Arizona Bowl

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
PAPoke
Buckaroo
Has liked: 1 time

The Barstool Bowl is no more. Now, it is the Gin & Juice by Dre & Snoop Bowl game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/snoop-dogg-to- ... 12589.html

There's a chance we end up back in Arizona, with Snoop on the broadcast team.

If you didn't read he article, TLDR. Bartstool Bowl is now the Snooper Bowl, and Wyoming could be in it.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

At what point do we shoot some of these bowls in the head?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 240 times

LawPoke wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:21 pm At what point do we shoot some of these bowls in the head?
The one in Boise? Yes.

The Arizona Bowl? No. Love the new sponsor, and, out of all of the current MWC bowl ties, this is probably the best.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

My wife and enjoyed going to Arizona for last year for the game. Saw some longtime Cowboy fans who I generally do not see at the games in Laramie ( I suspect because they sit on the west side of the War) and the final score turned out right so it was really fun. Still I hope that if Wyoming gets a bowl invite this season , it will be to someplace different. My dream would be Vegas but that is probably too much to ask.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

doreno5 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:31 pm My wife and enjoyed going to Arizona for last year for the game. Saw some longtime Cowboy fans who I generally do not see at the games in Laramie ( I suspect because they sit on the west side of the War) and the final score turned out right so it was really fun. Still I hope that if Wyoming gets a bowl invite this season , it will be to someplace different. My dream would be Vegas but that is probably too much to ask.
I don’t know how Wyoming would end up in a bowl in Vegas. That’s pretty unlikely for next year.

Current Bowl Ties:
LA Bowl - No tie in since PAC has dissolved. Probably AAC or WSU/OSU being discussed.
Arizona Bowl - v MAC
Potato Bowl - v MAC
Hawaii Bowl - v CUSA
New Mexico Bowl - v CUSA

Alternative MWC Tie-In:
Guaranteed Rate Bowl (Phoenix) - v Big 10 or 12 if extra team needed

Other G5 Bowl At- Large Possibilities:
Boca Raton
Cure (Orlando)
Frisco
First Responder (Dallas)

Yes - the MWC bowl tie-ins really are that awful. If anyone thinks the other MWC bowl tie ins are somehow better than the Arizona Bowl, please explain how.
doreno5
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 87 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:02 pm
doreno5 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:31 pm My wife and enjoyed going to Arizona for last year for the game. Saw some longtime Cowboy fans who I generally do not see at the games in Laramie ( I suspect because they sit on the west side of the War) and the final score turned out right so it was really fun. Still I hope that if Wyoming gets a bowl invite this season , it will be to someplace different. My dream would be Vegas but that is probably too much to ask.
I don’t know how Wyoming would end up in a bowl in Vegas. That’s pretty unlikely for next year.

Current Bowl Ties:
LA Bowl - No tie in since PAC has dissolved. Probably AAC or WSU/OSU being discussed.
Arizona Bowl - v MAC
Potato Bowl - v MAC
Hawaii Bowl - v CUSA
New Mexico Bowl - v CUSA

Alternative MWC Tie-In:

Boca Raton
Cure (Orlando)
Frisco
First Responder (Dallas)

Yes - the MWC bowl tie-ins really are that awful. If anyone thinks the other MWC bowl tie ins are somehow better than the Arizona Bowl, please explain how.
With the PAC 12 gone wouldn't those games be potentials? The Las Vegas bowl was one of the PAC 12 tie ins. I know it is a pipe dream but a guy can dream can't he?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

doreno5 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:40 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 2:02 pm

Current Bowl Ties:
Arizona Bowl - v MAC
Potato Bowl - v MAC
Hawaii Bowl - v CUSA
New Mexico Bowl - v CUSA

Alternative MWC Tie-In:

Boca Raton
Cure (Orlando)
Frisco
First Responder (Dallas)

With the PAC 12 gone wouldn't those games be potentials? The Las Vegas bowl was one of the PAC 12 tie ins. I know it is a pipe dream but a guy can dream can't he?
It’s a dream but unlikely for the MWC. The SEC has contracted for the Las Vegas Bowl next year. As i understand, the Las Vegas Bowl told the SEC they would get a P5 opponent.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 131 times

I wonder if the bowl system even survives and is functioning in 5 years.

Honestly, at this point, a g5 playoff with home games for highest ranked and a destination championship might be a better alternative to our current bowl tie-ins.

If bowl system does remain, AZ is one of the better bowls for the MWC.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:38 pm I wonder if the bowl system even survives and is functioning in 5 years.

Honestly, at this point, a g5 playoff with home games for highest ranked and a destination championship might be a better alternative to our current bowl tie-ins.

If bowl system does remain, AZ is one of the better bowls for the MWC.
Agree completely. The MWC bowl lineup is so bad and there is little chance of future tie-ins with the major conferences. A G5 playoff holds much more intrigue. I like the idea of 1st round games as home games and then semi-final and final matchups in desirable and easy travel locations like Las Vegas, Orlando, Phoenix…
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

I'll be very surprised if bowls as we know them survive much beyond this last round of realignment. Not a ton of reasons to maintain this, and I'm sure the TV $'s will start to dry up, particularly for G5 matchups. With players sitting out to avoid injury and maintain draft capital it continues to knock the level of competition and enthusiasm down another notch.

I do like the AZ Bowl, it's a great event, but I don't think the financials will justify these types of events in the next 3-5 years.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 131 times

Our cut from the new playoff is something like 1.3 mill/team growing to 1.8/team.

Cold hard truth is that likely nearly 100% of that value comes as being tied to p4. Without that tie and with the changes in cfb, I'll bet g5 value is really similar to fcs.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.