My "not so rediculous" coaching line-up

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

HC - Norm Chow

DC - Rocky Long
LB - Marty English
DL - Lance Robinson
DB - Eric Coleman / Brian Lee

OC - Ted Gilmore (AHC)
WR - Jovan Bouknight
OL - Casey Glenn
RB - Brian Applewhite
TE - Tom Kilpatrick

ST - Brian Lee / Tom Kilpatrick
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
brocksamson
Buckaroo

You really want to keep all those offensive coaches from our previously offensive staff? No thanks. What other credentials does Casey Glenn have other than the fact that the previous coaching staff at the U of Wyoming participated openly in neopotism and cronyism? Not a real big fan of Applewhite either. Can someone please teach our 'stud' running backs to not fumble?
All I know is, if he ain't back in 10 minutes, we calling Dominoes.
Snowman_55
Ranch Hand

McPeachy wrote:HC - Norm Chow

DC - Rocky Long
LB - Marty English
DL - Lance Robinson
DB - Eric Coleman / Brian Lee

OC - Ted Gilmore (AHC)
WR - Jovan Bouknight
OL - Casey Glenn
RB - Brian Applewhite
TE - Tom Kilpatrick

ST - Brian Lee / Tom Kilpatrick
I would have to say the pure $$$ amount it would take to put Chow, Long, and Gillmore on the same staff precludes this from being anything but rediculous. Not to mention why would Gillmore want an assistant job if there are team considering him for HC jobs. And why would we want Rocky Long after he told Joe Glenn that you can't get over the hump in Laramie.
Everyday I wake up and realize it's a great day because I am not a BYU or CSU fan! GO POKES!!!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 313 times
Been liked: 121 times

Honestly...not sure why Gillmore would be considered for any head coaching jobs (including UW)...as he has never been a coordinator. I love that he played at UW, and coached under Tiller for a stint or two, but you don't see the fry cook becoming the general manager these days.

Maybe Rocky was effing with Glenn on the comment, you know, head games amongst coaches. After all, NM did beat our ass this year 24 - 0. Lastly, by Rocky stepping down he knows he isn't going to make HC money at the DC level...and Gillmore isn't making millions at Knebraska either.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 34 times

I'm not too sold on Chow.. he's good, but old too. Sounds like an "all-star" lineup of sorts though.
ImageImageImageImage
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I was still living in Tennessee when Chow was O-cordinator for my Titans, talk about a guy who CANNOT communicate with this players and has NO personality. I would rather keep Joe Glenn than have Chow be our HC. As HC in college football you must have some personality and fire to be able to recruit. Chow has actually interviewed for quite a few HC jobs in college over the years but the AD's see what everyone else knows, BLAND dude.

I'm glad Fisher got rid of him when he did. He hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard at UCLA with his offense either... granted UCLA is in shambles.
I'm good for 3!