You can now start planning for Saturday’s this fall because the Wyoming Cowboys 2018 football schedule is all set. Wyoming Athletics in conjunction with the Mountain West Conference revealed the schedule at 1pm this afternoon which is sure to get the state of Wyoming talking. The schedule can be seen below after a few notes and thoughts.
- Wyoming will open the 2018 season with a rare ‘Week Zero’ game in Las Cruces, New Mexico versus the New Mexico State Aggies on Saturday August 25th.
- The first five games of the season could be a challenge for the Pokes as they play two Power 5 foes (Wazzou and Mizzou) along with a home conference opener versus Boise State.
- The Cowboys will make their first visit to Sonny Lubick Field at Colorado State Stadium for another edition of the Border War on October 27th.
- Wyoming closes the season against Air Force at home and New Mexico on the road facing two schools who run the option. That should make the defensive coaches happy to have these games in back to back weeks.
- The schedule features 12 games with 6 at home at War Memorial Stadium and 6 on the road.
Date Opponent (Special Events)
Sat., Aug. 25 at New Mexico State
Sat., Sept. 1 WASHINGTON STATE (Hall of Fame/Gold Rush)
Sat., Sept. 8 at Missouri
Sat., Sept. 15 WOFFORD (Energy Day/Ag Day/Fan Fest/Buddy Walk)
Sat., Sept. 22 BYE Week
Sat., Sept. 29 BOISE STATE* (CJC Auction-Friday/Family Weekend)
Sat., Oct. 6 at Hawai’i*
Sat., Oct. 13 at Fresno State*
Sat., Oct. 20 UTAH STATE* (Homecoming/W-Club Weekend)
Sat., Oct. 27 at Colorado State*
Sat., Nov. 3 SAN JOSE STATE* (“NO MORE” Game)
Sat., Nov. 10 BYE Week
Sat., Nov. 17 AIR FORCE* (Military Appreciation/Senior Day)
Sat., Nov. 24 at New Mexico*
Sat., Dec. 1 Mountain West Championship Game+