MWC Exploring 8 Game Fall Season

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:15 pm PAC-12 only playing a 7 game season starting in Nov. For whatever reason I wish we had made our announcement before them. This just makes us look like we can't make any decision without a P-5 conference doing it. Following the PAC-12 specifically makes me want to puke. This whole situation was a negative for the MW as a whole I think.
In reality, isn't it true that if the Big 10 hadn't decided to play, we wouldn't have either? We went the safe route and now that others have changed their minds, we are being dragged along. Frankly, I don't know what's it in it for the California schools and UNLV, where the games will have no fans. We get one snow storm like last thanksgiving and we won't have any either. From a financial standpoint, this makes less sense every day. Already, 4 games have been cancelled this weekend, including Notre Dame vs Wake Forest. We could end playing 3 or 4 games. Is it worth putting the players at risk for injuries for a few meaningless games?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

In other words, don't call us we'll call you!!! Believe it when the pen is dry(ing)
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Done deal, 8 game season starting oct 24
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

So, if they had not been kitty, all the teams would be ready to start the delayed season. I wrote a letter to Burman and the President. I see no reason not to sell tickets to all the games. “Positive Cases” is the dumbest metric ever considering covid is a cold. People that want to watch can go. The kitty from this board can stay in the basement . I’d be surprised if they put up 50% of the tickets even though they shouldn’t even have restrictions for an outdoor event
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:01 pm So, if they had not been kitty, all the teams would be ready to start the delayed season. I wrote a letter to Burman and the President. I see no reason not to sell tickets to all the games. “Positive Cases” is the dumbest metric ever considering covid is a cold. People that want to watch can go. The kitty from this board can stay in the basement . I’d be surprised if they put up 50% of the tickets even though they shouldn’t even have restrictions for an outdoor event
"Covid is a cold" :roll:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:01 pm So, if they had not been kitty, all the teams would be ready to start the delayed season. I wrote a letter to Burman and the President. I see no reason not to sell tickets to all the games. “Positive Cases” is the dumbest metric ever considering covid is a cold. People that want to watch can go. The kitty from this board can stay in the basement . I’d be surprised if they put up 50% of the tickets even though they shouldn’t even have restrictions for an outdoor event
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-n ... arios.html

Literally a bad cold. Keep riding that covid dick, plebe.

0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

Truly horrifying considering this is the survival % from people dying “with” covid.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

Yep, just a cold, 200,000 people dead WITH preventative measures, but it's just a cold... got it.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:40 pm Yep, just a cold, 200,000 people dead WITH preventative measures, but it's just a cold... got it.
What's the risk level if you're under 49 and no comorbidities? Risk of hospitalization and risk of death?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

laxwyo wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:40 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:12 pm
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-n ... arios.html

Literally a bad cold. Keep riding that covid dick, plebe.

0-19 99.997%
20-49 99.98%
50-69 99.5%
70+ 94.6%

Truly horrifying considering this is the survival % from people dying “with” covid.
Ya these stats right here should mean open up everything immediately

If you have diabetes, copd, etc, take precautions

Anything else is ridiculous at this point
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:40 pm Yep, just a cold, 200,000 people dead WITH preventative measures, but it's just a cold... got it.
If you tested every old person that died for cold viruses, they’d probably test positive at a higher rate than covid. If we stopped testing, we wouldn’t even know there was a new virus around other than a bad cold circulating. These survival rates also don’t include the hundreds of thousands and upwards of 20 million that have had it and never been tested and/or didn’t have symptoms. Jesus man, open your eyes. The data has only been going in one direction and you’re not on the objective side. Quoting the 200,000 covid deaths tells me you have lost your objectivity. At the very least you can knock off 40% for asymptomatic carriers that died from other natural ways. If people have it with no symptoms then it’s logical to assume the guy who was going to have the heart attack could have covid, not know it and die from his heart attack.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:35 pm
I have lived in my personal echo chamber on the interwebz through this whole pandemic and don't know what the difference between objective and subjective is. I am the expert. Everyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong.
FIFY
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:13 am
laxwyo wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:35 pm
I have lived in my personal echo chamber on the interwebz through this whole pandemic and don't know what the difference between objective and subjective is. I am the expert. Everyone who doesn't agree with me is wrong.
FIFY
I’m glad you quoted this because I was hoping the other covid queens would chime in. It’s funny he’s the one calling us out for living in the echochamer when you all can’t look at simple facts and don’t have the self awareness to say, “I was wrong about the severity of this virus”. Instead the queens regurgitate lies perpetuated by the media. “Objective” was used correctly, moron.
W-Y, Until I Die!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Truly devastating. If any of them actually became sick, I can only imagine the quantities of chicken noodle soup that were consumed. Thoughts and prayers.
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

I'm not saying this thing is the bubonic plague, but suggesting that would be as hyperbolic as saying that it's the same as a cold.

