1997-1998

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
Pittsburgh Nellie
Ranch Hand

I apologize for not knowing, but is the only reason LS left was to go to Clemson? Just curious why he would be back.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

Pittsburgh Nellie wrote:I apologize for not knowing, but is the only reason LS left was to go to Clemson? Just curious why he would be back.
That's what he said. From all the things I've been reading from him lately it sounds like the truth. He was associate head coach at Clemson before he came to Wyoming. When the job at Clemson opened up he was immediately contacted. My guess is that he saw a chance to move up in the coaching world, but he seems to have some major regrets in leaving Wyoming so fast. I think the fact that he left so quickly had a lot to do with why he wanted to come back.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Pittsburgh Nellie wrote:I apologize for not knowing, but is the only reason LS left was to go to Clemson? Just curious why he would be back.
I think it was pretty much a no-brainer at the time for him. He had a lot of ties to that program, they were going to triple his compensation, and it was an ACC job. I don't think he was looking to get out by any means, but it just kind of happened at that time.