So this Bohl ball thing is kinda workin

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

After losing to EMU for the 2nd time in 2 years, I figured this team was done.
I certainly did not see the Bronze Boot ass-whoopin, or the AFA game playing out the way they did.

Fairly impressive turn around from last year to this year.

With as down as some of the teams throughout the MWC are right now, I think the Pokes can clinch bowl eligibility at home vs Utah State, and can grab a couple more wins after that.

8-4 is not out of the realm of possibility assuming they don't lay an egg vs Nevada, UNLV, or NM.

Would love for one of the bowl projections to play out and have Wyo beat BYU in a bowl game.

Go Pokes!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

I love it. Fundamentals of football still hold as true as ever.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

PokeOLoco wrote:I love it. Fundamentals of football still hold as true as ever.
It doesn't hurt having one of the best RB's in the country either.

Speaking of Hill, is he going to stay for his senior year? Would be GREAT for the Pokes if he did.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Wyoming/BYU in Vegas would be huge. Hawaii
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

BeaverPoke wrote:

Speaking of Hill, is he going to stay for his senior year? Would be GREAT for the Pokes if he did.
Question of the year right there.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Well based on what one scout had to say about him in an interview with Dino I would say he definitely should stay. But who knows, it was only one scout's opinion. He should certainly ask to be evaluated, but actually listen to said evaluation unlike some guy we all know.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Hey Beav! First post of the football season? How long since you posted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

There are moments where NDSU pops up on the field. I am beginning to see what made Bohl so successful in Fargo. You win the line of scrimmage and everything else falls into place. Adding two stud OL's this week doesnt hurt and only makes us look better going forward. I have certainly had my doubts this season but the plan is starting to clarify a little.

We still have a long ways to go before were beating Iowa at home but I love the progression this year. FINALLY. Shaping up to make HIll's senior season one for the ages. GO POKES!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Knock on all types of wood, but I'll say this much: considering what has transpired to this point in 2016 for both teams...that Week 3 home game vs. Oregon in 2017 sure looks interesting.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote:
BeaverPoke wrote:

Question of the year right there.
I think he will. Not having as big of a year as last year, and RBs aren't that highly valued in the NFL.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Didn't they change the rule so you can enter the draft, and as long as you don't hire an agent, come back to school if you didn't get selected? I thought they changed that recently.
Last edited by Cowboy Junky on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I don't think the rule applies... I think Hill would be crazy to leave when you take a deeper look at RB class year.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I thought that was for basketball but not football
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

W-Y, Until I Die!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Looking at the roster, the amount of RS freshman, freshman and Sophomores is crazy. Lots of youth. If Bohl keeps the pipeline full we may have a "program".

I'm in.

BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:Hey Beav! First post of the football season? How long since you posted?

Hola lax! Not my first post of the season, I have been on a little bit but none since the EMU loss.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

I think having a LOT of really good RBs like McCaffery, Dalvin Cook, and Leonard Fournette may help keep Hills stock down this year.
If he comes back... oh boy.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

BeaverPoke wrote:
laxwyo wrote:Hey Beav! First post of the football season? How long since you posted?

Hola lax! Not my first post of the season, I have been on a little bit but none since the EMU loss.
That's great! But according to superstition, you'll need to go away until we lose again. Can't have the beav f-word up the rotation [emoji23]

W-Y, Until I Die!
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Selfishly I would love for Hill to come back but if his draft evaluations are positive then he would be crazy to come back IMHO. Running backs only have so many carries/hits in them. It is such a brutal position. So he only has so many years to make a living at RB so he shouldn't spend one of those years taking the hits for free especially when he gets used as heavily as he does in our offense.
Running back is one of those positions I never blame a player for leaving early. Gotta get paid while you still can.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote:Selfishly I would love for Hill to come back but if his draft evaluations are positive then he would be crazy to come back IMHO. Running backs only have so many carries/hits in them. It is such a brutal position. So he only has so many years to make a living at RB so he shouldn't spend one of those years taking the hits for free especially when he gets used as heavily as he does in our offense.
Running back is one of those positions I never blame a player for leaving early. Gotta get paid while you still can.
Has anyone seen his twitter page? He's got a gigantic photo across the top of it that reads,

NFL, in massive letters.

I think he's as good as gone.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.