BB transfer portal is open

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:06 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm I am now officially concerned about Manyawu and Combs
I’m concerned with what assistant we could hire because I imagine our HC reputation isn’t sterling at the moment…an assistant coach leaving after 1 year to take an assistant job with Drake?? That seems to be a backwards move.

I wonder if we should blame this on NIL and attendance too?
What assistant worth their salt is going to sign up for Wonder Boy’s staff? They know that he is likely out in a year and they will be out too. The departure stinks of getting off a sinking ship while you still can - but I still contend that McCollum is a huge get and his assistants will be well positioned after working for him.

Either way, it sucks to be us. I fear it will only get worse with this news.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:55 pm I am now officially concerned about Manyawu and Combs
Dang. There seems to be no continuity within the program
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Combs and Manyawu gone!!!
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 37 times
Been liked: 106 times

And there it is
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:49 am Combs and Manyawu gone!!!
Well hell...
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:57 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:49 am Combs and Manyawu gone!!!
Well hell...
Any guesses on Linder’s newest excuse?
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:57 am

Well hell...
I would like to hear Burman's actually. He was the one that came out publicly and stated "don't expect any more transfers" or whatever he said that was similar. He has egg on his face (and his head in his ass). And it is looking more and more like Linder just doesn't have what it takes with the portal generation. He may have looked brilliant before that, but looks like a fool now. If this is what college sports are going to continually look like, particularly regarding Wyoming Basketball, I will further question my fandom and loyalty.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

McPeachy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:09 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

I would like to hear Burman's actually. He was the one that came out publicly and stated "don't expect any more transfers" or whatever he said that was similar. He has egg on his face (and his head in his ass). And it is looking more and more like Linder just doesn't have what it takes with the portal generation. He may have looked brilliant before that, but looks like a fool now. If this is what college sports are going to continually look like for Wyoming Basketball, I am questioning my fandom and loyalty.
Great point! Is Burman that disconnected that he doesn’t know the problems in the men’s program?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Jeff Linder is completely cooked
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:21 pm Jeff Linder is completely cooked
He’s laughing at us all the way to the bank. Big time guaranteed dollars with the extension and buyout we gave him 2 years ago.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

I wish this was a problem with Burman or Linder...that would be fixable....Linder certainly could make things better I suppose but this is the way things are going to go nowadays Bball stability seems very difficult to achieve.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 241 times

This blows
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

We are losing players and coaches to Drake. I agree that the portal has been horrible to us, but it’s horrible to everyone. The only difference is that the best players at New Mexico, UNLV, CSU and Utah State are moving to P5 level programs. I think it’s time for a change at the top and a change at the basketball coach level.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 50 times

It's going to be a rough 10-15 years until this whole NIL thing gets ironed out. Things cannot, and won't, continue like this forever. The current state of affairs in college sports, and men's basketball in particular, is alienating fans across the entire country. When these fans quit paying to attend games and stop watching their team on TV, things will change. But that will take a decade or two to completely come to fruition.

I do wonder if the smaller programs have the resources to ride out the inevitable revenue decreases they will see as fans become increasingly disillusioned with college sports.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Dumpster fire
W-Y, Until I Die!
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 128 times

How could it have gotten any worse than last year? Well It just did. Knew Burman was smoking something when he proclaimed he didn’t expect more to transfer. How could they be more out of touch. We all saw it.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

TheRealUW wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:16 pm It's going to be a rough 10-15 years until this whole NIL thing gets ironed out. Things cannot, and won't, continue like this forever. The current state of affairs in college sports, and men's basketball in particular, is alienating fans across the entire country. When these fans quit paying to attend games and stop watching their team on TV, things will change. But that will take a decade or two to completely come to fruition.

I do wonder if the smaller programs have the resources to ride out the inevitable revenue decreases they will see as fans become increasingly disillusioned with college sports.
Unfortunately, this doesn’t have anything to do with NIL. Drake didn’t pay these guys anything we couldn’t match. It (NIL) was a problem with Ike. This is a portal issue, but more so a Linder issue. No one wants to coach or play for him. I was a strong proponent of an extension after the NCAA run. I thought he knew what he was doing. I was completely wrong.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Bunch of people on here that have no clue what they are talking about lol…. Funny watching all of you think one thing and talk out of your asses and really have no idea what is actually going on. This forum is more like a women’s gossip group than a sports forum. So funny to watch.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

seattlecowboy wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 5:17 pm Bunch of people on here that have no clue what they are talking about lol…. Funny watching all of you think one thing and talk out of your asses and really have no idea what is actually going on. This forum is more like a women’s gossip group than a sports forum. So funny to watch.
Like the B&G View? ♠️100% sure you have a handle on it, give it a shot.
At the molecular level all mankind is a brilliant super-nova.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy

All I know is that we’ve lost all of our production from last year (which was craptastic anyway) and the cupboard is very bare. Linder better know what he’s doing. I don’t think he does.

Williams played for McCollum and he was enticed to coach with him. Fine. Lose your top remaining players to a team that now employs the coach that attracted them. Fine. Perhaps ol’ Jeff can find some transfers from UCLA and USC to save us. The dumpster is fully ablaze.
Last edited by LawPoke on Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.