Calling all Bears fans

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 45 times

it's been a game long in the making, haven't played them since 1949 if I read that right....wow. it's a regional thing, let's see if we can't draw a few fans on their following to see if they can come on here and start a little banter...lol
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 126 times

stymeman wrote:it's been a game long in the making, haven't played them since 1949 if I read that right....wow. it's a regional thing, let's see if we can't draw a few fans on their following to see if they can come on here and start a little banter...lol
I bet they have 50 show. Yes, they travel better than CSewe. :rofl:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WyoAlum1987
Ranch Hand

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumb: Thats funny right there
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I went and checked their forum just to see what they posted (been doing that with Nebraska and Idaho as well), and before the season started, they were cautiosly optimistic (due to last year's performance against Cal Poly, mainly). After the Nebraska game, yeah, it got kind of depressing over there.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

There is really only about a dozen UNC football fans, parents mostly.

:popcorn:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 245 times

I would imagine that losing to CSU-Pueblo at home has deflated UNC fans' expectations. I don't expect too many UNC fans at the game. They certainly aren't in the mood to travel to our message board.
BigSkyBears
Buckaroo

OrediggerPoke wrote:I would imagine that losing to CSU-Pueblo at home has deflated UNC fans' expectations. I don't expect too many UNC fans at the game. They certainly aren't in the mood to travel to our message board.
This is true. I had everything planned out. Was going to go with a bunch of alumni, tailgate, etc. However after losing to a RMAC team I decided to save my money and watch it online (is this going to be streamed?). I'm not a fair-weather fan but after 9 losing seasons and losing to the likes of Lindenwood and CSU-P, it takes the wind out of the sail. I'll always be a UNC Bear but I won't spend $80 to lose to a solid MW team.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

BigSkyBears wrote:
OrediggerPoke wrote:I would imagine that losing to CSU-Pueblo at home has deflated UNC fans' expectations. I don't expect too many UNC fans at the game. They certainly aren't in the mood to travel to our message board.
This is true. I had everything planned out. Was going to go with a bunch of alumni, tailgate, etc. However after losing to a RMAC team I decided to save my money and watch it online (is this going to be streamed?). I'm not a fair-weather fan but after 9 losing seasons and losing to the likes of Lindenwood and CSU-P, it takes the wind out of the sail. I'll always be a UNC Bear but I won't spend $80 to lose to a solid MW team.
We'd welcome you all the same!!!!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

BigSkyBears wrote:
pretty sure the beer @ TGP is just as cold no matter how the game goes
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 117 times

BigSkyBears wrote:
You may want to rethink that. This is the only game this season for us that isn't televised, online or otherwise.
pokerupfront
Ranch Hand

WYO1016 wrote:
BigSkyBears wrote:
You may want to rethink that. This is the only game this season for us that isn't televised, online or otherwise.
Thank God!

:popcorn:
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

imo, it's good that not every game is on TV, kinda draws people in regionally and puts a few more butts in seats to "hopefully" see a good win, as I see total focus and a blowout in the Pokes favor, big time.
BigSkyBears
Buckaroo

WYO1016 wrote:
BigSkyBears wrote:
Not even on the MW website?
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 117 times

BigSkyBears wrote:
WYO1016 wrote:
BigSkyBears wrote:
Not even on the MW website?
Nope. Just check the MW, and there is no stream this weekend.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Maybe I am being naive, but are we sure UNC isn't going to surprise us in any way? These games scare me.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 39 times
Been liked: 48 times

djm19 wrote:Maybe I am being naive, but are we sure UNC isn't going to surprise us in any way? These games scare me.
+1

Remember Cal Poly last year!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

djm19 wrote:Maybe I am being naive, but are we sure UNC isn't going to surprise us in any way? These games scare me.
On paper, it should end up being a similar game to Idaho. But on paper, K-state, reigning Big 12 champ, was supposed to dominate NDSU. And we all know how that turned out.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 3 times

Although I have more confidence in our team this year, I refuse to say any game is a slam dunk. Even against Natrona High.
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

djm19 wrote:Although I have more confidence in our team this year, I refuse to say any game is a slam dunk. Even against Natrona High.
what about KW?
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

whyoh wrote:
djm19 wrote:Although I have more confidence in our team this year, I refuse to say any game is a slam dunk. Even against Natrona High.
what about KW?
How about LHS? :rofl:

:cry: