So this Bohl ball thing is kinda workin

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
whyoh wrote:I agree.....tbh (not that I agree with this) he may not even be perceived as being in the top 2 of the mw let alone nationally at this point......
This is a good point that I hadn't even considered.

When you look into the stats a little more, I think his perception drops a little more. Sure, he's 6th in FBS in rushing...but he's just 97th in yards per carry.

This junior class is loaded, and I'm guessing most of them will go pro early. Names like Leoard Fournette, Dalvin Cook, Christian McCaffrey, Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb all have more name value across the country. Looking closer to home, I think a guy like Jeremy McNichols will get more pub than Hill because he went to Boise.

Hill is currently rated by CBS Sports as a 5th to 6th round pick and just the 18th-best RB of the potential draft class. At that point, is it really worth it?
A case could be made that his "yards per carry" would be higher with a better OL. Just sayin. Hill has had to earn yards others don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote:A case could be made that his "yards per carry" would be higher with a better OL. Just sayin. Hill has had to earn yards others don't.
Scouts aren't always looking at that though, and they usually won't blame an OL for an RB's struggles when watching tape. You don't always have an all-american OL. What are you doing behind a mediocre line?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote:
Poke-proud wrote:A case could be made that his "yards per carry" would be higher with a better OL. Just sayin. Hill has had to earn yards others don't.
Scouts aren't always looking at that though, and they usually won't blame an OL for an RB's struggles when watching tape. You don't always have an all-american OL. What are you doing behind a mediocre line?
Agreed, that's why many of us realize how well Bohl can recruit and find talent. Many would ask how did Hill get here. I'm glad he is.

Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

We'll be fine at running back. We have a Parade All-American taking a redshirt this year in addition to Nico Evans and Milo Hall. Overstreet is a north/south runner with some power. He's not Brian Hill, but he should excel in our system. Hall gives us an element of speed/quickness we haven't had at running back since Demo.

Maybe Hill comes back. I'm just going to assume he won't.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

I'll be honest, I'm somewhat concerned about Overstreet. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with him as the main guy.

One nice thing about if Hill stays is it'd bridge the gap nicely to the start of Theo Dawson's career.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bohl and NDSU rolled in bell cow RB after bell cow RB. Wyo will be fine there.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

I'm actually more excited about Hall than Overstreet. Dunno if he can shoulder the full load but I think he's good
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

The lack of receiving skills is killing his stock. That is today's NFL, and a big part of the pro style/west coast offense. We utilized him that way a lot his first couple years but this year he only has 10 receiving yards thus far.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

PokeOLoco wrote:The lack of receiving skills is killing his stock. That is today's NFL, and a big part of the pro style/west coast offense. We utilized him that way a lot his first couple years but this year he only has 10 receiving yards thus far.
Haven't really targeted, or even used much to begin with, in the passing game.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Not sure I agree with the bad at blocking I actually think that is one of his assets. I remember a few games where the announcers would comment that when Hill was out the back up was not blocking as good as Hill.

Now I won't say he is super blocker but I'm sorry NFL backs don't block much unless it's a blitz or someone gets through the line and there are not a lot off great blocking backs

Also you guys not recall the Fresno game Hill can catch just fine.

Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Wyo2dal wrote:Not sure I agree with the bad at blocking I actually think that is one of his assets. I remember a few games where the announcers would comment that when Hill was out the back up was not blocking as good as Hill.

Now I won't say he is super blocker but I'm sorry NFL backs don't block much unless it's a blitz or someone gets through the line and there are not a lot off great blocking backs

Hill for the season has 2 receptions for 10 yds.It just makes you wonder why.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Cuttslam wrote:
Wyo2dal wrote:Not sure I agree with the bad at blocking I actually think that is one of his assets. I remember a few games where the announcers would comment that when Hill was out the back up was not blocking as good as Hill.

He's not often sent out for routes, but usually kept as an extra blocker or for the playaction.
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

He's not often sent out for routes, but usually kept as an extra blocker or for the playaction.
Hill is a Huge playmaker. Why don't they use him coming out of the backfield with a linebacker to beat. I'd take that match up all day but the don't. Why are they limiting our biggest asset. Unless?
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Cuttslam wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:
Cuttslam wrote:

Hill is a Huge playmaker. Why don't they use him coming out of the backfield with a linebacker to beat. I'd take that match up all day but the don't. Why are they limiting our biggest asset. Unless?
I agree
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

lakesbison wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:34 pm Bohl has brought ndsu Ball to WYO.

eliminate turnovers, control the clock and play defense.

period!

congrats

Bohl overall has been a success at Wyoming... this thread is correct.
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

lakesbison wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:46 pm

period!

congrats

Yep, a .444 winning percentage. Those who stay will go 6-6!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Bringing up really old threads...but this thread does bring a good question...what happened to BeaverPoke? He used to be the most active person on here. I hope he is ok.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 am Bringing up really old threads...but this thread does bring a good question...what happened to BeaverPoke? He used to be the most active person on here. I hope he is ok.
IIRC, he started to fade out once he graduated and went to Oregon State for grad school. For a few years, he was one of the most frequent posters, then he only showed up during football season, and then he was gone. Looks like he hasn't been on since December of 2017. I concur, hope all is well with BP.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:15 am Bringing up really old threads...but this thread does bring a good question...what happened to BeaverPoke? He used to be the most active person on here. I hope he is ok.
When you're only 50% Cowboy fan you don't stick around full-time
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

calpoke25 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:33 pm
lakesbison wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:46 pm

period!

congrats

Yep, a .444 winning percentage. Those who stay will go 6-6!
It's a "what have you done for me lately" world. His trajectory looks good to me. I'm all in with Bohl!!