***Hawai'i Warriors Thread***

Wyoming High School sports, pro sports, other college sports
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

Weber's a middle of the pack Big Sky team this year too.
ImageImageImageImage
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

MrTitleist wrote:Weber's a middle of the pack Big Sky team this year too.
I know. Hawaii has problems but not as bad as Wyoming does.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Weber's a middle of the pack Big Sky team this year too.
I know. Hawaii has problems but not as bad as Wyoming does.
It was looking like Hawaii would have a long year, especially after watching the first half of the WSU game but we finally got our QB back. Tyler Graunke has been one of the best backup QB's in the country the last 2-3 years. He's been waiting for his time forever and finally got his opportunity in the 2nd half of the Weber game. If Tyler didn't have personal issues and wasn't suspended from the team this past spring, he would have been the starter from the get go. The Hawaii @ Florida game would've been a lot closer and the Weber State game would have been another 66-3 UH blowout over an overmatched FCS team.
Hawaii now has a chance to run the table from hear on out. I know a lot of people have written Hawaii off but this program hasn't gone anywhere. Look for Hawaii to beat Oregon State in Corvallis tomorrow and then start their WAC title defense in a couple of weeks.
Colt Brennan= Future Hall of Famer!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

It's been a tough first 3 games for the Warriors. Playing at Florida and Oregon St. will only help this team. This team has the talent to win the WAC again and I think the experience gained in playing in hostile enviroments 3 out of the last 4 games will help this team in WAC play. The Warriors start WAC play against former UH head coach Dick Tomey and his San Jose State Spartans on Saturday.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:It's been a tough first 3 games for the Warriors. Playing at Florida and Oregon St. will only help this team. This team has the talent to win the WAC again and I think the experience gained in playing in hostile enviroments 3 out of the last 4 games will help this team in WAC play. The Warriors start WAC play against former UH head coach Dick Tomey and his San Jose State Spartans on Saturday.
The Warriors will beat SJSU. Any injuries to report?
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:It's been a tough first 3 games for the Warriors. Playing at Florida and Oregon St. will only help this team. This team has the talent to win the WAC again and I think the experience gained in playing in hostile enviroments 3 out of the last 4 games will help this team in WAC play. The Warriors start WAC play against former UH head coach Dick Tomey and his San Jose State Spartans on Saturday.
Blaze Soares, who's one of our best defensive players, is still out. He could play this week but the coaches don't want to rise making it worse. He's expected to play next week at Fresno St. Our QB, Tyler Graunke is at about 85% and is expected to start Saturday. We were banged pretty bad after OSU but this team is about as healthy as they've been all year. I expect a solid win over SJSU at Aloha Stadium.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
Blaze Soares, who's one of our best defensive players, is still out. He could play this week but the coaches don't want to rise making it worse. He's expected to play next week at Fresno St. Our QB, Tyler Graunke is at about 85% and is expected to start Saturday. We were banged pretty bad after OSU but this team is about as healthy as they've been all year. I expect a solid win over SJSU at Aloha Stadium.
As always. And I expect a call from some friends prior to gametime....10 p.m. my time.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
As always. And I expect a call from some friends prior to gametime....10 p.m. my time.
Awesome!!!!
Hey wyokie, do you have a way of watching the Warrior games?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
No unless it's on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC. Can't order special package due to money flow problems. Besides I need the dough to move to Oahu and drive a certain someBODY insane!!!!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
No unless it's on ESPN, ESPN2, or ABC. Can't order special package due to money flow problems. Besides I need the dough to move to Oahu and drive a certain someBODY insane!!!!
Gotcha, lol. I bet the game thread at SH helps a lot, huh?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote:
Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote:
Gotcha, lol. I bet the game thread at SH helps a lot, huh?
Oh, yeah. The guys there are passionate about Warrior football.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Warriors beat themselves, 20-17 this past Saturday!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :twisted:
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Warriors turned their season around w/ a huge OT win @ then 21 ranked Fresno State. This fired up Warriors squad is getting better and healthier each week. Warriors host La Tech on Saturday night.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Warriors are sitting at 5-5 w/ 3 games left. If they win 2 of the 3, they'll go bowling. Their final 3 games are Idaho, Washington St. and Cincinnati.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Toughest schedule in school history without question. Florida, Cincy, Oregon State, and Boise State could all be BCS bowling. Hawaii currently has the 5th toughest schedule in the country.
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

J-Rod wrote:Toughest schedule in school history without question. Florida, Cincy, Oregon State, and Boise State could all be BCS bowling. Hawaii currently has the 5th toughest schedule in the country.
There's no question this Warrior team has played one of the toughest schedules in the country. It's amazing considering Hawaii could have 4 BCS teams on their schedule in those teams you listed. Who knows, if UF beats Bama in the SEC title game, UF could be in the NC game. People can bang on Hawaii all they want but if they win these next 3 games, it would turn out to be an awesome season for the Warriors. Idaho and Wazzu should be easy wins. The Cincy game could be statement game for the Warriors.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

If Hawaii losses to Wazzu, you'll never heard the end of it from a lot of people.

Idaho will be easy. Wyoming could beat Idaho!
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:If Hawaii losses to Wazzu, you'll never heard the end of it from a lot of people.

Idaho will be easy. Wyoming could beat Idaho!
Washington State has a lot of talent so the Warriors will need to be ready. The Cougs don't know how to win games so I expect the Warriors to put it on them. Hawaii has been playing good defense all year but now its offense is coming around lead by former JC All-American QB Greg Alexander 6'4" 230 LBS. The Cincy game will be one of the best games of the day on Dec 6th. Don't forget to watch, wyokie. The game will be on ESPN2 at about 6:30 hst (around 10:30 your time.)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

uhwarrior23 wrote: The Cincy game will be one of the best games of the day on Dec 6th. Don't forget to watch, wyokie. The game will be on ESPN2 at about 6:30 hst (around 10:30 your time.)
On the Eve of Pearl Harbor Day. Wouldn't miss it for the world and I suspect a few friends will be calling me from Aloha Stadium prior to the game that night. :D
uhwarrior23
Ranch Hand

Wyokie wrote:
uhwarrior23 wrote: The Cincy game will be one of the best games of the day on Dec 6th. Don't forget to watch, wyokie. The game will be on ESPN2 at about 6:30 hst (around 10:30 your time.)
On the Eve of Pearl Harbor Day. Wouldn't miss it for the world and I suspect a few friends will be calling me from Aloha Stadium prior to the game that night. :D
Yup, wouldn't be surprised. This will be the game of the year for the Warriors. We'll be trying to make it 2-2 against ranked teams this season. :D
Last edited by uhwarrior23 on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.