T-Minus 6 days to the Missouri Game!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Who's going? I got 4 season tickets this year. Looking forward to it! I hate that fall is around the corner, but goddamn its time for some football!

I think this game is close +/- 7 points either way. What do you think?
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

We are 18 point dogs according to the betting lines. I would be happy if we kept it within 2 td's.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:42 pm Who's going? I got 4 season tickets this year. Looking forward to it! I hate that fall is around the corner, but goddamn its time for some football!

I think this game is close +/- 7 points either way. What do you think?
I think we will put up a good fight but Missouri will run away with it in the 4th quarter. Missouri 35 - Wyoming 23 .
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Repeat of Nebraska 2016 or Washington State last year. Close until one or two mistakes blow the game open.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Game week! Finally!

Wyoming finally pulls one out vs a "Poo 5" team. Wyoming 28 Missouri 24.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

The last time we actually beat a P5 (or BCS) school was in 2008 at Tennessee, 13-7, to ruin the Vols' Homecoming. LOL
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

I have zero idea what to expect out of this team. I wouldn't be stunned if we won. I wouldn't be shocked if we lose by 20. I think this game will be very telling about how the season will play out.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:50 pm I have zero idea what to expect out of this team. I wouldn't be stunned if we won. I wouldn't be shocked if we lose by 20. I think this game will be very telling about how the season will play out.
I hate admitting this but...I agree.

I just hope we don't get slaughtered.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyokie wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:12 pmI just hope we don't get slaughtered.
My main hope is that we escape without key injuries. As much as I'd love a statement win, losing key players week one could doom the rest of the season.

Maybe I care too much whether we beat the sheep or not.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I hate reading all the damn hype - it gets me excited and then I start doubting myself. Here is what I do know:

We got chambers back - I hope he can throw better now - but he really opened up the run last year.
We got some strength in the o-line this year - and what I think will be a pretty solid offense.

Defensively - we have a new coordinator - but he comes out of the North Dakota State School of Bohl - which Hazelton did too. So I think he will take it seriously, and he probably has been laying in the shadows ready to go.

We lost quite a bit of our d-line last year - but I think the guys behind them are ready to fill in. Unfortunately, they are starting for the first time, got all the damn nerves behind it. They will make mistakes. They will be tough by the end of the season though.

Atrophy of players has really hurt us! I expect we will have a winning season this year. I hope we go much further than that.

Overall, I think we will do pretty decent this year.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Outmatched, overplayed, but it'll be close in 1st half, all depends how jacked and into it our boys are, would love to see it like 2007 when we beat Virginia on opening day, but they are too deep for us, Sorry, Mizzou 31 UW 16, sure would love to be wrong
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

I was thinking about it...

Then I went and f-word up my ankle again. I hate my legs.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I'm gonna say mizzou 35, wyo 14.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Missouri 49 Wyoming 17. I see it close at half like 14-10, but Vigen will not adjust and the D will get worn down. Just like Iowa, Washington State, Missouri last year or any P5 team we have played where Vigen poop his pants and calls conservative, but will pull out a reverse pass against AF with the game in hand to get Josh Allen hurt.
If Wyoming can at least cover the spread (+18) I would have better hope for the season. I remember when Wyoming could beat Top-25 (even as a 2-10 team) and P5 teams. Sad I have to hope for a two TD cover at this point in Bohl's tenure.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

It's not realistic to think we can compete with a better than average P5 team. I was listening to Altitude the other day and the 2 broadcasters were talking about the CU-csewe game. The tv contract with the Pac 12 amounts to 20 million dollars per team/year. The MWC tv contract is roughly 2 million per team/year. Missouri has a far bigger stadium and they fill it. It's possible to catch lightning in a bottle, I guess. But we are a pretty small school by D1 standards, even in the MWC. I don't grade Bohl by his results in games like this, but in the conference we play.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 pm The last time we actually beat a P5 (or BCS) school was in 2008 at Tennessee, 13-7, to ruin the Vols' Homecoming. LOL
This is a horrible sad fact. It has been 11 years since we beat any P5 team.

However, this fact goes partially to scheduling. The P5 teams we have played: Texas (multiple), Nebraska (multiple), Michigan State, Iowa, Oregon (multiple), Missouri, Washington State (multiple) and Colorado (2009).

...how can we not ever schedule Kansas, Kansas State, Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon State, Baylor, Texas Tech, etc...? We have Utah coming up which is a good team to schedule but I'd like to see us play those other regional P5 teams even if it is one and done.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 am
Wyokie wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:19 pm The last time we actually beat a P5 (or BCS) school was in 2008 at Tennessee, 13-7, to ruin the Vols' Homecoming. LOL

However, this fact goes partially to scheduling. The P5 teams we have played: Texas (multiple), Nebraska (multiple), Michigan State, Iowa, Oregon (multiple), Missouri, Washington State (multiple) and Colorado (2009).

...how can we not ever schedule Kansas, Kansas State, Arizona, Arizona State, Oregon State, Baylor, Texas Tech, etc...? We have Utah coming up which is a good team to schedule but I'd like to see us play those other regional P5 teams even if it is one and done.
Actually I just looked at upcoming schedules and we have games with at Arizona State, Texas Tech (home and home), Utah (home and home), at Illinois and the outlier at Clemson. So I do think the scheduling is starting to make more sense.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Will go to Lubbock next year and the fun trek to Clemson as well
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

Other than 1 year with a lot of talent, the offense has struggled. Vigen will try to grind it out to keep it close but I think that'll be a challenge against a decent SEC defense. 3 and outs nullify the benefit of that approach.

I'm not sure on our depth/quality on D this early in the season, but I think Mizzou gets their points.

I'm guessing Mizzou is ballpark of 34 and POKES ballpark of 13.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:51 am

Well, the Fluffs refuse to come North to play us (last time was before the War was built). Hell, they're not even going to play in Denver after this year against the sheep. So yeah. Some teams simply refuse to play us.