Football schedule is out!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 110 times

http://www.themwc.com/sports/m-footbl/m ... skeds.html

9/3 vs. Weber State @ 7:00 no tv
9/10 vs. Texas State @ 4:00 on the mtn.
9/17 @ Bowling Green time TBD tv TBD
9/24 vs. Nebraska @ 5:30 on Vs.
10/9 @ Utah State @ 6:00 tv TBD
10/15 vs. UNLV @ Noon on the mtn.
10/29 @ SDSU @ 8:00 on the mtn.
11/5 vs. TCU @ Noon on the mtn.
11/12 @ Air Force @ Noon on the mtn.
11/19 vs. New Mexico @ Noon on the mtn.
11/26 @ Boise State @ Noon on the mtn.
12/3 @ CSU @ Noon on the mtn.

All times Mountain Time
gopokes1399
Blog Team

3 night games at home! awesome 5 total
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

gopokes1399 wrote:3 night games at home! awesome 5 total
Personally, I like the night games in September. How do the fans that travel more than 2 hours to Laramie feel though?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
HuskerActuary
Buckaroo

I'm trying not to clutter your board too much, but I'm excited that the Nebraska game is at night (the second half, anyway). I know it will make for a great atmosphere and I'm sure your fans will love it. Definitely looking forward to it.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I have to travel from Billings or Dickinson and i love the night game gives me more time to get there and i just leave Sunday morning!
SLCPoke
Cowpoke

I remember back in like 97 when I was 11 going to my first CSU vs. Wyoming game( anyone remember Jay Stoner??!! pretty sure we lost because of that douche) and it was at NIGHT. It was on ESPN and it was a memory I'll never forget....anyone the point of my post...LETS PLAY CSU AT NIGHT EVERY YEAR!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

SLCPoke wrote:I remember back in like 97 when I was 11 going to my first CSU vs. Wyoming game( anyone remember Jay Stoner??!! pretty sure we lost because of that douche) and it was at NIGHT. It was on ESPN and it was a memory I'll never forget....anyone the point of my post...LETS PLAY CSU AT NIGHT EVERY YEAR!!!!
On December 2nd? The days can be cold enough, but nights with sub-zero winds and possible snowfall? If the game was in the first part of the season, sure. Otherwise, you won't have many people there.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

f-word CSewe
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

What also should be mentioned is every game besides Weber St. will be on TV and aside from Utah St./BG every other game will be HD. Awesome. I never thought I'd see the day where I get to watch Wyoming home games in HD from California.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I've been reading some of the schedules and predictions.
Scouts predicted that Wyoming will go 3-9 by beating Weber State, Texas State and New Mexico.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

alyssa wrote:I've been reading some of the schedules and predictions.
Scouts predicted that Wyoming will go 3-9 by beating Weber State, Texas State and New Mexico.
Considering our OL troubles, that's the most realistic assessment for the upcoming season. I would LOVE to be wrong but......
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Why the hell is everyone picking CSU ahead of us? They're in as bad a shape as we are, and we stomped the poop out of them last year..
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:Why the hell is everyone picking CSU ahead of us? They're in as bad a shape as we are, and we stomped the s##t out of them last year..
Probably because this year's game is in Fort Collins.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

we travel 3 hrs and absolutely love the night games early in the year. it gives us more time to tailgate and it just forces us to stay the night.

and i think the predictions are way off. with the way our schedule lays out i think a 5-1 start is very realistic. i still think an 8 win season is very possible.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Take a step back and look at it from the perspective of a non-Wyoming fan.

Most folks have no inside perspective about the Pokes. Most outsiders only know this...

1.) Wyoming went 3-9 in 2010

2.) They might start a True Freshman at QB in 2011

3.) The O-Line could be pretty bad in 2011.

Typically in football, that combination equals complete disaster. Hence, Scout's 3-9 prediction. Not at all an unreasonable conclusion.