To everyone in Wyoming who flies a Nebraska Flag:

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

If you grew up here, turn in your license plate. You are a traitor and have no business here. You certainly are not welcome at Wyoming Athletic Events. I know who you are. You're that bandwagon kind of fan who just can't identify with Wyoming athletics because there haven't been enough wins. Maybe you WANT to be a Cowboy fan. And you say you are a Cowboy fan in certain circles. But you wear that f-ing Nebraska poop just because they happen to be the nearest big-time football school to have had some consistent success over the years. You are Benedict Arnold. I saw you and all of your kind in War Memorial in 2011. You were so excited to show your Wyoming friends that you had made the right choice. I was the guy yelling at you. If you are from Nebraska, and live in Wyoming, this post isn't about you. If you have lived in southeastern Wyoming all your life and have all that red poop, you're the guy I'm talking about. Go pick some corn.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

You just described 90% of ALL OU and Okie State fans here in Oklahoma. And yes...I'm dead serious.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

lol I love this and I agree, I can't stand Wyoming natives that bleed red over gold
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

gopokes1399 wrote:lol I love this and I agree, I can't stand Wyoming natives that bleed red over gold
It's an inferiority issue when someone hitches their identity to "winners" they have no actual connection to...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
lakesbison
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Nebraska is a poor man's IOWA. a pathetic state with pathetic people.
wyopokes2
Ranch Hand

gopokes1399 wrote:lol I love this and I agree, I can't stand Wyoming natives that bleed red over gold
Or even worse...UW students who wore Nebraska stuff to those game. Made me freaking sick how many of our own students turned on us.
PCB
Ranch Hand

lakesbison wrote:Nebraska is a poor man's IOWA. a pathetic state with pathetic people.
Nebraska is far from being a pathetic state and its people are anything but pathetic. What is pathetic is your post. :thumbdown:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

What comes to mind is the guy across from Washington Park on Sheridan that flies a Nebraska flag. I have always wanted to take it down and wipe my butt with it and string it back up. Just like what you said in the OP, hope he isn't actually from Wyoming.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Love this thread. Agreed with everything said. I live in Cheyenne(didn't grow up here) and I hate Nebraska. I hate trying to go to the bar to watch a football game when there is a Nebraska game on and seeing every tv turned to the Nebraska game and the bar filled with red. And when I was in school knowing kids that would stay home from a UW game to watch a Nebraska game on TV. Made me so mad. Lets beat those MFers.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

It used to piss me off when I worked in the student union seeing students wearing Nebraska gear or other schools colors on campus. But hey that's what years of apathy for our program will do. There is one simple solution: Just win baby! and the rest will fall in place. The turncoats will be running back to the brown and gold. That's just the kind of society we live in. Jump on the bandwagon!
I'm good for 3!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

My boss is a huge Husker fan and I would love nothing more than to come into work Monday morning gloating! Go get the win, Pokes!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

ImageImageImageImage
KG Skerz
Buckaroo

lakesbison wrote:Nebraska is a poor man's IOWA. a pathetic state with pathetic people.
Lol id love to hear your reasoning on all three statements you made. Really a bad look you are making for Wyoming fans because the last time we played you guys, we had a really good time tailgating with several very nice cowboys fans. I think ill keep this screen shot sir. Thanks for the class. :thumb:
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

KG Skerz wrote:
Lol id love to hear your reasoning on all three statements you made. Really a bad look you are making for Wyoming fans because the last time we played you guys, we had a really good time tailgating with several very nice cowboys fans. I think ill keep this screen shot sir. Thanks for the class. :thumb:
Never associate lakesbison with Wyoming people. He's an NDSU fan who's been banned from every message board he's ever looked at.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

MrTitleist wrote:
KG Skerz wrote:
Never associate lakesbison with Wyoming people. He's an NDSU fan who's been banned from every message board he's ever looked at.
Including the NDSU boards!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
KG Skerz
Buckaroo

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:
KG Skerz wrote:
Including the NDSU boards!!!!!
Awesome. No harm no foul then. :) Really hope to see a lot of Wyoming fans in Lincoln, its an early game so get into Lincoln early as the Interstate and road into Lincoln will be backed up big time. Can wait to talk some college football come Saturday.
Cowduck
Cowpoke

I had friends in college from western Nebraska and I got furious at them every Saturday for prioritizing Husker games over Wyoming ones. Where does your tuition money go, jackasses?
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Isn't Bohl from Nebraska? Hmmm born in Nebraska, played at Nebraska, coached at Nebraska. Oh, oh my this got akward...

Now to get back on topic. I have a lot of family that went to Michigan. I grew up rooting for Michigan. While I still pull for them, the day Michigan was my primary college football team ended the day I enrolled in Wyoming. Wyoming is the school I went to, the place I got my degrees, and the place I represented in student competitions. I put in too much effort into the University and the University put too much energy into educating me for me to place any other school above UW. That's how I see it.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:
KG Skerz wrote:
This.
Plus, a lot of us have connections to people in Nebraska, Bohl simply being one of them.
Jawja
Buckaroo

I see lots of Husker flags down here is SEC land too. It seems like lot's of Husker fans around the country.