If you want to talk data, we can talk data. I don't think anyone would argue that the flu is more dangerous and deadly than the common cold. Furthermore, in the last decade, the WORST year for flu deaths was 2017-2018 with 61,000 deaths. So using your estimate of 120,000 deaths attributed to Covid (your number from the 40% comment), we could say that Covid is twice as deadly as the worst flu of the last 10 years, which itself is far deadlier than the common cold. So yes, even the numbers reinforce that the statement "Covid is a cold" is a significant exaggeration.
Last edited by WestWYOPoke on Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

Here's the deal, COVID is devastating for a small percentage of the population. With a population of 360 million, a small percentage is still a big number. For a slightly higher percentage, COVID is a medical problem (ie requires medical care). For most, it is a common cold or less.

The heart deal is likely overblown because we haven't looked at it closely in other conditions. In other words, it is possible many illnesses have an effect on the heart.

The fact that we are calling positives based on a PCR test at 37 to 40 cycles is baffling. Now they call them detected vs undected rather than positive or negative. That's a direct effect of not knowing cycle number vs biological relevance even though policy is driven by number of positive or detected cases. HUGE PROBLEM. Should be criminal and investigated but i don't think most understand the significance of that.

I've known 3 families that have had it. In 1, the Male was hospitalized and recovered; the female had very minor symptoms. In the second family, four had virtually no symptoms and the dad had to have a lung transplant. In the third family, 2 were hospitalized and recovered; 3 had no symptoms; 1 died.

All were predictable based on medical history. It is damn near criminal that we aren't using epidemiological data and science to navigate our response to the virus. That and calling 37 or 40 cycles positive (now detected) needs to be brought before Congress.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Only 7000 fans, mostly season ticket holders, family and friends of teammates, and very few general public seats. Sorry, im taking 2020 off from War Memorial Stadium and will only listen to Dave Walsh this year, wearing a mask to one of my most favorite places isn't my idea of fun and especially NO tailgating
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

What's the hold up with the schedule? It shouldn't be that hard or take this long
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:50 am What's the hold up with the schedule? It shouldn't be that hard or take this long

Just a rumor but I heard we're opening at home vs CSU
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

laxwyo wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:34 pm I’m glad you quoted this because I was hoping the other covid queens would chime in. It’s funny he’s the one calling us out for living in the echochamer when you all can’t look at simple facts and don’t have the self awareness to say, “I was wrong about the severity of this virus”. Instead the queens regurgitate lies perpetuated by the media. “Objective” was used correctly, moron.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:35 pm Here's the deal, COVID is devastating for a small percentage of the population. With a population of 360 million, a small percentage is still a big number. For a slightly higher percentage, COVID is a medical problem (ie requires medical care). For most, it is a common cold or less.

The heart deal is likely overblown because we haven't looked at it closely in other conditions. In other words, it is possible many illnesses have an effect on the heart.

The fact that we are calling positives based on a PCR test at 37 to 40 cycles is baffling. Now they call them detected vs undected rather than positive or negative. That's a direct effect of not knowing cycle number vs biological relevance even though policy is driven by number of positive or detected cases. HUGE PROBLEM. Should be criminal and investigated but i don't think most understand the significance of that.

I've known 3 families that have had it. In 1, the Male was hospitalized and recovered; the female had very minor symptoms. In the second family, four had virtually no symptoms and the dad had to have a lung transplant. In the third family, 2 were hospitalized and recovered; 3 had no symptoms; 1 died.

All were predictable based on medical history. It is damn near criminal that we aren't using epidemiological data and science to navigate our response to the virus. That and calling 37 or 40 cycles positive (now detected) needs to be brought before Congress.
Thanks for the rational input. Two coworkers got it and only reason they were tested is because the dude thought his allergies were acting up so they tested him. Another said his whole family “got it” back in Texas and they were all fine.

Even if covid was 4 times more deadly than the flu, it’s not something to shut the whole country down for and cancel everything leaving millions unemployed and destroying their livelihoods. We’re not stacking up dead people that were previously heathy. We’ve been living with viruses forever. Play ball.

And to knee surgery boy, go f-word yourself
W-Y, Until I Die!