24-25 Roster

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:28 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 pm

That's as disingenuous as argument as I've ever seen. 4 of the starting 5 graduated. One graduated with 1 year of eligibility left transferred to get closer to home. The non-graduate that transferred has been widly panned on this board as someone who should not have been starting.

You don't like Linder. We get it. Christ this board has turned into a bunch of whiners.
You have to be kidding. That’s a disingenuous argument… that Linder has caused a yearly roster meltdown which requires 1 year bandaids from the likes Fort Lewis College. None of the guys graduating and out of eligibility played more than 1 year for Wyoming!! How is that disingenuous!?!?
Please point to multiple years of "roster meltdowns". Last season was one, and it was bad. Other than last year roster turnover has been nothing out of the ordinary.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:58 pm

You have to be kidding. That’s a disingenuous argument… that Linder has caused a yearly roster meltdown which requires 1 year bandaids from the likes Fort Lewis College. None of the guys graduating and out of eligibility played more than 1 year for Wyoming!! How is that disingenuous!?!?
Please point to multiple years of "roster meltdowns". Last season was one, and it was bad. Other than last year roster turnover has been nothing out of the ordinary.
Actually, let me help you out.

Drew LaMont
Kwame Marble II
Marcus Williams

Ben Bowen
Deng Dut
John Grigsby
Eoin Nelson

We don't need to rehash 2023. We all know what happened.

So far this year it's a guy that didn't play, a guy that didn't play well, and a grad transfer. Hardly a meltdown.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

It’d be hard to argue against something else going on. Either Linder isn’t afraid to tell players to get the hell out or no one wants to play for him in today’s environment. Some of it is winning too. No incentive to hang around and play on poop team and an asshole coach when you can play for a. poop team and non asshole coach
B.good team and asshole coach
C. Good team with non asshole coach.

To me, there’s no reason Powell should be leaving. Him transferring is a big red flag.
W-Y, Until I Die!
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:07 pm It’d be hard to argue against something else going on. Either Linder isn’t afraid to tell players to get the hell out or no one wants to play for him in today’s environment. Some of it is winning too. No incentive to hang around and play on poop team and an asshole coach when you can play for a. poop team and non asshole coach

To me, there’s no reason Powell should be leaving. Him transferring is a big red flag.
I would disagree with this. Powell's minutes were going down as the season wore on. In his last 7 games, he played about 15 minutes a game. I actually expected him to leave. I even wonder if the coaches told him his playing time here was done. Since I don't live in Laramie or sit behind the bench, I don't have first hand knowledge that Linder is tough to play for. I'd like to hear this from the players themselves.
Personally, I don't care if the roster turns over a lot. We've had many great players who came from junior colleges - Justin Williams and Dante Richardson, just to name two. The 3 starters who came in for one year were pretty good. We just needed a few more. Had Powell developed, we might have been pretty good. But he was a non factor most of the year.
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 301 times
Been liked: 128 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:15 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:00 pm Apparently Foster has another year now!?!? Must be an additional medical redshirt.

The recent portal entry could be a numbers game if Foster and Wenzel were to return.
If he returns he could go straight from college basketball to Social Security.
Lol
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

laxwyo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:07 pm It’d be hard to argue against something else going on. Either Linder isn’t afraid to tell players to get the hell out or no one wants to play for him in today’s environment. Some of it is winning too. No incentive to hang around and play on poop team and an asshole coach when you can play for a. poop team and non asshole coach

Powell is no big loss in terms of losing his minutes and talent. He never developed and never will. He doesn’t have it. I appreciate his time as a Cowboy. The transfer raises the question of whether he was asked to leave or whether he saw no future here.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I liked Powell's potential but he had way too soft hands...oh well, let the rebuild begin...again
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 146 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

I would disagree with this. Powell's minutes were going down as the season wore on. In his last 7 games, he played about 15 minutes a game. I actually expected him to leave. I even wonder if the coaches told him his playing time here was done. Since I don't live in Laramie or sit behind the bench, I don't have first hand knowledge that Linder is tough to play for. I'd like to hear this from the players themselves.
Personally, I don't care if the roster turns over a lot. We've had many great players who came from junior colleges - Justin Williams and Dante Richardson, just to name two. The 3 starters who came in for one year were pretty good. We just needed a few more. Had Powell developed, we might have been pretty good. But he was a non factor most of the year.
Hard to argue with a lot of what you said. I can’t see Linder telling a serviceable big man to take a hike when his roster is a graveyard. 15 minutes is still playing time and I would expect people like Kojanets to leave before Powell.
W-Y, Until I Die!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:02 pm

Actually, let me help you out.

Drew LaMont
Kwame Marble II
Marcus Williams

Ben Bowen
Deng Dut
John Grigsby
Eoin Nelson

We don't need to rehash 2023. We all know what happened.

So far this year it's a guy that didn't play, a guy that didn't play well, and a grad transfer. Hardly a meltdown.
Great, if you believe that recruiting 1 year lower division transfers is not a roster turnover or meltdown, then we should be pretty good next year right? This roster consistency should really propel Wyoming.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:39 am
bladerunnr wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:32 pm

Hard to argue with a lot of what you said. I can’t see Linder telling a serviceable big man to take a hike when his roster is a graveyard. 15 minutes is still playing time and I would expect people like Kojanets to leave before Powell.
I agree. Linder didn’t tell Caden Powell to look elsewhere nor was Caden Powell wooed by NIL dollars from other programs being flashed his way. Neither of those things would make any sense. Caden Powell, the only guy who could have transferred last year but didn’t, finally had enough.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Last year. This year. And likely next year.
LawPoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 90 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:58 am

At this point, I’m a bit concerned that we won’t have five warm bodies to put on the floor.

Playing for Linder must be akin to wiping your hind end with sandpaper.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LawPoke wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:40 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:58 am
At this point, I’m a bit concerned that we won’t have five warm bodies to put on the floor.

Playing for Linder must be akin to wiping your hind end with sandpaper.
Nah. There are plenty of Yellowstone .gifs and D2 seniors from the likes of Oklahoma Panhandle State to go around. We will have a ‘team.’
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Can we get an update with Combs and Manywau now gone too?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:54 am Can we get an update with Combs and Manywau now gone too?
Laramie County CC may have some warm bodies for us to take
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:49 pm Image
WYO1016 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:43 pm Jeebus guys. We were in the tournament 2 years ago! Last year was an unmitigated disaster, mostly due to the worst rash on injuries that has ever happened in college basketball. This year, for all intents and purposes, wasn't bad, considering that we turned over the entire roster. R-E-L-A-X
All is still well.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Ummmm...whoooo???
Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

WYO1016 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:25 pm

That's as disingenuous as argument as I've ever seen. 4 of the starting 5 graduated. One graduated with 1 year of eligibility left transferred to get closer to home. The non-graduate that transferred has been widly panned on this board as someone who should not have been starting.

You don't like Linder. We get it. Christ this board has turned into a bunch of whiners.
Wow, 1016 is watching a different movie than me. He’s watching Miracle on Grand, I’m watching horror in the Double AA- the sequel slasher…….
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

Itsux2beaewe
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:24 pm
Linder really posted this?