Wyoming "more open than ever" to beer sales

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 32 times

Interesting article from Brandon Foster today about beer sales at the stadium.
http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/ ... ad4c2.html
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Makes sense. Pretty hard to keep asking citizens and legislatures to keep giving us money when you have such an OBVIOUS revenue stream lying untapped.
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Now the cat is out of the bag, I can confirm everything in this report. Was at a meeting earlier this summer in Laramie that said beer sales are already up for discussion and could be approved in time for start of the 2017 season due to university budget cuts.
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

I hear internally the department is shooting for sales next season.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Meanwhile, New Belgium is ponying up for a beer garden at Sheep Stadium.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

This gives some insight into our athletic department. Would be nice to be on the cutting edge of an idea instead of picking it up when it becomes the status quo for every school. Needs to happen imo, but wasn't Burman quoted as saying that beer sales would never be likely? I see CSU is going to build a party deck area. That's another idea we should steal.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

It should have been a no-brainer years ago. That's a considerable amount of revenue they flat out refused for years.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

I don't get it. This ball has been dropped for more than 40 years, but now - all of a sudden, somebody got their head out of their ass and woke up...realizing what this could bring to UW? We have been bitching about this (as fans) here on Wyonation for almost 10 years now...every off season. Ugh.

You want to keep fans in the stadium at half time? Sell beer, and have a no re-admittance policy.

You want to stop fans from binge drinking (for the most part)? Sell beer at the games.

You want a simple revenue source? Sell beer at the games (Football, basketball, soccer, golf, etc.).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote:I don't get it. This ball has been dropped for more than 40 years, but now - all of a sudden, somebody got their head out of their ass and woke up...realizing what this could bring to UW? We have been bitching about this (as fans) here on Wyonation for almost 10 years now...every off season. Ugh.

You want to keep fans in the stadium at half time? Sell beer, and have a no re-admittance policy.

You want to stop fans from binge drinking (for the most part)? Sell beer at the games.

You want a simple revenue source? Sell beer at the games (Football, basketball, soccer, golf, etc.).
One word- Mormons.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Wyovanian wrote:
McPeachy wrote:I don't get it. This ball has been dropped for more than 40 years, but now - all of a sudden, somebody got their head out of their ass and woke up...realizing what this could bring to UW? We have been bitching about this (as fans) here on Wyonation for almost 10 years now...every off season. Ugh.

One word- Mormons.

Gotta love a good challenge though...eh?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

Part of the AA phase 2 remodel includes lots of new concessions. Concessions that could easily be modified to include taps.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

elfletcho wrote:Part of the AA phase 2 remodel includes lots of new concessions. Concessions that could easily be modified to include taps.
And stuff like this

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1730 ... ting-fancy
http://es.pn/2b6pIA3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
W-Y, Until I Die!
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote:
elfletcho wrote:Part of the AA phase 2 remodel includes lots of new concessions. Concessions that could easily be modified to include taps.
And stuff like this

Stuff like that is already happening. There are two big kitchens going in the remodel.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Wyovanian wrote:

One word- Mormons.
Figures. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

One word- Mormons.
This is mostly being driven by revenue. Nobody wanted to do it before because its a difficult conversation with the legislature. Now, they don't have much of a choice if they want more funding.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

One word- Mormons.
This is mostly being driven by revenue. Nobody wanted to do it before because its a difficult conversation with the legislature. Now, they don't have much of a choice if they want more funding.
Oh horsesh-t. It's a difficult (and since when do we pay people to do things that are easy?) conversation only because the heretofore dug-in-like-ticks Mormons have made it so. They run counter to the mainstream on so many subjects. They're also the first ones to complain about the price of anything...
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Sad that a group that is in the minority ( Mormons in this case) can impact/block the desires of the majority. Never understood the objection to beer at games. I could always have a beer between classes in the union and there was no stigma about getting poop faced before a football game and than walking to the library.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

elfletcho wrote:
laxwyo wrote:
And stuff like this

Stuff like that is already happening. There are two big kitchens going in the remodel.
For the AA or the War?

W-Y, Until I Die!
wyocowboy2014
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

One word- Mormons.
Oh horsesh-t. It's a difficult (and since when do we pay people to do things that are easy?) conversation only because the heretofore dug-in-like-ticks Mormons have made it so. They run counter to the mainstream on so many subjects. They're also the first ones to complain about the price of anything...
I'm not defending them. We do pay them to do that hard job. Just saying why all the sudden they have a fire under their ass.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Wyovanian wrote:
wyocowboy2014 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Wyovanian wrote:

One word- Mormons.
So true :rofl: