UW wrestlers set for NCAA Championships

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

LeBlanc and Onufer will both wrestle for 5th place. Onufer lost a 4-2 decision this morning. LeBlanc had a forfeit, not sure why.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Onufer won 5th place, LeBlanc won 6th. LeBlanc forfeited both matches today.. not sure why, but he had a reasonable shot at 3rd place..
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:Onufer won 5th place, LeBlanc won 6th. LeBlanc forfeited both matches today.. not sure why, but he had a reasonable shot at 3rd place..
Might have gotten an injury.
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

Joe LeBlanc was forced to forfeit his final two matches to finish sixth in the nation at 184 pounds after missing weight.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Here's Branch's quote about Joe missing weight:
"We got here an hour early and Joe checked his weight. For whatever reason, whether there was an error in the scale when he checked his weight or whether he misread it, something happened. He sat around waiting for weigh-ins for an hour and he was a few tenths over and didn't know it. "
http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/ ... 11aab.html
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

That's heartbreaking... UW had to forfeit all of his team points as well, which would have ended them in the top 15 of the tournament.
ImageImageImageImage
kdwrightuwyo
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote:That's heartbreaking... UW had to forfeit all of his team points as well, which would have ended them in the top 15 of the tournament.
poop RULE. I completely understand him having to forfeit the last two matches...but to lose all the points you gained, while making weight, is freakin' retarded!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Yeah, I thought that was BS. It's not like he was overweight the whole tournament, he was square for two days, so I don't know why they needed to take all the team points away.
ImageImageImageImage
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:Yeah, I thought that was BS. It's not like he was overweight the whole tournament, he was square for two days, so I don't know why they needed to take all the team points away.
No, you either make weight or you don't. If it was the scales fault, then we have a chip on our shoulder for next year. If it was Joe's fault, then again, we got a chip on our shoulder for next year. Either way, when next years wrestling season starts, look out, because Wyoming is for real, and we have something to prove....I've been looking forward to this Senior team since they were all red-shirt Freshman......AP :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This senior team... HOLY S. Martinez, Onufer, LeBlanc, plus Cox.. team is going to be dangerous. LeBlanc could become a 4 time all-american.. great future for Cowboy wrestling.
ImageImageImageImage
AlphaPoke
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:This senior team... HOLY S. Martinez, Onufer, LeBlanc, plus Cox.. team is going to be dangerous. LeBlanc could become a 4 time all-american.. great future for Cowboy wrestling.
I agree Mr. T., and my heart broke when I figured out Joe's team points were taken away. I can't wait for next year, so much talent, and Branch has them to the point that they're so mean they should probably be locked up!! Great Coach, Great Team, we could of been in the top 15, but instead, with a bunch of poop, we're top 30. Even though I'm dissapointed, it was a good year. Good job WYO Wrestling, I'm still bleeding Brown &Gold....AP