Fire Burman

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

How mucH more evidence do folks need? :roll:
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Lol. Now you've done it. The Burman Bat Signal has been deployed. Enter the fanboys in 10, 9, 8, ...
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Speaking about repeating topics...this is post #1,849 on this subject.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 297 times
Been liked: 119 times

Yabadabadoo wrote:Speaking about repeating topics...this is post #1,849 on this subject.
Lay's potato chips, M&M's, or Ice Cold Anchor Steam, sometimes there can never be enough of a good thing. :twisted:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Lol. Now you've done it. The Burman Bat Signal has been deployed. Enter the fanboys in 10, 9, 8, ...
The Burman witch hunt bomb fire must be quicker than the Bat Signal.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

McPeachy wrote:
Yabadabadoo wrote:Speaking about repeating topics...this is post #1,849 on this subject.
Lay's potato chips, M&M's, or Ice Cold Anchor Steam, sometimes there can never be enough of a good thing. :twisted:
What is the proper fate for the person responsible for making me suffer through 5 years of heath ball?
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

You can never go wrong with a fire Burman thread.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Well boys, if I knew anyone in Meads posse wit enuff stroke to stop this, I wouldnt be ventin my spleen thisaway. I'd be bendin their ear.

The decline in Cowboy athletics under this tinhorn is as obvious as a turd in a punchbowl.Hes run this outfit into the ground, sure enuff.

Its a wonder and a puzzlement why he's never been called to talley.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

WyoAlum1987 wrote:The decline in Cowboy athletics under this tinhorn is as obvious as a turd in a punchbowl.
So do you not consider Wyoming volleyball and men's basketball part of Cowboy athletics, or...?
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
SnowyRange
Ranch Hand

So do you not consider Wyoming volleyball and men's basketball part of Cowboy athletics, or...?
Oh, it's just guys lashing out in frustration.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

SnowyRange wrote:
Yup, just wait till everyone has their hopes crushed from our basketball team struggling this year. Everyone's head will be in question at that point...
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

kansasCowboy wrote:
SnowyRange wrote:
Yup, just wait till everyone has their hopes crushed from our basketball team struggling this year. Everyone's head will be in question at that point...
I have little doubt that the guys are gonna experience some growing pains with having 4 new starters and a lot of youngsters on the team this year, I don't think anyone expects a repeat of last year, or maybe anything close. However, I can guarantee they're not gonna put up the complete poop shows that this sorry excuse of a football team has. Shyatt's got a group that plays the right way, plays their collective asses off, and effort and "T R Y" as he often talks about is never lacking. Yet somehow, in the midst of the most exciting, electric season Wyoming athletics has seen in an age, this same coach had to come out constantly literally begging people to come to games, and you'd often see the lower bowl of the AA quite empty. At the same time we've gotten 18,000 plus to all our football games so far to watch this debacle?!? Mind boggling.

There's been at least one comment made on this board awhile back from someone who said they don't care about basketball, even though we just had our best season in years. Sad folks are willing to back a trash can football team that has been on the decline for a long long time, but at the same time willing to throw under the bus the only program thats had any semblance of success in recent memory. disclaimer (yes the schroyer days were a dark bottomless pit)

Not aimed at kansas cowboy at all, just a vent in general.

On topic: all I can say is if it wasn't for striking gold so to speak with Shyatt thus far, Burman would have been ousted already. Can't think of a single major coaching hire that hasn't been a train-wreck. (obviously jury still out on Bohl)
billings
Ranch Hand

WyoAlum1987 wrote:Well boys, if I knew anyone in Meads posse wit enuff stroke to stop this, I wouldnt be ventin my spleen thisaway. I'd be bendin their ear.

The decline in Cowboy athletics under this tinhorn is as obvious as a turd in a punchbowl.Hes run this outfit into the ground, sure enuff.

With the exception of Football Wyoming athletics are more competitive in the MWC then they ever have been and we are finding success in women's sports that we have almost never seen at UW

Add in Mens BB and Wrestling at performing at high levels as well
American Horse
Ranch Hand

On topic: all I can say is if it wasn't for striking gold so to speak with Shyatt thus far, Burman would have been ousted already. Can't think of a single major coaching hire that hasn't been a train-wreck. (obviously jury still out on Bohl)

Not getting int the "fire" or "don't fire" argument but Burman also hired head wrestling coach Mark Branch. Check out his record and what has happened to wrestling under his leadership. He was certainly a GREAT hire.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

billings wrote:
WyoAlum1987 wrote:Well boys, if I knew anyone in Meads posse wit enuff stroke to stop this, I wouldnt be ventin my spleen thisaway. I'd be bendin their ear.

