Die Hard Cowboy Fans First Visit To Laramie

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
NewYorksCowboy
Buckaroo

Hey everyone, whats going on.

My name is John, and Im from New York. I have been a die hard cowboys fan since I turned 10 years old and saw the Cowboy Liscense plate. I have literally never met another Wyoming Fan, and have been passionately defending and cheering for our Pokes For 13 years now. Finally, I am making the trek to Laramie with a close friend for theBorder War, and I don't think Ive ever been more excited in my life, its like a dream come true.

Problem is, we literally no nothing about the City of Laramie, where to Tailgaite, Where to sit, where to go Out. We are literally clueless, and Im looking for some information, to make this the greatest weekend of my life!

Anything is appreciated, but Id be especially grateful knowing where to sit and Tailgate to get that full Cowboy Experience.

Thanks a lot all, and GO COWBOYS!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Tailgate Park is a place right next to the stadium free to enter, you can buy locally made drinks, food, and with music to entertain. And tickets will have your seat section, row, and number with plenty of people to ask where you can find your seat at. Also plenty of people will gladly welcome others to their tailgate and offer you a beer.

For food, there are quite a few different places, it just depends on your preferences.
If you like Mexican food, Corona Village has 2 locations. One is on grand avenue coming into town across from McDonald's and not far from the stadium, the other is a little off of 3rd street heading South. Both have great food cooked right there. Only real difference is that the one on 3rd is a sit down place and the one on grand, you can sit there, but you can also get it to go.

If you like Italian, Luciano's (on Grand, just a little past Wal-Mart) I've heard is really good.

If you want something in Down town Laramie (3rd street on back, just head down Grand and you'll be there) Altitude's is a great place to go for a general resturaunt with a class feek to it.

I'm sure others on here will throw out their suggestions as well.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 46 times

Welcome to the board, NewYorksCowboy.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

welcome aboard my eastern friend. You will meet more bipolar fans here than anywhere. I am one. Go from drinking the kool aid to complete depression....within quarters...
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

You got to check out the campus if you're a total first timer.
Parking sucks here on campus.
But if you can find a spot to park, go and check out the campus, and go into the union and go to the bookstore and buy some Pokes gear!
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Some friends and I are renting a party bus to take us up from Denver for the game; It's going to be badass. We for sure are going to check out the new location for the library brewing company. I agree on Altitude and Corona Village, don't know anything about lucianos. For sure hit up campus. Have a beer in the student union. Hell yes our student union serves beer. Get some gear. if you have time head west into the mountains, get away from it all. Welcome! I had several east coast friends at UW, they're all westerners now.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Before the game check out some of the surrounding mountains and wilderness areas (if you have time).Also, hit up a drive through liquor store before the tailgate (something unique about wyo culture). I believe you can still bring your own booze into tail gate park. One of the best parts about Laramie is that it is a true college town. Well over half the population is associated with the university. Head to Laramie's (small) downtown for drinking and food after the game. The buck horn bar is a must on game day ( unique interior design& opens at early). Plenty of bars and eateries all in walking distances of one another in downtown Laramie. Almost all the bars are dive style and a real college party environment. Decent sushi, American, & Mexican food all in downtown.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

i would eat at the library, they just moved into a great new building, if you want night life check out the cowboy, buckhorn and 3rd street bar, maybe love joys. As for gameday, tailgate park is a pretty nice little set up and like beaver said, check out the campus, go to the book store. It is open til 530 on friday i believe and opens again at 10 on saturdays, Brown n Gold outlet on grand is another great place to get some "swag"
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

gopokes1399 wrote:i would eat at the library, they just moved into a great new building, if you want night life check out the cowboy, buckhorn and 3rd street bar, maybe love joys. As for gameday, tailgate park is a pretty nice little set up and like beaver said, check out the campus, go to the book store. It is open til 530 on friday i believe and opens again at 10 on saturdays, Brown n Gold outlet on grand is another great place to get some "swag"
I thought the place was quite different (naturally), and somewhat uncomfortable and barn-like to be honest...and no beer is being brewed there yet, which was disappointing. The sporadic beer-logo signs for décor made me LOL. A classy joint, classed down.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

welcome once you come out you'll probably never want to go back...lol...you won't believe how nice we Pokes fans are!!!
have a great time in Big Wonderful Wyoming!
NewYorksCowboy
Buckaroo

Hey all,

Thanks so much for all the Great Information, We just got our tickets, in section 21 supposedly its near the Student Section? Sounds like its gonna be a hell of a time! Really looking forward to it, and hanging with the best fans in the world!!!

CANT WAIT!

GO POKES!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

NewYorksCowboy wrote:Hey all,

Thanks so much for all the Great Information, We just got our tickets, in section 21 supposedly its near the Student Section? Sounds like its gonna be a hell of a time! Really looking forward to it, and hanging with the best fans in the world!!!

CANT WAIT!

GO POKES!
Right above the student section. It'll be in the East stands on the North side.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

They never check tickets though, so you could be able to sit where you wanted.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
UfuknDub
Ranch Hand

5 must stops to get a Wyoming Cowboys taste:

1. Brown N Gold Outlet
2. The Buckhorn Bar
3. Altitude Steakhouse/Brewery
4. Campus/Student Union
5. The Library pre game (not a real library, don't show up to Coe)
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

UfuknDub wrote:5 must stops to get a Wyoming Cowboys taste:

1. Brown N Gold Outlet
2. The Buckhorn Bar
3. Altitude Steakhouse/Brewery
4. Campus/Student Union
5. The Library pre game (not a real library, don't show up to Coe)
Perfect.
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

Hope you had a great time pardner
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

WyoAlum1987 wrote:Hope you had a great time pardner
He's coming for the Border War
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I would suggest a stop at grand ave pizza.....but you're from new york, so that experience may fall flat
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
tttgowyo
Ranch Hand

That is a cool story. Hope you have a great time. I have converted a few people in Kentucky where I live to Pokes fans. They love our logo and that helped get them started. Lol

GO POKES!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 114 times

Looks like Gags is picking up a story on this, too. Swing by the wyonation tailgate if you get a chance, NewYorksCowboy. It will give you a chance to put some faces to the names on this board.

http://wyomingcowboysblog.com/2013/10/1 ... order-war/