Granderson in trouble

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 5760
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm
Location: Gillette, WY

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by stymeman » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 pm

The power of trying to get the P, smh

Wyoklaelk
Buckaroo
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by Wyoklaelk » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:05 pm

New article in tribune....

Talks about facts of the case from foia request

Today, the need to be verbal is dire

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... 82e2a.html

User avatar
phxpoke
Cowpoke
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: The Valley of The Sun

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by phxpoke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:47 pm

I just read the article in the trib. My question is what the hell were all three of them doing in the same bed anyway?

poke_addict
Cowpoke
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:13 pm
Location: Wyoming

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by poke_addict » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:55 pm

phxpoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:47 pm
I just read the article in the trib. My question is what the hell were all three of them doing in the same bed anyway?
Honestly I'm not saying this just because its Carl but it really looks as if these girls were trying to set him up. The whole text thing screams premeditated to me. That and what the hell else is a 22 year old man going to think when 2 girls come to stay the night?

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by bladerunnr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm

If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.

OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3362
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by OrediggerPoke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm

bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm
If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.
You have to be kidding me! Who knows the relationship between Granderson and the girls but you are saying that sleeping in the same bed as someone is automatically an invitation to be groped? Thats F******* ridiculous!

I can think of multiple times during college (and some thereafter) where I ended up sleeping in the same bed as some female that I wasn't in any sort of relationship with because the person(s) was merely being responsible and didn't want to drive home drunk and didn't want to sleep on the floor either. That didn't give any rights to grope the other person.

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by bladerunnr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 pm

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm
If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.
You have to be kidding me! Who knows the relationship between Granderson and the girls but you are saying that sleeping in the same bed as someone is automatically an invitation to be groped? Thats F******* ridiculous!

I can think of multiple times during college (and some thereafter) where I ended up sleeping in the same bed as some female that I wasn't in any sort of relationship with because the person(s) was merely being responsible and didn't want to drive home drunk and didn't want to sleep on the floor either. That didn't give any rights to grope the other person.
Another poster who really has no clue. Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you, (a college age female) sleeps in the same bed as a college age male, there's a very good chance his hands may wander during the night. What a surprise! It may have been an accident. What people do while they are unconscious or semi conscious is hardly predictable. What if one of them groped him? Do you think he would have pressed charges? Unlikely. Incredible waste of taxpayer money.

User avatar
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by Asmodeanreborn » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 pm

bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm
If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.
You have to be kidding me! Who knows the relationship between Granderson and the girls but you are saying that sleeping in the same bed as someone is automatically an invitation to be groped? Thats F******* ridiculous!

I can think of multiple times during college (and some thereafter) where I ended up sleeping in the same bed as some female that I wasn't in any sort of relationship with because the person(s) was merely being responsible and didn't want to drive home drunk and didn't want to sleep on the floor either. That didn't give any rights to grope the other person.
Another poster who really has no clue. Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you, (a college age female) sleeps in the same bed as a college age male, there's a very good chance his hands may wander during the night. What a surprise! It may have been an accident. What people do while they are unconscious or semi conscious is hardly predictable. What if one of them groped him? Do you think he would have pressed charges? Unlikely. Incredible waste of taxpayer money.
Wait - you're saying the person has no clue because wandering hands happen? The described situation in that article is not an accident.

If you were ever in a similar situation with a bunch of dudes and one of them happened to have a thing for dicks, you'd be cool with getting groped throughout the night? Have you ever been in tight quarters camping and sleeping in sleeping bags? Were your hands randomly groping everybody around you?

Seriously, avoiding sexual assault and rape is not difficult. I can't believe people are trying to defend this shit!

OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3362
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by OrediggerPoke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 pm

bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm
If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.
You have to be kidding me! Who knows the relationship between Granderson and the girls but you are saying that sleeping in the same bed as someone is automatically an invitation to be groped? Thats F******* ridiculous!

