Titus Swen dismissed from Cowboy football

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Outlaw Arthur Morgan
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 11 times

307bball wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:57 pm
bullbugle307 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:33 pm I really doubt there’s more to the story…

I can imagine Swen said he was leaving and not playing in the bowl game, he probably called out Bohls [#]sh#t offensive philosophy, and Bohl kicked him off the team to set an example to others who he knows want so badly to do the same. The violation of team rules was probably nothing more than daring to question Bohls offensive genius.

Bohls got a huge ego and is clearly incapable of admitting when he’s wrong. If he was capable, he would’ve changed our offense. I bet he knows he’s losing the locker room so he felt he had to come down hard on anyone who dares criticize him on the team.
There are so many things to criticize Bohl for...But I hear the ego thing come up a lot. Why? What am I missing? Every college HC (Including FCS) has a MAAAAASSSSIVE ego. Is Bohl's ego super huge? Is this because he's prickly in a presser where he gets asked the wrong question?...again...every coach does that.
I see two Craig Bohls - the Jekyl and Hyde. We get one after a loss at a post game conference where emotions are high and things get a bit snappy. Glad to see a little fire in the belly.

Then there is the the postgame win - where everyone is complimented. Its the same one that shows up early in the week to compliment the Laramie Hose Company #10 about how good their team is (besides being 0-10 and losing by 50 on average).

He was more calm and collected in the early years. I think he has lost a bit of that over time. He is a good motivator. He can build a program, and do alot with next to nothing. But some part of the program stinks. Hell, he is 20+ years older than me and still has some abilities to connect to "just turned adults" that I can't really do. I don't have a dog in this fight and just posting an observation. I'll criticize what I see on the field all day long, but I really don't have much of a clue what happens outside of the 36-40 hours and a few press conferences.
PokeNer
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Well that is pretty alarming if that is the truth. It was telling that the recruiting coordinator didn't mention Bohl or any of the coaches on his way out. Anyone else notice the press conference the week of the Fresno game didn't happen? I emailed the media coordinator and got a response that there were "technical difficulties" Has Bohl lost the lockeroom? All signs are pointing that way
I'm good for 3!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Cornpoke wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:25 pm Well that is pretty alarming if that is the truth. It was telling that the recruiting coordinator didn't mention Bohl or any of the coaches on his way out. Anyone else notice the press conference the week of the Fresno game didn't happen? I emailed the media coordinator and got a response that there were "technical difficulties" Has Bohl lost the lockeroom? All signs are pointing that way
Broken record ala 2021?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:30 pm
Cornpoke wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:25 pm Well that is pretty alarming if that is the truth. It was telling that the recruiting coordinator didn't mention Bohl or any of the coaches on his way out. Anyone else notice the press conference the week of the Fresno game didn't happen? I emailed the media coordinator and got a response that there were "technical difficulties" Has Bohl lost the lockeroom? All signs are pointing that way
Broken record ala 2021?
That broken record still finished 7-5 somehow.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

PokeNer wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:12 pm Image
Titus sure is burning the house down on his way out.

I love the "according to ex-football player and source" as if there are any other ex-football players and sources to choose from.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Another theory besides Bohl is an asshole that everyone hates is that he is taking care of the issues that are holding back UW football.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

So was it Swen saying Fresno would be his last game or bashing Bohl after the Fresno game? Both "reports" from Barstool Wyo, which I take with a dumptruck full of salt.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

^^Basically what I heard^^ However, what was Bohl supposed to do in the moment? Bosses don't take crap like that.

I thought he had changed the culture, but apparently not. He should work on that
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 80 times

Well, if this is true - which I don't doubt - then we will see more transfers. No matter what you think about Titus and his departure, it is clear that there is a cultural problem. Sure, there is a TX tie to a lot of the transfers out, but the barstool intel doesn't seem to indicate that the issues are anything more than players being discontent with coaches. I know other schools have transfers too, but this is crazy.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:39 pm
McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:30 pm

Broken record ala 2021?
Exceeding my expectations certainly. I had us pegged at 3 - 4 wins in 2022.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:23 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:39 pm
Exceeding my expectations certainly. I had us pegged at 3 - 4 wins in 2022.
Agreed, I had them at 3 wins, so I'm happy to eat some crow. Hope they win their bowl game for the kids' sake.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.