OT: Well, I just got thrown for a loop, sack, and fumble.

A forum for everything else not sports related. A place for fun and everything amusing.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Was just told that my mother's boyfriend asked her to marry him and she said yes. It's not going to be a signed and dotted one, as that would do more harm than good (due to Medicare/Medicaid things), but there will be a reception.
I like the guy well enough, but I've never actually had a father figure before. The closest were a couple of grandfathers and several uncles. Still in a bit of shock over it right now.
Fatpoke
Ranch Hand

Ask him to buy us beer or he can Chase off
zappinpoke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote:Was just told that my mother's boyfriend asked her to marry him and she said yes. It's not going to be a signed and dotted one, as that would do more harm than good (due to Medicare/Medicaid things), but there will be a reception.
I like the guy well enough, but I've never actually had a father figure before. The closest were a couple of grandfathers and several uncles. Still in a bit of shock over it right now.
Just be happy for your mom that she found someone to spend the rest of her life with. :thumb:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

zappinpoke wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:Was just told that my mother's boyfriend asked her to marry him and she said yes. It's not going to be a signed and dotted one, as that would do more harm than good (due to Medicare/Medicaid things), but there will be a reception.
Just be happy for your mom that she found someone to spend the rest of her life with. :thumb:
I am, but still, not something you hear everyday.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

As long as the reception doesn't interfere with the football season, all is good to go. Right? LOL!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

McPeachy wrote:As long as the reception doesn't interfere with the football season, all is good to go. Right? LOL!
My sister planned her wedding for Sept 17... same day as Montana/Eastern Washington.. the one time in Griz history the defending national champs come to town..... and I'm going to be in Worland for a wedding. GAHH!!!!
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

They're not planning on doing the reception or whatever until Spring.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I imagine that's a awkward for you. Uncharted territory usually is. I hope it works out for your mom. From my experiences, I can say you really won't know what this guy is like for 2-3 years. Things change after the honeymoon phase. Fortunately, its not like you'll see the guy every day regardless of what he's like.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote:I imagine that's a awkward for you. Uncharted territory usually is. I hope it works out for your mom. From my experiences, I can say you really won't know what this guy is like for 2-3 years. Things change after the honeymoon phase. Fortunately, its not like you'll see the guy every day regardless of what he's like.
Yeah, it is kind of awkward. Her last boyfriend she dated for 2 weeks back in the 90s. But he seems alright and seems to know quite a few people around town as well.