So this Bohl ball thing is kinda workin

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

that was a fun game on saturday
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Cowboy Junky wrote: Has anyone seen his twitter page? He's got a gigantic photo across the top of it that reads,

NFL, in massive letters.

I think he's as good as gone.
I was hoping this was a joke.

It's not.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

J-Rod wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote: Has anyone seen his twitter page? He's got a gigantic photo across the top of it that reads,

NFL, in massive letters.

I think he's as good as gone.
I was hoping this was a joke.

It's not.
Did you read what it says,

"So close to reaching my dream I can almost taste it."

Unlike Brett Smith, Brian Hill has a chance to stick in the NFL. I think he's gone. I hope I'm wrong, but all signs point to him leaving this year.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

we can't lose him, he needs to stay it'll only help, don't pull a Brett, put that all time rushing record so high it'll take a true superstar to hit that. RB isn't a true need in the NFL anymore anyway, I'm gonna enjoy him while we got him!!!
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

I love watching Hill play, he is fun and exciting to watch. BUT he isn't ready for the NFL yet. I seriously doubt he will be drafted before the 4th round if he comes out early. don't be a late round or practice squad player, its leaving to much money on the table. Another year of his stock rising will do wonders not to mention he will have his degree in his pocket for the rest of his life. Hill is a beast at running the football, NFL talent, but Brian needs to work on his blocking because quite frankly he sucks at it and if you cant block in the NFL you won't play in the NFL. I'm also wondering if Hill can catch because they hardly throw to him??????????
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cuttslam wrote:I love watching Hill play, he is fun and exciting to watch. BUT he isn't ready for the NFL yet. I seriously doubt he will be drafted before the 4th round if he comes out early. don't be a late round or practice squad player, its leaving to much money on the table. Another year of his stock rising will do wonders not to mention he will have his degree in his pocket for the rest of his life. Hill is a beast at running the football, NFL talent, but Brian needs to work on his blocking because quite frankly he sucks at it and if you cant block in the NFL you won't play in the NFL. I'm also wondering if Hill can catch because they hardly throw to him??????????
He's usually the fake (play action) or an extra blocker (defense is usually blitzing at that point).
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Cuttslam wrote:I love watching Hill play, he is fun and exciting to watch. BUT he isn't ready for the NFL yet. I seriously doubt he will be drafted before the 4th round if he comes out early. don't be a late round or practice squad player, its leaving to much money on the table. Another year of his stock rising will do wonders not to mention he will have his degree in his pocket for the rest of his life. Hill is a beast at running the football, NFL talent, but Brian needs to work on his blocking because quite frankly he sucks at it and if you cant block in the NFL you won't play in the NFL. I'm also wondering if Hill can catch because they hardly throw to him??????????
I can't believe that I am actually saying this, but I agree with everyone who thinks he should go if his evaluations say he should. That said, I have been wondering about his ability to catch out of the backfield. I have yet to see an NFL team that does not expect backs to catch this year.

If Hill can catch out of the backfield, then I hope Coach Bohl will use him that way some this season to help his NFL stock.

As for next season, I do hope Overstreet comes in and proves why he was a Parade All American.
lakesbison
Cowpoke

Bohl has brought ndsu Ball to WYO.

eliminate turnovers, control the clock and play defense.

period!

congrats
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

lakesbison wrote:Bohl has brought ndsu Ball to WYO.

eliminate turnovers, control the clock and play defense.

period!

congrats
Bohl brought Nebraska ball to NDSU, then he brought it to Wyoming.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

I realize Alvester and Hill aren't great comparisons, but unless hill is projected to go in first seven rounds, he needs to stay.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

laxwyo wrote:Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm, wonder who made that..... :lol:
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:I realize Alvester and Hill aren't great comparisons, but unless hill is projected to go in first seven rounds, he needs to stay.
There's only 7 right?

So in other words you're saying that if the projections say "you're not getting drafted" then he should stay put?

Way to go out on a limb

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
djm19
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:
djm19 wrote:I realize Alvester and Hill aren't great comparisons, but unless hill is projected to go in first seven rounds, he needs to stay.
There's only 7 right?

So in other words you're saying that if the projections say "you're not getting drafted" then he should stay put?

Way to go out on a limb

My point exactly...I was being sarcastic. I should have been literal... "Unless there is HIGH probability of being drafted, DON'T FRICKIN GO!" Often times players bank on free agent deals afterwards. Some pokes have made it that way, but rarely do underclassmen pan out.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:
whyoh wrote:
There's only 7 right?

Way to go out on a limb

My point exactly...I was being sarcastic. I should have been literal... "Unless there is HIGH probability of being drafted, DON'T FRICKIN GO!" Often times players bank on free agent deals afterwards. Some pokes have made it that way, but rarely do underclassmen pan out.
Lol... sorry about that

Didn't read the sarcasm

djm19
WyoNation Addict

It's all good. I was simply saying I realize this is a goal of his, but this decision to go pro is big. I felt Smith let emotion and his circle get the best of him.

He better be a projected guaranteed pick... Or bail
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I agree.....tbh (not that I agree with this) he may not even be perceived as being in the top 2 of the mw let alone nationally at this point......but his senior year could be legendary, like first three rounds legendary.........anyone remember Ryan Matthews?

laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I'm really seeing this team starting to develop. You're seeing RS freshmen like Youhanna come in and play well. Next year, we might see Ja'Chai playing on the line. Who wouldn't like 6'6" 283 ? It's too bad about carl. I think having Shiloh for that 5th year would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

whyoh wrote:I agree.....tbh (not that I agree with this) he may not even be perceived as being in the top 2 of the mw let alone nationally at this point......
This is a good point that I hadn't even considered.

When you look into the stats a little more, I think his perception drops a little more. Sure, he's 6th in FBS in rushing...but he's just 97th in yards per carry.

This junior class is loaded, and I'm guessing most of them will go pro early. Names like Leoard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb all have more name value across the country. Looking closer to home, I think a guy like Jeremy McNichols will get more pub than Hill because he went to Boise.

Hill is currently rated by CBS Sports as a 5th to 6th round pick and just the 18th-best RB of the potential draft class. At that point, is it really worth it?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote:
whyoh wrote:I agree.....tbh (not that I agree with this) he may not even be perceived as being in the top 2 of the mw let alone nationally at this point......
This is a good point that I hadn't even considered.

When you look into the stats a little more, I think his perception drops a little more. Sure, he's 6th in FBS in rushing...but he's just 97th in yards per carry.

This junior class is loaded, and I'm guessing most of them will go pro early. Names like Leoard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb all have more name value across the country. Looking closer to home, I think a guy like Jeremy McNichols will get more pub than Hill because he went to Boise.

Hill is currently rated by CBS Sports as a 5th to 6th round pick and just the 18th-best RB of the potential draft class. At that point, is it really worth it?
What a tough choice... Geez. I heard the knock is his speed and supposed lack of receiving skills. Selfishly I'd love to have him back, but don't they say to be safe it's good to be a projected 3/4th round pick? Isn't this Brett Smith all over again?
lakesbison
Cowpoke

are expectations being adjusted?? or is wyonation just gonna go with the flow and see what happens?