Wyoming "more open than ever" to beer sales

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

I like the idea of having a place with a variety of local brews from all around Wyoming, call it "The Steamboat Beer Gardens". Have every brewery that wants to be included pitch in a smaller donation each year as none of them could probably pay the amount we would need from a single provider, and have 1 or 2 of their brews on tap. This would let us showcase some of the best beers from all over the state, not just one brewery in one town. Then you could still sell your Bud/Coors/Miller in the normal concessions areas.

Just think of all the places you could have in one spot:

Buffalo - Clear Creek Brewery
Cheyenne - Cheyenne and Freedom's Edge breweries
Gillette - Gillette Brewing
Rock Springs/Green River - Sweetwater and Bitter Creek brewing
Jackson - Jackson Hole and Snake River Brewing
Laramie - Altitude, Coal Creek, Library (if they get it together)
Pinedale - Wind River brewing
Sheridan - Blacktooth brewing
Wilson - Grand Teton Brewing

I know there's a few others, but that's a pretty solid list right there. Even if each company pitched in just $5,000 to be featured, you're looking at over $50K right there, not to mention the profit off of sales from their products.

Craft beer is my passion, this is something I could do all day, sign me up UW, I'll make it a gold mine. :D
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote:
PokeTransplant wrote:Altitude's needs to expand their brewing capacity and get a foot in the door. Maybe a collaboration between the Library and Altitude's. (Does the Library still brew? Haven't been back in quite a while....)
Altitude lost their main brewer a while ago - so the jury is out (although last time I was there it was great). The Library is a poop show, literally, drink their beer if you are constipated. There is another brewer in town though that has a superior product - Coal Creek Brewery (located by their coffee place). Best craft beer in Laramie - maybe they should work a deal out!
You're crazy. I have never had a Coal Creek beer I enjoyed. The Library is hands down the best beer in Laramie.
:twocents:
:)
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

TSpoke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
PokeTransplant wrote:Altitude's needs to expand their brewing capacity and get a foot in the door. Maybe a collaboration between the Library and Altitude's. (Does the Library still brew? Haven't been back in quite a while....)
Altitude lost their main brewer a while ago - so the jury is out (although last time I was there it was great). The Library is a poop show, literally, drink their beer if you are constipated. There is another brewer in town though that has a superior product - Coal Creek Brewery (located by their coffee place). Best craft beer in Laramie - maybe they should work a deal out!
You're crazy. I have never had a Coal Creek beer I enjoyed. The Library is hands down the best beer in Laramie.
:twocents:
:)
LOL! You are just saying that because they have Bud Light on tap! :lol:

Coal Creek has won the people's choice at the Laramie Brewfest the last 2 years. They won the Steinley Cup last year as well (only Wyoming craft beer brewers allowed). They also have numerous awards from other events through the state - like Cheyenne, etc.

The Library has awful craft beer. **That said, it wasn't that way, when they were in their old location on Grand. They had an edge, were focused on that edge, and the brewer made some terrific beer. No so much these days.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Sheridan's BlackTooth is growing on me, Bomber Mountain's purdy good
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Good notes on Coal Creek, I'm gonna have to sample that while I'm down there.

Blacktooth just started distribution to Missoula over the summer.. packed some Bomber Mountain along on our guys trip this year, good stuff.
ImageImageImageImage
hithere
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
LOL! You are just saying that because they have Bud Light on tap! :lol:

Coal Creek has won the people's choice at the Laramie Brewfest the last 2 years. They won the Steinley Cup last year as well (only Wyoming craft beer brewers allowed). They also have numerous awards from other events through the state - like Cheyenne, etc.

The Library has awful craft beer. **That said, it wasn't that way, when they were in their old location on Grand. They had an edge, were focused on that edge, and the brewer made some terrific beer. No so much these days.
But The Library won People's Choice last year at the Steinley Cup.

We're living in the golden age of microbrews; it's a great problem to have arguing over the best in-state brew.
elfletcho
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
f-word that place. I refuse to support Jodi Guerin.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

elfletcho wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
To each their own I guess - but this was a derailed thread about local Wyoming (Laramie) brewers, not your views on the brewer's wife. Jesus.
Dear Karma,

elfletcho
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:
elfletcho wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
To each their own I guess - but this was a derailed thread about local Wyoming (Laramie) brewers, not your views on the brewer's wife. Jesus.
Both of them are neck deep in the corruption of this city. If you want to support everything that is wrong with Laramie, please go ahead and have some coal creek tap.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

elfletcho wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
elfletcho wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Both of them are neck deep in the corruption of this city. If you want to support everything that is wrong with Laramie, please go ahead and have some coal creek tap.
:shock: Oh really? That is ripe. I know a little about Laramie - not very much, but from what I do know, if you want to "support everything that is wrong with Laramie" look at these places below (that is, unless you are stuck in 1994) - not a couple of individuals, one of which was the mayor in 2002 or whatever, but neither that have been involved in the city for a decade plus.

1. City Manager & Office
2. City Council
3. County Commissioners
4. UW BOT
5. LCBA
6. Laramie DDA (if still even active)
7. DLBA
8. LEDC (if still even active)
9. City Code Inspectors
10. City Developers
Dear Karma,

hithere
Ranch Hand

elfletcho wrote:
lol.

You should totally not wave at them when you see them driving.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I think the idea of a "Steamboat Gardens" is a great idea! We could have something very unique and would create a cool ambiance.
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Snake River or Melvin in Jackson or Black Tooth in Sheridan could all do it and do it well. Just have one of their names on it with rotational guest taps from other breweries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

GoPokes86 wrote:Snake River or Melvin in Jackson or Black Tooth in Sheridan could all do it and do it well. Just have one of their names on it with rotational guest taps from other breweries.

Perfect

W-Y, Until I Die!
American Horse
Ranch Hand

If our FB team is anywhere near as bad as it was last season, beer in The War is a must! There is no possible way anyone can watch that without something to dull the pain and senses.