Shyatt Presser

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Some comments so far from Schmoldt and Gagliardi on Twitter:

Schmoldt: Good crowd at Wildcatter for the Shyatt press conference. Most of players are here. Notably absent so far are Jackson and M'Baye. #gopokes

Gagliardi: Interesting note: Players with seats reserved for this include Adam Waddell, JayDee Luster, Arthur Bouedo, Cruz, Muojeke

Gagliardi: They just started handing out the "Shyatt Happens" T-shirts to people here. An 80-year old fan put one on over his sweater vest. #gopokes

Schmoldt: Burman issuing thank yous. First to his wife, for allowing him to be a pain in the ass the last couple months. #gopokes

Gagliardi: Burman said Shyatt's name was at the top of UW's list when this process started. #gopokes

Gagliardi: Shyatt said he told the currrent players he will take care of them, but also will be tough on them. #gopokes #mwcbb

Gagliardi: Shyatt telling fans the players need them now more than ever. #gopokes #mwcbb

Gagliardi: As far as on-the-court stuff, Shyatt said team will be aggressive, disciplined and unselfish. #gopokes #mwcbb

Schmoldt: Short and sweet. Mostly hit on points that he hit on during Friday teleconference. #gopokes

Gagliardi: That didn't take long. Nice, heart-felt words by Shyatt. Now bad playing again and another standing ovation. #gopokes #mwcbb
ImageImageImageImage
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Imo Jackson and Mbaye are gone
PonyExpressPoke
Buckaroo

The Pokes got a lot better today. Better to let the cancers go grow somewhere else.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I wonder if Mbaye is influenced by Jackson. Jackson gone would be good. Not so much for Mbaye.
If they both leave I hope that Shyatt doesn't say a word to them - not "good luck", not "sorry your'e
leaving" -- nothing - no acknowledgement at all. Just let 'em walk out the door.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

With two Shyatts and Duncan recruiting the vacancies, I'm not too worried about filling the voids - but it is getting late in the recruiting year.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
PonyExpressPoke
Buckaroo

I've wondered the same thing. Mbaye had a lot of upside and seemed to respond to a different environment. I don't think Jackson is a good fit for Shyatt since he has a strict rule against guarding someone.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ImageImageImageImage
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

I will interesting to see Shyatt and Co. brings in with the possible "4 to 5" schollies
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I think Washington the transfer from USC will be a stud! There was also a tweet with a quote that when Shyatt was asked if he was confident most of the key players would be back next year he said no
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Think of the Nuggets. The key players, Melo and Billups leave. What happens? The Nuggets are now winning. Bye, Bye hotshots Jackson and Mbaye. Can't take the heat, huh?
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

Bad attitudes hurt a team more than bad play does - they're a cancer.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
one-smooth-poke
Ranch Hand

IMO, if they leave then let them go. After the last 3 years, they can say...."we came, we saw, we played, we got our asses kicked!"

BAHHH-BYYYEE!

If they leave, then it shows they had less than ZERO committment to the program, to the fans, or to UW!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

ImageImageImageImage
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

I hope the fans turn out. He's right about one thing, without the fans coming back to the AA nothing will happen.
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

PonyExpressPoke wrote:The Pokes got a lot better today. Better to let the cancers go grow somewhere else.

You have a very good name PonyExpressPoke!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

alyssa wrote:
PonyExpressPoke wrote:The Pokes got a lot better today. Better to let the cancers go grow somewhere else.
You have a very good name PonyExpressPoke!
And historically accurate since the Pony Express did go thru all of central Wyoming.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!