We ask the question

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PokePride.com
Cowpoke

Should he stay or should he go?

http://www.pokepride.com/1/post/2013/11 ... he-go.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

If he gets to a bowl this season, keep him on for 2014. If he doesn't win 9+ or the MWC title he needs to be fired.
If no bowl game this year, fire him.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Rather not go to a Bowl and get lam-blasted by some mediocre team.
DocHolliday
Cowpoke

The program is shattered, they're in need of a new direction, new voice, new game plan.

Gone.
uwaluminidaho
Buckaroo

I think that Coach C should go. I think I said that last year and I probably said the same thing about Burman as well. I try not to get overly optimistic about most things, including UW sports. However, I would be optimistic about our football program if we had new Head Coach and a well paid staff. Like a Beau Baldwin of EWU for example.
If we had a new coach for this season, and the record was as it is now, most of us would still be optimistic that this is a first year Couch and Staff getting their own scheme installed, playing with DC’s recruits, etc.. And, I think each of us would still be somewhat optimistic that the status program, by any measure, will improve. As it is now, I have no optimism for next year’s team at all. I am just not excited about the ‘unknown’ recruits that may or may not come to Laramie. I now expect more of the same.
Next July, when I get my Lindy’s Mtn West season preview, it will practically be a reprint of this year’s edition, except the upgrades noted in the programs of NM, CSU and UNLV.
I went in for a performance review a few years ago, and my boss at the time gave me several above average grades along with a couple of demerits. I was just looking for a pay raise. He told me that above all else, that I had several glaring things wrong with me. That I didn’t accept the status quo, that I rocked the boat too often when the waters were calm. The clincher was, that whenever I had a mouth full of poop, it I spit it out!
Well, wouldn’t we all?
It is time to spit out the current HC and AD at UW.
Go Pokes, down a different road.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 119 times

Word on the street is that Chirstensen is tired of being a head coach and will look to part ways with UW after this season. I have nothing to back this up, just a "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" situation, but the first "friend" is allegedly inside the athletic department.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

WYO1016 wrote:Word on the street is that Chirstensen is tired of being a head coach
Well I guess that makes it unanimous then since everbody else feels the same way.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 323 times
Been liked: 127 times

WYO1016 wrote:Word on the street is that Chirstensen is tired of being a head coach and will look to part ways with UW after this season. I have nothing to back this up, just a "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" situation, but the first "friend" is allegedly inside the athletic department.
Heard something similar. Not exactly that ^ but it was more "pressure" related. Makes me chuckle honestly...

DC rolls into Laramie guns blazing, talking all kinds of poop about "my way this and my way that," treats his staff like poop, makes several public statements about "we aren't here to make friends we are here to win games", acts like the god of Wyoming & college football, has player issues - with higher player attrition at UW than maybe ever.

:orly:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:Word on the street is that Chirstensen is tired of being a head coach and will look to part ways with UW after this season. I have nothing to back this up, just a "heard it from a friend who heard it from a friend" situation, but the first "friend" is allegedly inside the athletic department.
Heard something similar. Not exactly that ^ but it was more "pressure" related. Makes me chuckle honestly...

DC rolls into Laramie guns blazing, talking all kinds of poop about "my way this and my way that," treats his staff like poop, makes several public statements about "we aren't here to make friends we are here to win games", acts like the god of Wyoming & college football, has player issues - with higher player attrition at UW than maybe ever.

Oh, and he bent Burman over with no lube (with Houston in his back pocket). :rofl:
Dear Karma,

Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

GOOD RIDDANCE
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

McPeachy wrote:

Be interesting if he bailed at the end of the season. Might save us some money.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

HR_Poke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I question it to be honest...DC has too much pride (and too big of ego) to bail out on his own accord (unless it was NFL related of course).

My advise to DC:

That's pride f-word with you. f-word pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. - Marsellus Wallace
Dear Karma,

SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

He should go. This program/team is no better than it was at the end of the Joe Glenn era. He is the bizarro-Joe Glenn. Great offense (although recently, even that has not been the case) and horrid defense, which he cannot get fixed. He has no signature wins, beats up on the dregs of the schedule (although Cal-Poly and Texas State come to mind) and loses to the cream of the crop in the conference. The only good thing I could say about him was that he always beat (terrible) CSU teams. That's not the case this year. I say good riddance.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote:
HR_Poke wrote:
McPeachy wrote:

I question it to be honest...DC has too much pride (and too big of ego) to bail out on his own accord (unless it was NFL related of course).

My advise to DC:

That's pride f-word with you. f-word pride. Pride only hurts, it never helps. - Marsellus Wallace
Great quote! But...

It was Marcellus that wound up getting both cornholed and indebted to Butch in the end...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

one other question if DC leaves us, WHO do we get in his place???? I think it's the staff that really doesn't get D1 football, i think also that DC is a better OC, head coaching may not be his bag!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

stymeman wrote:one other question if DC leaves us, WHO do we get in his place???? I think it's the staff that really doesn't get D1 football, i think also that DC is a better OC, head coaching may not be his bag!
Odds are he will go be an OC at another BCS school, and then that offense will be really good for a couple seasons, then he will take another job. Maybe when he gets another head coaching job, he will have learned that he didn't have it all figured out his first time.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

DC stands for Dick Constant.
His arrogance is beyond belief. The guy is not worthy of being a Cowboy.
There are young Coaches that would like the chance to become a legend.
Fire Burman, and let the new AD begin the saga.
Both variables must be put into the formula and the outcome will work if well constructed.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.