I can think of multiple times during college (and some thereafter) where I ended up sleeping in the same bed as some female that I wasn't in any sort of relationship with because the person(s) was merely being responsible and didn't want to drive home drunk and didn't want to sleep on the floor either. That didn't give any rights to grope the other person.
Another poster who really has no clue. Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you, (a college age female) sleeps in the same bed as a college age male, there's a very good chance his hands may wander during the night. What a surprise! It may have been an accident. What people do while they are unconscious or semi conscious is hardly predictable. What if one of them groped him? Do you think he would have pressed charges? Unlikely. Incredible waste of taxpayer money.
Unbelievable that this belief exists. I’ll leave it at that.

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by bladerunnr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:58 pm

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm
If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.
You have to be kidding me! Who knows the relationship between Granderson and the girls but you are saying that sleeping in the same bed as someone is automatically an invitation to be groped? Thats F******* ridiculous!

I can think of multiple times during college (and some thereafter) where I ended up sleeping in the same bed as some female that I wasn't in any sort of relationship with because the person(s) was merely being responsible and didn't want to drive home drunk and didn't want to sleep on the floor either. That didn't give any rights to grope the other person.
Another poster who really has no clue. Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you, (a college age female) sleeps in the same bed as a college age male, there's a very good chance his hands may wander during the night. What a surprise! It may have been an accident. What people do while they are unconscious or semi conscious is hardly predictable. What if one of them groped him? Do you think he would have pressed charges? Unlikely. Incredible waste of taxpayer money.
Wait - you're saying the person has no clue because wandering hands happen? The described situation in that article is not an accident.

If you were ever in a similar situation with a bunch of dudes and one of them happened to have a thing for dicks, you'd be cool with getting groped throughout the night? Have you ever been in tight quarters camping and sleeping in sleeping bags? Were your hands randomly groping everybody around you?

Seriously, avoiding sexual assault and rape is not difficult. I can't believe people are trying to defend this shit!
If you want to put it in those terms, I wouldn't get into bed with a guy who I knew was gay. I'm not saying he's blameless (if it's true). But for a female to sleep in the same bed as a hetereosexual male is just asking for trouble. From a legal standpoint, where's the proof? The other female apparently didn't know what happened. There's no physical evidence. Are you one of those who believe every female accusation? How progressive of you!

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6223
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by LanderPoke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 pm

phxpoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:47 pm
I just read the article in the trib. My question is what the hell were all three of them doing in the same bed anyway?
Women put themselves into such situations and then cry foul when something happens. Something sounds fishy.

User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6223
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by LanderPoke » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:05 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:15 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:23 pm
bladerunnr wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:05 pm
If that's all he did, the charges are ridiculous. Here's a thought: Hey girls, if you don't want to get groped, don't sleep in the same bed as a male.
You have to be kidding me! Who knows the relationship between Granderson and the girls but you are saying that sleeping in the same bed as someone is automatically an invitation to be groped? Thats F******* ridiculous!

I can think of multiple times during college (and some thereafter) where I ended up sleeping in the same bed as some female that I wasn't in any sort of relationship with because the person(s) was merely being responsible and didn't want to drive home drunk and didn't want to sleep on the floor either. That didn't give any rights to grope the other person.
Another poster who really has no clue. Yes, that's what I'm saying. If you, (a college age female) sleeps in the same bed as a college age male, there's a very good chance his hands may wander during the night. What a surprise! It may have been an accident. What people do while they are unconscious or semi conscious is hardly predictable. What if one of them groped him? Do you think he would have pressed charges? Unlikely. Incredible waste of taxpayer money.
Wait - you're saying the person has no clue because wandering hands happen? The described situation in that article is not an accident.

If you were ever in a similar situation with a bunch of dudes and one of them happened to have a thing for dicks, you'd be cool with getting groped throughout the night? Have you ever been in tight quarters camping and sleeping in sleeping bags? Were your hands randomly groping everybody around you?

Seriously, avoiding sexual assault and rape is not difficult. I can't believe people are trying to defend this shit!
It's not hard to not fall asleep in a bed with someone you don't want to. just saying

bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1280
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by bladerunnr » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:54 pm

So I went back and reread the story. I see that he allegedly touched both women. I still believe the women showed very poor judgement in sleeping in the same bed with him. But I would agree that his behavior was inappropriate at best.

User avatar
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by Asmodeanreborn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:36 am

LanderPoke wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:52 pm
It's not hard to not fall asleep in a bed with someone you don't want to. just saying
I don't know - that was pretty standard whenever we had been partying and there wasn't a designated driver.

