WyoNation Defensive Player of the Year: LB Logan Wilson
What can you say about Logan Wilson that hasn’t already be said? One can say he is the baddest man in the Mountain West. Who is homegrown from Natrona County and now is being recognized as one of the best linebackers in the country. Wilson was everywhere all season and rarely made a mistake racking up over 100 total tackles for the third season in a row. Here is a list of just some of his accomplishments in his senior season:
- Named First Team All-Mountain West
- One of six national finalists for the 2019 Butkus Award, and is the
only finalist from a non-autonomous five conference team.
- *Wilson ranks No. 3 in the Mountain West and No. 23 in the nation in total
interceptions, with four.
- *Ranks No. 6 in the MW and No. 51 in the nation in total tackles, averaging
8.2 per game (98 total tackles).
- *Wilson ranks No. 8 in the MW in passes defended, with 11 (4 interceptions
and 7 pass breakups).
- Named the Reese’s Senior Bowl Senior of the Week for his performance vs. Boise State, with 10 tackles, 1 interception and 1.0 sack.
The results of the vote were as follows from WyoNation staff:
- LB Logan Wilson
- S Alijah Halliburton
- DL Soloman Byrd
In almost any year or with any other team in the country Alijah Halliburton would have won the award. That tells you just how good Logan Wilson was this season. Do you agree with our DPOY vote? Have your say in the comments here or track us down on Twitter or Facebook and let us know.
Later in the week we will dish out the Wyonation offensive Player of the year award so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that.