With the exception of Football Wyoming athletics are more competitive in the MWC then they ever have been and we are finding success in women's sports that we have almost never seen at UW

My god. We, as a fanbase, have started to sink to all-time lows. This post (sorry billings) proves it.

1. The Olympic sports should be more competitive. We have a MUCH weaker conference (TCU, Utah, bWHYu).

2. Not sure what you define success as, but success is MWC championships. If you ain't first, your last.

3. Men's BB - I refuse to give that credit to Burman. Shyatt sought the position out, and the committee handed him to Burman. Bad part is, it probably took some convincing to get Burman to sign off on it.

4. Under the steadfast and watchful eye of Buchanan, Wyoming Athletics were allowed to stay the course, and wade through season after season, without any accountability whatsoever. For 10 years now.

5. The hire / fire track-record of Burman's tenure is sickening. I am not sure I can forgive the Heath debacle...and our attendance has still not recovered. I am not sure I can forgive the DC debacle, or the handling of Joe Glenn, or the numerous other firings (and contract non-renewals) either. I am not sure I understand letting Sanchez (soccer) go, Yerty (volleyball) go, while keeping the golf program in tact for instance. Talk about institutional inconsistency!

6. I will give Burman credit for Branch. And although I enjoy he (and UW) competes, this isn't a MWC sport, and it sure was not a tough one to make happen. The pool is shallow in NCAA wrestling.
Dear Karma,

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote:
billings wrote:

My god. We, as a fanbase, have started to sink to all-time lows. This post (sorry billings) proves it.

1. The Olympic sports should be more competitive. We have a MUCH weaker conference (TCU, Utah, bWHYu).

2. Not sure what you define success as, but success is MWC championships. If you ain't first, your last.

3. Men's BB - I refuse to give that credit to Burman. Shyatt sought the position out, and the committee handed him to Burman. Bad part is, it probably took some convincing to get Burman to sign off on it.

4. Under the steadfast and watchful eye of Buchanan, Wyoming Athletics were allowed to stay the course, and wade through season after season, without any accountability whatsoever. For 10 years now.

5. The hire / fire track-record of Burman's tenure is sickening. I am not sure I can forgive the Heath debacle...and our attendance has still not recovered. I am not sure I can forgive the DC debacle, or the handling of Joe Glenn, or the numerous other firings (and contract non-renewals) either. I am not sure I understand letting Sanchez (soccer) go, Yerty (volleyball) go, while keeping the golf program in tact for instance. Talk about institutional inconsistency!

6. I will give Burman credit for Branch. And although I enjoy he (and UW) competes, this isn't a MWC sport, and it sure was not a tough one to make happen. The pool is shallow in NCAA wrestling.
If true, completely agree with you!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

Honestly, my opinion is starting to change. I think Burman is exactly what the majority at WYO wants.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:Honestly, my opinion is starting to change. I think Burman is exactly what the majority at WYO wants.
There is a small (and vocal) portion of the fanbase that is great with having Burman at the helm. They don't care about the inner-workings of the department - or pay attention enough to know about things most on this board DO know about (the TBA budget, the Heath experiment, the handlings of many other situations). Hell, he is a "Wyoming Guy" and look how good the wrestling team is doing! Plus, what more could you want, the men's basketball team just won a MWC tournament championship!
Dear Karma,

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
ragtimejoe1 wrote:Honestly, my opinion is starting to change. I think Burman is exactly what the majority at WYO wants.
There is a small (and vocal) portion of the fanbase that is great with having Burman at the helm. They don't care about the inner-workings of the department - or pay attention enough to know about things most on this board DO know about (the TBA budget, the Heath experiment, the handlings of many other situations). Hell, he is a "Wyoming Guy" and look how good the wrestling team is doing! Plus, what more could you want, the men's basketball team just won a MWC tournament championship!
Yeah, I probably let the vocal minority get to me. It just seems that the independent report regarding complacency is spot on (not with the coaches). Sometimes it seems, from the vocal minority, that Burman et al. is achieving a level that makes everyone happy.

Any word on presidential candidates? This next hire will be the single most important event for WYO athletics maybe ever.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote:
McPeachy wrote:
Yeah, I probably let the vocal minority get to me. It just seems that the independent report regarding complacency is spot on (not with the coaches). Sometimes it seems, from the vocal minority, that Burman et al. is achieving a level that makes everyone happy.

Any word on presidential candidates? This next hire will be the single most important event for WYO athletics maybe ever.
I was (am) about to start a thread on that very topic...
Dear Karma,