UTSA, WAC, Montana/MSU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Saw this article posted on another site today.. UTSA is meeting w/ the WAC in Denver..
http://www.utsatailgaters.com/football/ ... th-the-wac
UTSATailgaters has confirmed that UTSA Head Football Coach Larry Coker, Athletic Director Lynn Hickey and some of her administration staff will, in fact, be meeting with WAC Commissioner Karl Benson tomorrow at WAC headquarters in Denver, Colorado
ImageImageImageImage
Dread_Pirate_Cowboy
Ranch Hand

Who in the hell is UTSA?
"Good?...Bad?.....I'm the guy with the Gun!" -- Ash Williams
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Dread_Pirate_Cowboy wrote:Who in the hell is UTSA?
Texas-San Antonio. The Roadrunners.

No football as of yet. Supposed to start one in a year or two.

Doubt any of this WAC expansion will happen anyway. The Montana won't move up due to costs plus they have to add some sports as well.

It's just Benson trying to save his sorry little ass!!!!! :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

UTSA already has games scheduled w/ AZ St and ... some other "high profile" team. They're looking to get out of FCS as quick as possible and into the FBS. A 65,000 seat Alamodome would be overkill for FCS anyways. Also, most FCS teams that move up would have to add sports.. most support only the minimum required, SacSt being the exception. UC-Davis as well.
ImageImageImageImage
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

going to the WAC would be suicide for eithe UM or MSU. MSU doesn't have the facilites yet, and I really don't know why the griz would want to ruin the good thing they have going. The WAC is the Titanic.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

msuhunter wrote:The WAC is the Titanic.
And it's sinking fast.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

msuhunter wrote:going to the WAC would be suicide for eithe UM or MSU. MSU doesn't have the facilites yet, and I really don't know why the griz would want to ruin the good thing they have going. The WAC is the Titanic.
What happened to MSUs stadium expansion project?
ImageImageImageImage
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:
msuhunter wrote:going to the WAC would be suicide for eithe UM or MSU. MSU doesn't have the facilites yet, and I really don't know why the griz would want to ruin the good thing they have going. The WAC is the Titanic.
What happened to MSUs stadium expansion project?
Still in the fundraising process. They are currently working on bowling-in the south-east endzone. In theory, suppose to be done by the next Cat/Griz....
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

That's good. They need more room for Griz fans to sit. :)
ImageImageImageImage
msuhunter
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:That's good. They need more room for Griz fans to sit. :)
I heard there's plenty of room at Specs! haha
gopokes1399
Blog Team

who would the cats n griz recruit? they thrive on Montana boys and the fans thrive on watching their montana boys there are maybe 3-4 kids a year that are good enough to play FBS football, the griz have something great going for them right now why screw that up? and the cats have a good team this year and will the next couple of years... One griz player did tell me that they are starting to steer away from montana kids, in my opinion that would be a terrible mistake look at the NFL and who is from MT in it Mariana, Bierman, Carpenter, Hilliard, Anderson, Dane Fletcher, Shan, and a few more! If the cats start to be the only ones getting montana boys the griz may lose fan support and maybe games. I think they are best off staying put
P.S. When the Cats finish that expansion it will be unreal!