Injuries

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

I wasn't able to catch the diagnosis of the injuries to Chambers and Evans today.....what is the update? I can't seem to see it anywhere. Thanks.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Word through the grape vine is broken ankle on chambers
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:51 pm Word through the grape vine is broken ankle on chambers
That’s what it looked like to me
W-Y, Until I Die!
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Well I guess that ends the discussion on keeping the redshirt or not. Sucks......
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

Vanderwall was very good yesterday when we really needed him.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Any update on Nico Evans?
I'm good for 3!
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

pokefanchaz7 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:56 am Vanderwall was very good yesterday when we really needed him.
That's because they let him pass. The run-mostly game has to be scrapped for NM now or that game is a loss. Will Vigen figure that out?
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 am That's because they let him pass. The run-mostly game has to be scrapped for NM now or that game is a loss. Will Vigen figure that out?
They let him pass before, but his accuracy was terrible and he'd put too much power behind the ball.

I thought he did fantastic yesterday.... and dare I say, the coaches called a good game.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

J-Bone wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:26 am
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:06 am That's because they let him pass. The run-mostly game has to be scrapped for NM now or that game is a loss. Will Vigen figure that out?
They let him pass before, but his accuracy was terrible and he'd put too much power behind the ball.

I thought he did fantastic yesterday.... and dare I say, the coaches called a good game.
Play calling was good yesterday. What we can't do is get into the run run pass on third and long then punt routine
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:53 am Any update on Nico Evans?
High ankle sprain.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

BTW, Chambers has a broken fibula and is obviously done for the year. Unlikely he will be able to participate much in the spring either. TVW has a golden opportunity to establish himself.

If TVW does, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go to a 2 QB system next year similar to what Boise ran last year with Cozart and Rypien. It’s tough on a defense to prepare for basically 2 seaparate offenses.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:50 am BTW, Chambers has a broken fibula and is obviously done for the year. Unlikely he will be able to participate much in the spring either. TVW has a golden opportunity to establish himself.

If TVW does, I wouldn’t be surprised if we go to a 2 QB system next year similar to what Boise ran last year with Cozart and Rypien. It’s tough on a defense to prepare for basically 2 seaparate offenses.
Also very tough on offense to make that work. The only successful examples I can think of are Boise (to an extent), Florida with Leak and Tebow, and Oklahoma State had Mason Rudolph and JW Walsh would come in inside the 10 and basically play the Tebow role, but was a little guy instead of a fullback
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:50 am BTW, Chambers has a broken fibula and is obviously done for the year. Unlikely he will be able to participate much in the spring either. TVW has a golden opportunity to establish himself.

Man, I hope not. I hate two QB offenses. I'm not saying that one QB is way better than the other, but Chambers makes Vigen's horrific offense actually work (albeit against bad teams). Tyler has struggled in it. And did for a whole bunch of Saturday's game, too.

Seems like Chambers should have the upper hand for next year
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

So, going back to the injury of Chambers - did that tackle look weird to anybody else, the way he was hauled down? I've seen it so many times now, and many of them were in slow motion, which never lends itself to looking "good," or "innocent," but it almost seemed like there was intent to hurt him there.

Maybe I'm just having a typical Monday morning and that's why I get that feeling now.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 am So, going back to the injury of Chambers - did that tackle look weird to anybody else, the way he was hauled down? I've seen it so many times now, and many of them were in slow motion, which never lends itself to looking "good," or "innocent," but it almost seemed like there was intent to hurt him there.

Maybe I'm just having a typical Monday morning and that's why I get that feeling now.
Heck yeah, it looked weird. I've never seen anyone tackle like that.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 am So, going back to the injury of Chambers - did that tackle look weird to anybody else, the way he was hauled down? I've seen it so many times now, and many of them were in slow motion, which never lends itself to looking "good," or "innocent," but it almost seemed like there was intent to hurt him there.

It was a strange tackle that wasn't going to end well when Chambers leg got caught under himself. From the defensive standpoint however, I don't think that there was an intent to injure as I think the tackle was being attempted in that manner to restrict forward progress.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

He looked like a steer wrestler taking down a steer. It was a BS, dangerous tackle.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:05 am He looked like a steer wrestler taking down a steer. It was a BS, dangerous tackle.
Yeah, they banned horse collar tackles because bad things happened - this was a similar-looking tackle (but obviously not a real horse collar) that had similar repercussions because he didn't let go until long after Chambers was already down.