Hawaii Bowl Game Thread: Boise State vs. East Carolina

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

What an awesome game! BSU was down 38-14 but scored 24 unanswered pts to tie the game only to lose on a GW FG as time expired.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Close but.....

2 straight losses for Boise at (NO) Aloha Stadium.

Plus,

MWC: 3-0 (with 2 left)
WAC: 0-2 (with 2 left)
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:Close but.....

Plus,

The WAC has definitely laid an egg so far. Nevada flat out sucked against a mediocre New Mexico team. Boise State came out and played like they haven't gotten over their butt kicking at the hands of Hawaii. Very, very embarrassing so far. I'll promise you this, Hawaii will give UGA all they want and Fresno will beat the pants off Georgia Tech!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:Close but.....

Plus,

The WAC has definitely laid an egg so far. Nevada flat out sucked against a mediocre New Mexico team. Boise State came out and played like they haven't gotten over their butt kicking at the hands of Hawaii. Very, very embarrassing so far. I'll promise you this, Hawaii will give UGA all they want and Fresno will beat the pants off Georgia Tech!

I agree. Fresno will beat GA Tech! As for Hawaii, playing the underdog will help the Warriors win.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:

I agree. Fresno will beat GA Tech! As for Hawaii, playing the underdog will help the Warriors win.
It will. No one has given us a chance. Only the people that have followed Hawaii closely all year know Hawaii can win this game.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

It will. No one has given us a chance. Only the people that have followed Hawaii closely all year know Hawaii can win this game.
Just don't make costly mistakes early and score early AND often. Plus, hope UH's rushing defense can hold up.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

Just don't make costly mistakes early and score early AND often. Plus, hope UH's rushing defense can hold up.
It might sound crazy but I'm not worried at all about UGA. This team is going to have to adjust their game because of us. They're used to being in a 4-3 base but if they think they can play that against us, it'll be over by halftime! The only thing that I'm worried about is their size. I'm confident the line will block these guys and if they do consistently, it'll be a long night for the doggies.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:

It might sound crazy but I'm not worried at all about UGA. This team is going to have to adjust their game because of us. They're used to being in a 4-3 base but if they think they can play that against us, it'll be over by halftime! The only thing that I'm worried about is their size. I'm confident the line will block these guys and if they do consistently, it'll be a long night for the doggies.
I feel the same plus UH got used to BCS speed when UH played Washington so that 'aint much of a problem.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
I feel the same plus UH got used to BCS speed when UH played Washington so that 'aint much of a problem.
You got that right. Hawaii needs to worry about themselves in this game. Don't turn the ball over, play w/ great intensity on defense, win the kicking game battle and Hawaii will be Ok! Everyone keeps saying Hawaii better be ready for Gerogia but Georgia better be ready for Hawaii. They have not played a team like Hawaii all year!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
You got that right. Hawaii needs to worry about themselves in this game. Don't turn the ball over, play w/ great intensity on defense, win the kicking game battle and Hawaii will be Ok! Everyone keeps saying Hawaii better be ready for Gerogia but Georgia better be ready for Hawaii. They have not played a team like Hawaii all year!
That's the main key to the game.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Boise definitely choked that one away. Boise had all of the momentum going their way, but the stout 2nd half defense crumbled. That was a shame.. because that was a pretty impressive show they put on in the 2nd half. But they were in too deep of a hole. Tharp didn't look at all good tonight.. Boise should have won this game going away.
ImageImageImageImage
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote:Boise definitely choked that one away. Boise had all of the momentum going their way, but the stout 2nd half defense crumbled. That was a shame.. because that was a pretty impressive show they put on in the 2nd half. But they were in too deep of a hole. Tharp didn't look at all good tonight.. Boise should have won this game going away.
I agree. Great comeback but they kind of wore themselves out. They couldn't stop ECU on that last drive when they needed to.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Bad loss for the WAC, but on the other hand. Boise.....a losing trend in Honolulu? :D

As for the Sugar bowl. I think Georgia will be shocked at the level of talent of our team. We are not far behind them. In fact at some positions we are far more talented then they are. If the o-line can hold up Colt will roast this team, just like the mighty Troy State Trojans did :roll: Maybe SEC teams should be the ones worried about what "level" they play at. :lol:
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

now who's ready to see Hawaii get stomped. Congrats on goin 12-0 Warriors but it ends tonight. I'm not rootin for Georgia but that's what is gonna happen. Dawgs by 30+wyopokesfan23
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

I'm going with the Warriors in this one... I hate Georgia, and I really want them to lose.. and it'd be a good thing for another mid-major team to slap these BCS teams around.
ImageImageImageImage
wyopokesfan23
Ranch Hand

I'm hopin Hawaii wins too but they wont
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

wyopokesfan23 wrote:I'm hopin Hawaii wins too but they wont

I got a bad feeling Hawaii is going to embarrass ALL Non-BCS schools tonight.