If the Black 14 incident had never happened,

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

where would the Pokes be?
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

In Laramie I would guess
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

TwoTone wrote:In Laramie I would guess
As a program. Where would Cowboy fooball be today if that had never happened? Like in Comparison to big programs now a days.
Burt
Buckaroo

Wyoming was Boise St before there was a Boise St. No telling where you guys would be right now, but the dominance would have continued for awhile longer I'm certain.

If only Joseph Smith had come to his revelation a couple of years earlier. Damn that hat!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Burt wrote:Wyoming was Boise St before there was a Boise St. No telling where you guys would be right now, but the dominance would have continued for awhile longer I'm certain.

If only Joseph Smith had come to his revelation a couple of years earlier. Damn that hat!
The only difference being that Boise St. wins their bowl games whereas Wyoming gets killed by the Ok St's back in the day.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

laxwyo wrote:
Burt wrote:Wyoming was Boise St before there was a Boise St. No telling where you guys would be right now, but the dominance would have continued for awhile longer I'm certain.

The only difference being that Boise St. wins their bowl games whereas Wyoming gets killed by the Ok St's back in the day.
Not to mention getting killed by the Oklahomas (1976 Fiesta Bowl) and Kansas States (1993 Copper Bowl) of the world! :tickedoff:

I hope the MWC gets K-State once the Big 12 goes bye-bye. I want revenge for that embarrassing loss in Tucson.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Wyokie wrote:
laxwyo wrote:

Not to mention getting killed by the Oklahomas (1976 Fiesta Bowl) and Kansas States (1993 Copper Bowl) of the world! :tickedoff:

I hope the MWC gets K-State once the Big 12 goes bye-bye. I want revenge for that embarrassing loss in Tucson.
What about LSU? They're the ones who started it in the 1968 Sugar Bowl. :tickedoff:
BuckeyesNYC
Buckaroo

Looking at their history, I think Wyoming would be on a similar level historically as Iowa or Wisconsin. I wonder if the program would be any different if they aligned into a prominent conference as well, or if a more significant population shift went to Wyoming in order to support a large university that would attract itself to a conference where more competitive football is played.