Anybody else's throat sore?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Mine is. Had to lead both sections 28 and 29 in cheering the D-on.

Anybody else in that section?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Yeah - got DD making some noise. Those guys were easy to get fired up considering the section. Fun crowd. Was over in 4 for a while.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Nice. I heard some loud cheering over there. And no one else in my area was really making many moves to cheer. So I would stand up and shout at the top of my lungs, "GO COWBOYS!!!!" Then there would be a roar from the rest of the section. Felt AWESOME!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I've noticed that about the upper section. Everyone is quiet until someone makes some noise and it just picks up from there. I haven't sat over in the upper north east side in 2 or 3 years, but the last time I did those guys were nuts. Created their own cheers and sayings. Never felt like such an outcast in my life! All in their 40s, 50s, 60s, and I could never figure out what the heck was going on. One guy would stand up and shout something and half of the section would start yelling something back in unison. Different stuff for first downs, touchdowns, etc.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

wyobrandon wrote:I've noticed that about the upper section. Everyone is quiet until someone makes some noise and it just picks up from there. I haven't sat over in the upper north east side in 2 or 3 years, but the last time I did those guys were nuts. Created their own cheers and sayings. Never felt like such an outcast in my life! All in their 40s, 50s, 60s, and I could never figure out what the heck was going on. One guy would stand up and shout something and half of the section would start yelling something back in unison. Different stuff for first downs, touchdowns, etc.
Section I was in, the guys I noticed most would constantly criticize the team until I started shouting. Then they would join in. After that, they would go right back to it. Like, "wtf!?" But once I got them going, it seemed that SUU only converted 1 time on 3rd down at that end and missed a FG. :D

Does this mean I have to go to Texas for the Texas and TCU games and to Provo for the Yner game?

But 20,000 fans were making that place rock like never before. It was awesome. And I have season tickets, so I will continue to light a fire under their asses to root on the D, even in sub-zero temperatures, you can count on it! :thumb:
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

That was loud for 20k. I think the wildcatter is channeling noise back into the stadium when it might have, well, left the stadium before. Even the band, intro, all that seemed louder. They might have just turned up the volume on the pa though :)

They oughta give away some season tickets a year to people willing to sit in a section and make some noise.

I heard criticism all over the place too. "What the hell do these running backs know running around in circles instead of north south? Offensive pass interference?" are just a few I remember.

Go down to Texas and TCU. I'd skip out on provo tho.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

wyobrandon wrote:That was loud for 20k. I think the wildcatter is channeling noise back into the stadium when it might have, well, left the stadium before. Even the band, intro, all that seemed louder. They might have just turned up the volume on the pa though :)

They oughta give away some season tickets a year to people willing to sit in a section and make some noise.

I heard criticism all over the place too. "What the hell do these running backs know running around in circles instead of north south? Offensive pass interference?" are just a few I remember.

Go down to Texas and TCU. I'd skip out on provo tho.
I know. Half the time all I heard was "Jesus!" Though, it was more directed at the O-line.
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I yelled Jesus a few times.
Anyone else see all the boobs hanging out at the game? :P
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

TwoTone wrote:I yelled Jesus a few times.
Anyone else see all the boobs hanging out at the game? :P
Sadly, I was behind the student section, so no. :cry:
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

I love my wife. The ones I didnt catch she pointed out to me :lol:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

TwoTone wrote:I love my wife. The ones I didnt catch she pointed out to me :lol:
Pics or it didn't happen! (pm them!)
Aaron
A Real Cowboy

She tried to get creeper pics but its hard when people are moving around the stadium :tickedoff:
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Damn! Take some at the next game then!
whyoh
WyoNation Addict

did anyone else notice how loud everyone got when bolger introduced himself as being from casper...awesome :thumb:
disclaimer: I could be wrong. I've done it before...I'll probably do it again.

a high fallootin'...rootin' tootin' sonofa gun from 'ol WYOMIN'
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

wyosteelerfan wrote:did anyone else notice how loud everyone got when bolger introduced himself as being from casper...awesome :thumb:
And Prosinski. Whenever he was on the field, all I heard from the people around me was praise or admiration.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

One of the benefits of having a few "homegrown" guys on the team.. the state can rally around 'em.
ImageImageImageImage