Out coached?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wind River Poke
Ranch Hand

Game tied..2:18 left in the half...we are on our own 30 and we try to run the ball? REALLY??? With this "spread offense" we should have a 2 minute drill...I guess? We punt..AFA moves the ball to within field goal range. What is wrong with this picture?
Was Cockhill calling the plays again today? Is Arroyo related to Cockhill? Hint for ya DC.....the end around ISN"T going to work. Our offense is vanilla with no deception or imagination. Pathetic.
Anyone notice the coach telling Prosinski to go deep on the 4th and short...are you kidding me?? I knew they weren't going to punt, bring Chris up and stop the fullback. That drive scored the winning touchdown. Sorry folks but we are no closer to competing in the top of the league than we were in 1999. And DC isn't going to get us there...not from what I have seen this season.
“God bless Wyoming and keep it wild.”
-Helen Mettler, age 15, 1925
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Wind River Poke wrote:Game tied..2:18 left in the half...we are on our own 30 and we try to run the ball? REALLY??? With this "spread offense" we should have a 2 minute drill...I guess? We punt..AFA moves the ball to within field goal range. What is wrong with this picture?
Was Cockhill calling the plays again today? Is Arroyo related to Cockhill? Hint for ya DC.....the end around ISN"T going to work. Our offense is vanilla with no deception or imagination. Pathetic.
Anyone notice the coach telling Prosinski to go deep on the 4th and short...are you kidding me?? I knew they weren't going to punt, bring Chris up and stop the fullback. That drive scored the winning touchdown. Sorry folks but we are no closer to competing in the top of the league than we were in 1999. And DC isn't going to get us there...not from what I have seen this season.
We can only dream of being as close as we were in 1999 (one game back, would have tied for the conference title if we hadn't lost the last game of the season to SDSU).

I would say we are much closer to 2000 right now than to 1999.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Yea the end of the half pissed me the f-word off.
And ACS seems to have less vision than he did last year. He left at least 3 touchdowns on the field by ignoring WIDE open receivers.
And for f-word sake. If a play doesnt work the first 5 times you run it. DO SOMETHING ELSE!!!!!!!! :shock:
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

That was the worst decision of the day IMO even though Air Force didn't score off of it. Air Force was going to get the ball after half and we were not stopping them, so you need to try to score as many points as you can and we throw in the towel with 2+ minutes on the clock and some timeouts with relatively good field position?

You see it so often in football games, truly good teams will make a final push to finish the half strong, even if it only nets them a FG, its big momentum boost.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

If you listened to the AFA postgame interviews, they made defensive adjustments to stop our running game. At halftime, the Pokes...well they had halftime.
Thoroughly out-coached again. It was one thing to come up with a game plan, but you have to adjust in game. We do not do that whatsoever.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

Air Force's offense if like a machine. Nothing really changes and coaches try different ways to defend it all the time. We forced Air Force into 5 4th down conversion, but they were able to convert on all but one. Wyoming only had the ball for 11 plays in the 2nd half. The key to the game was turnovers and Air Force's ability to control time of possession. Two timely turnovers cost the Pokes big time.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Yeah. You can guess when AF is going for it on 4th down. Anywhere near midfield or on the opposing teams side. Most of time, it's 4th and short and they get it every time. We lost this game because we threw an interception in the endzone and didn't do anything when we had great field position twice in the second half. That might be due to the dumb end around play.
W-Y, Until I Die!