Cowboy Football w/ DC

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

I watched the DC show last night on the MTN. Is it me or is it produced by a Junior High crew. Holy poop the audio was horrible, the video was horrible, even the "fake" background of the War looked horible. I love having a show dedicated to the pokes but jesus, put an effort into making it look and sound like a D1 school and not some JV football program on a local news channel. :twocents:

- Sorry my rant for the day -
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
CowboyFan
Ranch Hand

But did you enjoy it, mrtnt3x? :rofl:

I didn't see it but from your description I hope improvements are made, SOON! :D Send them an email.
mrtnt3x
A Real Cowboy

southtexas wrote:But did you enjoy it, mrtnt3x? :rofl:

I didn't see it but from your description I hope improvements are made, SOON! :D Send them an email.
From what I heard! lol

An email won't do much, but hey it is worth a shot, and I do like the idea of the show!
Powder River ... Let 'R Buck!
Stuck
Ranch Hand

mrtnt3x wrote:I watched the DC show last night on the MTN. Is it me or is it produced by a Junior High crew. Holy s##t the audio was horrible, the video was horrible, even the "fake" background of the War looked horible. I love having a show dedicated to the pokes but jesus, put an effort into making it look and sound like a D1 school and not some JV football program on a local news channel. :twocents:

- Sorry my rant for the day -
I didn't see that particular show, but I hate watching the coaches press conferences on "theMtn" any more! I turn it up so that I can barely hear the weak audio and as soon as a commercial comes on I have to scramble to turn it down! I work nights and my wife is sound asleep when I am usually (trying) watching it. Another thing that ticks me off is that I cannot hear the questions being asked! The only guys with microphones are apparently the coaches! :?
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

Agreed. It's a bit of a let down once the show starts because the graphics, and the intro in general are pretty well done. The audio was definitely atrocious. The background, if I had to guess, is that they' 1) might be using something outdated programwise to fill the background 2) are also filling the background live instead of keying out later. If it's being broadcast live somewhere, then they only have certain options, but if they aren't they should key it out later, imo. I liked the set up they had last year with the more practical office like feel instead of the fake background, but that's me.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Is it sad that my job which has like zero budget for videos and with nobody who actually has a degree even remotely related to this kind of stuff, is a billion times better at producing videos?

Example:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/news.php?id=296

scroll down to the video... the audio is taken out in a freaking pumpkin patch, and you can still hear what they're saying.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

This just really ticks me off. There is no excuse for the poor quality - especially the audio. Have these people never heard of a VU meter? Part of the blame is on the stations that are broadcasting it too - they have the capability of boosting the audio level, but they just stick the DVD in the slot and put it on the air. The real blame is on the people that record the program though. Do it right to begin with.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

maybe they should get the folks making the Wyoming Football intro to do the show! A lot of the videos from the football site look professionally done whereas the DC show does not. We probably pay to get the videos made and students are probably doing the DC show with the same equipment they had when I was there (1996).
W-Y, Until I Die!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

Agreed, it is a reflection of the athletics at UW, so there should be an effort to make it look top notch. We need to take every opportunity to make a good impression on recruits and that show does not make a good impression. Any recruit watching the Mtn would not be impressed by that show.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

i am watching the new show now and have only seen the first 15 minutes, but sounds excellent and even looks better. I think they are avoiding close ups that make the fake background look worse.

kudos to them for making it better.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!