, btw.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:And it is band day!
Band day is the reason that the upper West corner is sold out, which I've accounted for, btw.
Gotcha.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

gopokes1399 wrote:Here is something for comparison.
https://twitter.com/wyo_tickets/status/ ... 8135646208 Our current situation has 8 sold out sections and 10 more that are very close. Follow the link below to see that

http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... =FBIT&cgc=
I understand that. I already played that game the week before the AFA game, and before the AFA the only sections with more than a low amount of tickets we're AA and JJ. Everything else was either sold out or barely anything left.

We're way off the pace from the AFA game.

Here's the link to the AFA attendance thread.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15030
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Burman himself said it would be very similar to the AFA game. And it will. ~27k. The numbers have been hashed out and it adds up to an attendance of, just like what Burman said, the AFA game or ~27k.

In that thread you said there were 3k tickets left available to the public for AFA - I counted probably 3.7k left for Boise. I think we'll get a better walk up for Boise and more students and their parents so it will even out. All in all very similar.

Junky, do me a favor and count the available tickets left to the public. I think you'll see it's about 3,500 remaining to the public.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote:Burman himself said it would be very similar to the AFA game. And it will. ~27k. The numbers have been hashed out and it adds up to an attendance of, just like what Burman said, the AFA game or ~27k.

In that thread you said there were 3k tickets left available to the public for AFA - I counted probably 3.5k left for Boise. I think we'll get a better walk up for Boise and more students and their parents so it will even out. All in all very similar.

Junky, do me a favor and count the available tickets left to the public. I think you'll see it's about 3,500 remaining to the public.
I'm guessing we will have a big walk up crowd, but the pre-sale is no where near the AFA game. Pre-sale is trailing AFA by 3000 tickets.

Prepare to be dissapointed.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Cowboy Junky wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Burman himself said it would be very similar to the AFA game. And it will. ~27k. The numbers have been hashed out and it adds up to an attendance of, just like what Burman said, the AFA game or ~27k.

In that thread you said there were 3k tickets left available to the public for AFA - I counted probably 3.5k left for Boise. I think we'll get a better walk up for Boise and more students and their parents so it will even out. All in all very similar.

I'm guessing we will have a big walk up crowd, but the pre-sale is no where near the AFA game. Pre-sale is trailing AFA by 3000 tickets.
If the pre sale were trailing AFA by 3k then that would mean that there would have been virtually no remaining tickets to the public for AFA, which was not the case. There's only 3,700 or so available to the public right now and if pre sale was trailing AFA by 3k then that means there were only 700 unsold tickets. There were more significantly more than 700 left over for AFA.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Ha ha. Junky, I guess we'll see who is right! Let's just hope for the best
Steamboat
Buckaroo

We can't control the attendance, but we can control the noise level at the game, by cheering long and loud at every opportunity! That may be better.
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I wonder how much the 5 p.m. start time hurts things, as opposed to starting at 1 or 2 ...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It will be at 26000 giver or take 1k.
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

sell it out!!
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I wonder how much the 5 p.m. start time hurts things, as opposed to starting at 1 or 2 ...
This start time is whole lots better than the 8pm we had lately.

Glad to see this game isn't carried by espn--they are giving us the worst times ever. Maybe because we started out own tv network and they want to rub it in our faces.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Byu has also had a lot of these late games. I don't see it as punishment as much as I see us not being a prime time team.

As of 9:34 there was one more section completely sold out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

pokefanchaz7 wrote:Byu has also had a lot of these late games. I don't see it as punishment as much as I see us not being a prime time team.
Also being a team in the Western US.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

This also true

pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

10 sections sold out thus far

joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:I think it is also band day. I doubt the people in all those high school bands aren't accounted for on the ticket site. Just a guess.

28,000 is my guess. Most sections are almost sold out.
AFA finished at 27 K. Right now, this game is trailing the AFA game by about 3-4 K empty seats. Unless there's a huge walk-up, we're looking at attendance around 23-24 K.
https://twitter.com/wyoathletics/status ... 2627118080
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
JimmyDimes wrote:I think it is also band day. I doubt the people in all those high school bands aren't accounted for on the ticket site. Just a guess.

AFA finished at 27 K. Right now, this game is trailing the AFA game by about 3-4 K empty seats. Unless there's a huge walk-up, we're looking at attendance around 23-24 K.
Wow, Cowboy Junky was spot on.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
joshvanklomp wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:

Wow, Cowboy Junky was spot on.
I've been right about a lot more stough since I quit drinking 5 years ago. :thumb:

That one was easy though. I was checking the ticket site every day for the AFA game, hoping for the sell out. I got practice.

National Champions 1943.

I do.