Derrious Gilmore

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

They are saying he is 5' 9" and 165#. That's probably in his high-heeled sneakers and soaking wet with his sweats on. You know how they like to exagerate physical stats.
bballfan
Buckaroo

I know the kid and he is more on the 5'10" side
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

bballfan wrote:I know the kid and he is more on the 5'10" side
What can you tell us about his game?

One thing I really liked from looking at his stats this year is that he shot a very high percentage from the arc(44%). That is one thing that really hampers our current small PG (Luster). I think Luster's struggles are why you may see some skepticism towards a little guard, but if they have to respect his perimeter shot, it exposes the opposing team to his speed and it sounds like Gilmore has that in spades.

Obviously he has nice assist numbers (over 6 per game) although it does look like Jones County plays a pretty high tempo. Still, seems like he could be a nice fit for what we need.

We really need someone that can step in right away and run the team.

Has he visited yet?
bballfan
Buckaroo

He actually visited and he is making a decision soon...I think it will be some type of formal announcement.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

bballfan wrote:He actually visited and he is making a decision soon...I think it will be some type of formal announcement.
Where are you hearing all of this?
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

kdwrightuwyo wrote:
bballfan wrote:He actually visited and he is making a decision soon...I think it will be some type of formal announcement.
He mentioned earlier in the thread that he knows the kid. Plus, jc intimated as much in his post a few days ago and his info is solid.
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

NowherePoke wrote:
kdwrightuwyo wrote:
He mentioned earlier in the thread that he knows the kid. Plus, jc intimated as much in his post a few days ago and his info is solid.
Ok...cause here is the only place that I've seen this information...and was just curious.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 111 times

Kevin Duffey is reporting on Twitter that BOTH Grabau and Gilmore have committed to Wyoming.

KevinDhoops Kevin Duffy
by rpgagliardi
JUCO Jones County 5'9" PG Derrious Gilmore has committed to Wyoming.The Baltimore native averaged 13 points, 6 assists, and 2 steals a game.

KevinDhoops Kevin Duffy
by rpgagliardi
Class of 2011 6'1 PG Riley Grabau from Boulder HS has committed to Wyoming.He joins Lekan Ajayi and Tyrone Marshall in Wyomings 2011 class.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This sounds like a good recruiting class. I'm guessing Grabau will be red shirted this coming season. Is Gibson still on the roster?
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
billings
Ranch Hand

WYCowboy wrote:This sounds like a good recruiting class. I'm guessing Grabau will be red shirted this coming season. Is Gibson still on the roster?
Million dollar question on Gibson
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

billings wrote:
WYCowboy wrote:This sounds like a good recruiting class. I'm guessing Grabau will be red shirted this coming season. Is Gibson still on the roster?
Million dollar question on Gibson
Someone needs to tell him to sh!t or get off the pot! I'd like to see him back...he could be a beast on the boards...but we've got some talent that we know that WANT to be on this team...so if he needs to make up his mind.