Night games at the WAR

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

I saw this on 7220 report

http://7220report.com/2010/10/14/pokes- ... cuss-title

Whoever came up with that list is missing a couple.

We beat BYU under the lights in '99. I remember that game clearly, the weather was beautiful despite the fact that it was mid-November, full moon, and the goal posts came down.

We also played Utah at night in 2000. It was -2 at kickoff, maybe 1000 people in the stands. Coldest game I've ever been to.

Also, they show us playing CSU in '99. I didn't think we played them at night that year. Anyone remember?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

We also embarrassed BYU under the lights on the very first ESPN Thursday Night college football game in 1988.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

CSU game was at night in 1999. had awesome seats for that one, and up until the end of the 3rd quarter, and all of the 4th, if i remember correctly, it was a good game. I do remember wyoming trying to come back and being uber conservative on third down. i think they like 3rd and 8 ish 2 or 3 times in the fourth qtr from around midfield, and would run beasley up the middle... that play didn't work. And the kind drunken fellows in front of me were not shy about pointing that one out.
roozy
Ranch Hand

Can't say about the BYU game in 1999 as I was stuck working in Denver that whole season. But the BYU game in 2003 was definitely under the lights and the goal posts came down. 13-10 Pokes. My wife and I were there. It was a great game. Students were taking their piece with a hacksaw outside the Buckhorn.
Jesus First, then football
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

roozy wrote:Can't say about the BYU game in 1999 as I was stuck working in Denver that whole season. But the BYU game in 2003 was definitely under the lights and the goal posts came down. 13-10 Pokes. My wife and I were there. It was a great game. Students were taking their piece with a hacksaw outside the Buckhorn.
I remember that game well. Watching the guy get split on top of the goal post, trying to break the goal post on the side of the buckhorn, etc.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

roozy wrote:Can't say about the BYU game in 1999 as I was stuck working in Denver that whole season. But the BYU game in 2003 was definitely under the lights and the goal posts came down. 13-10 Pokes. My wife and I were there. It was a great game. Students were taking their piece with a hacksaw outside the Buckhorn.
I believe that was my first live (non-high school) football game, and the reason I became enthralled with the sport.
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

I will always remember the 13-10 pokes victory. My brother, cousin and myself were 3 of the very first few to reach the goal posts that evening. Still got a picture of my cousin riding around on top of it.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

was your cousin the guy that was straddling the top until some kids jumped up and started grabbing his legs (ouchhhh)?
sdpoke
Ranch Hand

I don't believe so. He rode it around the field tho. I ended up on it as well. It was a fun nite to say the least.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

sdpoke wrote:I don't believe so. He rode it around the field tho. I ended up on it as well. It was a fun nite to say the least.
And if there ever was a year for Wyoming to beat BYU, it would be this year.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

wyobrandon wrote:was your cousin the guy that was straddling the top until some kids jumped up and started grabbing his legs (ouchhhh)?
I was thrown off the cross bar by a pig, then the players got involved and they came down
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!