Prediction Thursday (seriously)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

So what's everyone's true take on this weekends game against the Bulldogs,

I think everything points towards the mighty Bulldogs, with Derek Carr and crew as it probably should be, but watching their game last week against Nevada I didn't think their Defense was truly that spectacular.
They've had 2 1 point wins, and some have been closer than they probably wanted them to be:

I forsee yet another Offensive shootout between the 2 stud QB's and if we get a stop on D the cold mountain evening may get to the Bulldogs, but I can see it one of 2 ways

if we get stops...we pull it out and win with a star performace by Mr. Brett Smith and crew....35-21
if not it'll be closer.....with Fresno pulling it out barely 49-42
GO POKES make us proud and let's see a true Wyoming Cowboy Defense for a change!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

a lof of people have made predictions here

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9519
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

me too then just thought I'd re ask closer to the day, sorry
djm19
WyoNation Addict

Oh i see. I just didn't know if you had seen the other one and figured i would post it. carry on
mwc fan
Cowpoke

I really believe the Cowboys come out and play the complete game that has eluded them since week one. If the defense comes out fired up under the new DC Coach Cain and can get 3 to 4 stops then the pressure is on our Offense to score and score a lot. We have to force Fresno to bring eight into the box. That will leave huge lanes in the secondary which is Fresnos most glaring weakness. If they keep 6-7 in the box I think we run all over them. Much easier said then done, but this is a must win game. Fresno has been in close games and playing in Laramie in November isn't an easy task. Cowboys 42-38 over FSU.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Nice MWC fan, I think 42-38 as well.

I think that Wick, Smith, and Miller run for over 300 on them. Just hammering them all night.
Smith will get some nice throws in as well, but mostly be a ground game for the Pokes. (Plus Wick told me they are going to run it on them all game long ;) ...surely that didn't influence my prediction )
I think Carr will be good, but the cold will get to him or his WRs just enough in the long run. The new D schemes or cold or just a bad turnover by Fresno...something like that will help the Pokes late in the game.
Whether we hold Fresno off at the end of the game and don't let them score a go ahead TD, or if we stop them from going ahead 2 scores, then make a big game winning drive. Time for the Pokes to get some good luck.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

As I said earlier, I have a good feeling about this game for Wyoming. I think with the defensive coordinator change (if only providing momentum for one game), a late start in cold Laramie and a televised game, Wyoming comes out and wins this game. ESPN must think it's going to be a contest...they put it on their "College Pick Em" games this week. I have Wyoming winning by a couple in a high scoring shootout.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

I don't know what to think of this game. I think cowboys hang with Fresno into the fourth quarter. I think Fresno wins this by 10 points or less.

Unfortunately I don't see anything in our defense that makes me believe we can out score them.

I hope I'm wrong!
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I placed my bets this morning. I took Wyoming and the 10 points and bet the ranch on it. I actually think the Pokes win this one by 3. Wyoming 31 - FSU 28
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
djm19
WyoNation Addict

CowboyNV wrote:I placed my bets this morning. I took Wyoming and the 10 points and bet the ranch on it. I actually think the Pokes win this one by 3. Wyoming 31 - FSU 28
I hope it was your ranch dressing.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

My take is this: Big plays will most likely determine outcome. If the Poke secondary gets smoked on long passes like they did against CSU, the outcome will be determined early. Same goes if their QB doesn't get some heat. No Poke fumbles, interceptions, big plays against the D, then Pokes will be in a close one with a chance. Otherwise goodnight, sleep well.
Slow Hand
Cowpoke

I think this game will be a mirror image of the Nebraska game. The Pokes will hang around and have their chances to win it but will fall just a little short. Then all of the talk about "almost" will begin an speculation of what ifs will be abound! Final is a high scoring affair 47-40 Fresno.
hithere
Ranch Hand

CowboyNV wrote:I placed my bets this morning. I took Wyoming and the 10 points and bet the ranch on it. I actually think the Pokes win this one by 3. Wyoming 31 - FSU 28
Agreed. I backed off a little; I'm only putting a unit on the ML at +280. Might still bet a unit on the 1st half at +6.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Half
WYO-17
FSU- 3

FINAL

WYO-38
FSU-34
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Half
Wyo 21
FSU 24

Final
Wyo 56
FSU 52
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Ok I never make picks because I pick with my heart and not my brain, However I'll make a pick with my brain.

There are two outcomes to this game, It's snowy and cold and Wick has a monster game with the combined running and passing we win. The other outcome is it's a cold but clear night and the offense is firing on all cylinders and it's a shoot out until the buzzer.

I think this is the ice bowl for college football and Wick rushes for his best performance 283 yards. Wyoming overpowers Fresno State line and the 7220 devours another victim.
roozy
Ranch Hand

Depends on which Wyoming team shows up....

If 4-1 Wyoming team takes the field, then its a 3-14 point win for the Pokes.

If 0-3 Wyoming team takes the field, then its a 1-28 point loss.

How's that for a prediction???
Jesus First, then football
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

i'm stoked and ready
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

While I am hardly a sunshine pumper, I feel the Pokes win this one. Echoing what many have already stated, FSU has had a fairly easy schedule with the MWC certainly having a down year. It would have been interesting if their game vs. Colorado wasn't cancelled. Not that Colorado is a good team, only that they play in a good conference and would have given us another data point. Beating Boise any time over the past decade is an accomplishment, but other than that, they have had a bunch of close games, some sort of lucky. FSU is a good team, but I don't feel they are a team deserving of a national ranking. After this weekend, they lose their ranking when they lose this game.

I feel the Pokes win for these reasons. History has not been good to FSU in Laramire, with the game being later, the added temperature drop combined with the already higher attitude, it's all a bonus. This will be as much psychological as physical to their players. They have been thinking about this all week. It's 77 degrees and sunny in Fresno today. Welcome to Laramie boys! Our defense has not performed very well and has not taken many chances. Well, this is the time they can do it. Cain has nothing to lose. I can't imagine that he's going to throw out the same ineffective style we have been seeing all year. It should be balls to the wall blitzing, pressure and whatever else he can think of. I feel that any film that FSU has been watching can be thrown out the window. Our defense has to be different this Saturday. Our offense has performed well for most of the season. I hope that with our recent ability to run the ball, that maybe we try and do this and not get into a shoot out. Let's keep the ball out of their hands and pound them on the ground. Keep the hurry up offense, but run first, throw second. We're also usually pretty good in the turn-over department. With their guys using unfamiliar frozen hands trying to hold onto or catch rock shaped footballs, I imagine we might get a few to pop out.

I could be wrong and our leader might come out and try and win a shoot-out, let the defense stay the course, and, as normal, totally crash and burn during halftime. If we lose this game, I don't think that it guarantees that HCDC gets fired, but if we win it, I think it saves him, he knows that.

final score:

Wyo 24
FSU 17
djm19
WyoNation Addict

You had me until the score. With these defenses, the winner will be in the 40s I think.