Boomerang interview - Scott Duncan

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

http://www.laramieboomerang.com/article ... 056692.txt

It's short (edited), but I am getting pumped over some of the things he said.

On retention of players:
“If you have one foot in and one foot out then you are going to jump out at the first sign of adversity. And I can promise you there will be some adversity. The people that chose not to put both feet in the boat, we wish them the best. And that’s probably the best for us because we have to have everybody in the boat."
On Recruiting:
“The four guys that we bring in, whoever they may be, they have to be good kids. They have to be people that understand Wyoming and want to play for the name on the front. That’s the first thing."

“We want to be sure that we get the right four guys, maybe the most important four guys that we will sign in terms of not making a mistake on their character, and not making a mistake on their passion for getting better as players.”
I'm pumped because it sounds like they are looking for more kids like Josh Davis and Brett McFall. Talented, but willing to go to war for the name on the front of jersey and for their teammates. Kids that are coachable, want to improve and most importantly - want to be Cowboys.
Cheywypoke
Ranch Hand

Hopes to announce some recruits in next 10 days of so. Sounds like the process is going well.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

Surprised that there is the Burman connection with Duncan quite honestly.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...