Not to mention, if you're hopeful somebody's interested, jamming your hand down her underwear wasn't the way anybody I know actually went. It usually started with an attempted kiss or something, and that usually after talking. Not sneakily after they fell asleep.

User avatar
'PokeForLife
Ranch Hand
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by 'PokeForLife » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 am

Nobody wants to accept consequences for their actions these days, on either side. Should he have groped her? No. Should they have gotten into bed with him? No.
I'm not trying to take responsibility away from Granderson, just saying that all parties have at least some accountability here.

User avatar
phxpoke
Cowpoke
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: The Valley of The Sun

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by phxpoke » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:06 am

'PokeForLife wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:47 am
Nobody wants to accept consequences for their actions these days, on either side. Should he have groped her? No. Should they have gotten into bed with him? No.
I'm not trying to take responsibility away from Granderson, just saying that all parties have at least some accountability here.
💯 agree!

User avatar
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1759
Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:58 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by calpoke25 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm

So if your daughter was sexually assaulted in some similar circumstance you would say “sorry honey, but you shouldn’t have dressed that way and gotten drunk and gone to that party and passed out in a college aged males bed. You had it coming. Let’s not ruin your assaulters life because you made a bad choice.” GTFOH with that.

I don’t know what Carl’s case is, let him have his due process. But poor judgement is not a crime. Sexual assault is. You cannot equate the two. You cannot say we reduce the punishment of the criminal because the victim made a poor choice and put themselves in a vulnerable position.

If I walk down the street with a million dollars cash in my hand and I get robbed you can’t let the robber off because it’s “understandable” and I made a poor choice. That’s not how this works.

OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3362
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by OrediggerPoke » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:52 pm

calpoke25 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm
So if your daughter was sexually assaulted in some similar circumstance you would say “sorry honey, but you shouldn’t have dressed that way and gotten drunk and gone to that party and passed out in a college aged males bed. You had it coming. Let’s not ruin your assaulters life because you made a bad choice.” GTFOH with that.

I don’t know what Carl’s case is, let him have his due process. But poor judgement is not a crime. Sexual assault is. You cannot equate the two. You cannot say w me reduce the punishment of the criminal because the victim made a poor choice and put themselves in a vulnerable position.

If I walk down the street with a million dollars cash in my hand and I get robbed you can’t let the robber off because it’s “understandable” and I made a poor choice. That’s not how this works.
Very well stated! +1

User avatar
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 6110
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:16 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by Asmodeanreborn » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:11 pm

calpoke25 wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:45 pm
If I walk down the street with a million dollars cash in my hand and I get robbed you can’t let the robber off because it’s “understandable” and I made a poor choice. That’s not how this works.
Why even make it that extreme? How about walking down the street with your iPhone X?

User avatar
'PokeForLife
Ranch Hand
Posts: 294
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Re: Granderson in trouble

Post by 'PokeForLife » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:03 pm

I certainly would tell my daughter that she made a bad decision. Just like my parents told me when I made bad decisions. And didn't your parents tell you that carrying large sums of cash was a bad idea? If not, I feel sorry that your parents didn't feel it in your best interest to impart a little wisdom. What I would not tell my daughter is to drop all charges because that idiot guy who violated her is not responsible for his decisions. Nowhere in my comment did I suggest that.

I think that people need to realize that there are real consequences to every decision that is made, whether those consequences are written in the penal code or not. Now forever more, that girl will have been one of the 1 in 3 women in our country who have been sexually assaulted and will have whatever psychological sequelae that come from it -- things that could have been avoided if she didn't get wasted and lay in a bed with a guy whose inhibitions were dulled by copious amounts of alcohol, because at that point that guy does not care, and all he's thinking about is the filth porn that teaches guys that having two girls in bed is the holy grail of life accomplishments.

He made his decision, which was bad/wicked/evil. She made her decision, which wasn't necessarily wicked/evil, but nevertheless was bad. I hope that I can protect my daughters a little bit by teaching them that even though it may be unfair, there are consequences to every decision. In the end though, it is up to them to make and learn from their own decisions.

Post Reply