Are we not expecting a good crowd to show up from AFA?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

In past tilts, they always brought a large group...what has happened with that lately (the last 20 years or so)? Stands used to have 3 or 4 thousand zoomies in them when AFA came to town. They even painted our stadium blue one year "Year of the Falcon" was everywhere. Anyone know what has caused the drop off?

Sounds like we are going to get a crowd similar to SUU size...too bad that AFA doesn't travel, we would have more than 24,000.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

I went to a AFA @ WYO game years ago...i seem to remember thinking it must've been the entire student body there...in full dress blues no less
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
wellpoke
Ranch Hand

Not sure about more recent games, but when I was in Laramie - maybe 99 or 2000? - the cadets showed up in droves. They literally filled at least three sections of the upper west stands plus the normal "visitors" section, and there were many standing in the end zone area. In fact, there may have been temporary bleachers put up for them then. It was a LOT of cadets, and I remember seeing several dozen buses to cart them all.

It stands out to me so vividly because I remember them throwing slices of cheese on the field for some reason before the game started. Don't remember why though. Made for a great atmosphere at the game as well.

Looking forward to seeing a good crowd at the War this weekend.

GO POKES!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

wellpoke wrote:Not sure about more recent games, but when I was in Laramie - maybe 99 or 2000? - the cadets showed up in droves. They literally filled at least three sections of the upper west stands plus the normal "visitors" section, and there were many standing in the end zone area. In fact, there may have been temporary bleachers put up for them then. It was a LOT of cadets, and I remember seeing several dozen buses to cart them all.

It stands out to me so vividly because I remember them throwing slices of cheese on the field for some reason before the game started. Don't remember why though. Made for a great atmosphere at the game as well.

GO POKES!
right timeframe as i am talking about and that is EXACTLY how i remember it
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
COS Cowboy
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

wellpoke wrote:Not sure about more recent games, but when I was in Laramie - maybe 99 or 2000? - the cadets showed up in droves. They literally filled at least three sections of the upper west stands plus the normal "visitors" section, and there were many standing in the end zone area. In fact, there may have been temporary bleachers put up for them then. It was a LOT of cadets, and I remember seeing several dozen buses to cart them all.

GO POKES!
I remember the "Spirit Cheese" as they called it. Still don't know what that was all about. :?:

Pretty sure the Air Force paid to bus them all up there like that. I don't imagine the Air Force is so flush with cash these days.