aj davis

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Did you know he transferred to James Madison? I think he couldve been good for us
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

What position did he play?
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I have to respectfully disagree with you. AJ Davis made me want to throw my TV out the window roughly 4-5 times every game. His assist/turnover ratio was 0.32. In other words, for every assist he had, he had 3 turnovers. His 3 point shooting percentage was 10.7%. Those numbers are aboslutely terrible for a guard.
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

TheRealUW wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with you. AJ Davis made me want to throw my TV out the window roughly 4-5 times every game. His assist/turnover ratio was 0.32. In other words, for every assist he had, he had 3 turnovers. His 3 point shooting percentage was 10.7%. Those numbers are aboslutely terrible for a guard.
I'd still take davis over Desmar. At least davis played hard, especially on defense. If there was a fast break the other way, he would get back to try to defend. Desmar would just complain to the ref all the way down the court. i'd rather have a kid who plays hard and struggles to shoot, than one who plays half ass on both sides of the court.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

kansasCowboy wrote:
TheRealUW wrote:I have to respectfully disagree with you. AJ Davis made me want to throw my TV out the window roughly 4-5 times every game. His assist/turnover ratio was 0.32. In other words, for every assist he had, he had 3 turnovers. His 3 point shooting percentage was 10.7%. Those numbers are aboslutely terrible for a guard.
I'd still take davis over Desmar. At least davis played hard, especially on defense. If there was a fast break the other way, he would get back to try to defend. Desmar would just complain to the ref all the way down the court. i'd rather have a kid who plays hard and struggles to shoot, than one who plays half ass on both sides of the court.
Not me. Desmar is one of the top players in the MWC in several different areas. He is our only player who can create his own shot. He shoots at a high percentage. And, as bad as his defense may be, he is 3rd in the league in steals. I think the new coaching staff will make Desmar that much better.

AJ was good for about 3 charging turnovers a game alone. He might have been a decent defensive player, but in the end he did the most whining by transfering to a different school.
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

AJ Davis was a quitter.

Desmar is a real talent.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

CowboyCO wrote:AJ Davis was a quitter.

Desmar is a real talent.
Well, Desmar might be a quitter too, just give it another 2 months. After Spring semester, I'm sure we'll lose a few. I hope M'Baye stays. He's only getting better!
W-Y, Until I Die!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

I just think with Davis' athletic ability and strong on the defensive end he would help our squad
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Any word yet on any of the other players, aside from Waddell who has stated he'll be here next year?
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Any word yet on any of the other players, aside from Waddell who has stated he'll be here next year?
Afam said he is staying.. I am sure almost everyone will be there outside of Jackson Mbaye.. those two are iffy
PonyExpressPoke
Buckaroo

Desmar only plays when he wants to. That's worse than being a quitter. It's a sense of entitlement and shows he only cares about himself and not the team or his teammates. Addition by subtraction in this case.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

PonyExpressPoke wrote:Desmar only plays when he wants to.
Very true. Talk about wasted potential. If he was my kid...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...