AFA/BYU

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Falcons winning 28-14 at the start of 4th quarter. Go Falcons.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Watching online right now! Go Falcons!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Another touchdown!

BLOW THEM OUT, FALCONS!!!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

35-14 Falcons. This is great.
ImageImageImageImage
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Thank you for your service, Air Force.

YAY!

I hope Wyoming can copy cat the effort when they go to Provo later this year.
Stuck
Ranch Hand

For the Pokes to beat Air Force we need to stuff their run and force them to pass. Our secondary needs to be VERY disciplined and never leave their receivers. Most of AF's pass completions were due to BYU secondary getting sucked to the line of scrimmage leaving their receiver all alone.

I think the key to beating BYU is knowing which quarterback is in and and adjusting appropriately. Heaps is a drop back pocket passer who only runs when he absolutely has to. Heaps is a pretty good passer, but his receivers didn't impress me much. When Nelson is in, 9 out of 10 times it seemed like the play was designed for him to at least have the option of running, and he is quick and shifty!
I think we will also need our best athlete shadowing DeLuigi. That kid has speed and plenty of moves. Someone needs to thump him right out of the gate!

I didn't feel that BYU or AF had a very serious pass rush either. That should give ACS plenty of time to improvise if necessary.

Just my 2 cents. :twocents:

I ran into about a half dozen Pokes at the game and it was so cool to see all the dejected Cougar fans!
Walking through the parking lot before the game, a pleasant, older BYU fan asked me who I came to cheer for and I replied "I only cheer for Mountain West teams." He grimaced and said "Ouch!"

Oh, and as the clock wound down the PA system put the song "Hit the road, Jack......." on and all the cadets and most others joined in! It felt great! :thumb:
big z
Ranch Hand

They all like to talk a lot of poop on other teams, but when they are in the crapper they turn on themselves!

I personally am enjoying the show!

Z
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

Stuck wrote:Oh, and as the clock wound down the PA system put the song "Hit the road, Jack......." on and all the cadets and most others joined in! It felt great! :thumb:
Awesome