WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Don’t even know even we’re missing so it’s hard to be too mad, but that stinks
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I’ll never understand how the basketball team always has more injuries than the football team.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Enjoy football season while it's here
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

SDPokeFan wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:13 am I’ll never understand how the basketball team always has more injuries than the football team.
Well they all weigh about 163 pounds and Linder runs them like they are greyhound dogs every single practice.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke
Been liked: 49 times

I was excited to see what Walters could do at this level. Some guys just have an uncanny knack for scoring the basketball, and I think Walters has it. Sure wish he could have had the non-conference portion of the season to develop some chemistry with his teammates and let Linder iron out his rotations.

I think this mean Akuel Kot will be doing a lot of scoring for Wyoming this year. With this injury, I could see Kot averaging 20+ points per game - just not sure how efficient of a scorer he is.

I still have no clue about what to expect out of this coming season, but my curiosity has been dampened a little bit with the injury to Walters. I think Walters is a sleeper that could surprise a lot of people in the conference.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

I've heard that Manyawu is ready to roll in place of Mason. The staff is really high on him. Apparently he's got some bulk to him and is ready to contribute.
TheRealUW
Cowpoke

WYO1016 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:02 am I've heard that Manyawu is ready to roll in place of Mason. The staff is really high on him. Apparently he's got some bulk to him and is ready to contribute.
Interesting. They seem like very different players. In his high school videos, Manyawu looked very raw, especially on the offensive side of the court. I think he averaged somewhere around 7 points per game in high school. I'm not sure he can replace the scoring that Walters would have delivered at that spot. I do think Manyawu is a better rebounder and defender though.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

No offense to Maldonado (a Cowboy great), but is anyone else excited to see a team without him on it? He couldn't shoot a lot of the time.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:19 pm No offense to Maldonado (a Cowboy great), but is anyone else excited to see a team without him on it? He couldn't shoot a lot of the time.
I'm excited because we have zero idea what this team will look like. Last year we knew that Maldonado could carry the team most of the time when needed. Who is the guy this year? Griffin? Kot? Wenzel? Powell? The only person that knows the answer to that right now is Linder.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:06 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 2:19 pm No offense to Maldonado (a Cowboy great), but is anyone else excited to see a team without him on it? He couldn't shoot a lot of the time.
I'm excited because we have zero idea what this team will look like. Last year we knew that Maldonado could carry the team most of the time when needed. Who is the guy this year? Griffin? Kot? Wenzel? Powell? The only person that knows the answer to that right now is Linder.
Maldo couldn't carry anything, again, no offense to him. He never was able to be the top dog on a good team. Anyway, I think Walters was supposed to be "the guy" this year, so it really sucks he got injured.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:40 pm
WYO1016 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:06 pm

Maldo couldn't carry anything, again, no offense to him. He never was able to be the top dog on a good team. Anyway, I think Walters was supposed to be "the guy" this year, so it really sucks he got injured.
We saw what last years team was without Maldo. It was terrible.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:51 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 3:40 pm
We saw what last years team was without Maldo. It was terrible.
Was terrible with him too
TheRealUW
Cowpoke

Have to agree with Lander here...Maldo was most successful when he had a second star player (Ike) playing with him. That being said, he did seem to regress his last year as well. I'm not sure if it was complacency or if the previous year's success got to his head, but there was a big step backwards his last year. Way more turnovers and far less efficiency as a scorer.

Now that I really think about it, so many thing went wrong last year that it is almost comical. I just don't see how this year could be any worse. I guess we are about to find out.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Snakebite is all we seem to know