Wyoming currently a -14 favorite

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

-14 favorite vs San Jose. Seems pretty dang high to me considering they have been playing increasingly better, and we only just looked the part of a decent team.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Just laid some money on Joser. Some people are going to get suckered by this one.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

Joser isn't their normal brand of bad this year. They will be tough
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 151 times

And joser knows how to beat us regardless of how terrible they are
W-Y, Until I Die!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I have confidence we can win this, being at home and everything, but I don't feel we're guaranteed 14 points better. It's going to be a 24-20 or 23-21 type game imo
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

As long as we keep the ball moving, we'll hopefully be fresh enough that we pressure their QB into some bad throws. Our secondary's been getting more hands on balls lately, and it'd be nice if they started catching more of them (AND if they stopped lining up offsides or giving away first downs to pass interference on third down).
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Looks like the passing game is SJSU strength. Looks like passing game (on defense) is Pokes weakness. Don't know what SJSU strength is on defense.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 65 times
Been liked: 233 times

Once again, I would not touch this game from a betting perspective!! SJSU may be improved but their win is over a team that has literally given up. Wyoming is a much better team than SJSU. That said, with a Bohl team, I would cringe on putting money on Wyoming with such a high line because he does not run up the score and is the coach that would rather eat as much clock as he can with the ground game.

My prediction is right with the line: Wyoming 27 SJSU 13
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Seems super high
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

A couple of weeks ago we wouldn't have bet Wyoming would score 14 points in a game let alone be a 14-point favorite in a game. Amazing what one player can do I guess.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:47 pm A couple of weeks ago we wouldn't have bet Wyoming would score 14 points in a game let alone be a 14-point favorite in a game. Amazing what one player can do I guess.
More than one player, the "playbook" changed a lot...resulting in a massive time of possession swing (and with that, the amount of time the D spends on the field). The fact that our defense hasn't been getting worn down by Vigen and his poop-assed play calling is huge.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:35 am
SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:47 pm A couple of weeks ago we wouldn't have bet Wyoming would score 14 points in a game let alone be a 14-point favorite in a game. Amazing what one player can do I guess.
More than one player, the "playbook" changed a lot...resulting in a massive time of possession swing (and with that, the amount of time the D spends on the field). The fact that our defense hasn't been getting worn down by Vigen and his poop-assed play calling is huge.
This. Part of me has to feel for TVW as I'm sure he's thinking "Why didn't they let me try to run this offense?" He was stuck playing under center with unimaginative plays while Chambers gets to run Read options. TVW isn't a statue, he isn't as athletic as Chambers but he is plenty athletic. I think he could have been more successful than he was if he had gotten a chance to play like this.

I'm not claiming in any way that we should play TVW now under this system just commenting on what must be going through his mind.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:53 am
This. Part of me has to feel for TVW as I'm sure he's thinking "Why didn't they let me try to run this offense?" He was stuck playing under center with unimaginative plays while Chambers gets to run Read options. TVW isn't a statue, he isn't as athletic as Chambers but he is plenty athletic. I think he could have been more successful than he was if he had gotten a chance to play like this.

I'm not claiming in any way that we should play TVW now under this system just commenting on what must be going through his mind.
I thought about this too but TVW was terribly inaccurate anytime he rolled out and was not in a traditional pocket. In a read option system, the throws you do make are usually on the move. Personally, I would have loved to have seen Josh Allen in this system as he could have put up video game numbers as he thrived throwing the ball on the run.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 130 times

For whatever reason, Vigen finally started using the scheme to freeze defenders or make them mentally process what was going on. That extra bit of time makes a world of difference.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 am

I thought about this too but TVW was terribly inaccurate anytime he rolled out and was not in a traditional pocket. In a read option system, the throws you do make are usually on the move. Personally, I would have loved to have seen Josh Allen in this system as he could have put up video game numbers as he thrived throwing the ball on the run.
I agree with you about accuracy on the move. I have even said the same thing on here a couple weeks ago. It just seems to be unfair for the kid to get pulled and have a better offensive system put in place to benefit his backup when he didn't get that same chance. That being said I still think Chambers is better at running the offense we are currently running than TVW.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm

I agree with you about accuracy on the move. I have even said the same thing on here a couple weeks ago. It just seems to be unfair for the kid to get pulled and have a better offensive system put in place to benefit his backup when he didn't get that same chance. That being said I still think Chambers is better at running the offense we are currently running than TVW.
My take on it is that the run works now that we have a real threat to run at QB. TVW would run every now and then but he's not the threat to run that Allen was or Chambers is. With TVW under center defenses could key on Evans without over-extending themselves to protect against the pass. I think if TVW could have had the production in the running game that Chambers is having, his passing numbers would have been better. Ultimately this stuff is all very inter-related. I don't think that the "old" playbook has been abandoned in favor of something "new". It looks different because the zone read is working now that the guy under center can break off 8+ yard running plays if you aren't careful. One thing that I am confused by is the success we had with chambers running out of traditional pro-style formations. I re-watched the CSU game and even without the read-option formation, Evans was crushing it....maybe the offensive line is getting better? CSU really bad? Both?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

307bball wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:15 pm
TSpoke wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:59 pm

My take on it is that the run works now that we have a real threat to run at QB. TVW would run every now and then but he's not the threat to run that Allen was or Chambers is. With TVW under center defenses could key on Evans without over-extending themselves to protect against the pass. I think if TVW could have had the production in the running game that Chambers is having, his passing numbers would have been better. Ultimately this stuff is all very inter-related. I don't think that the "old" playbook has been abandoned in favor of something "new". It looks different because the zone read is working now that the guy under center can break off 8+ yard running plays if you aren't careful. One thing that I am confused by is the success we had with chambers running out of traditional pro-style formations. I re-watched the CSU game and even without the read-option formation, Evans was crushing it....maybe the offensive line is getting better? CSU really bad? Both?
CSU is bad. Second worst team Wyoming has played this year.
USU78
Buckaroo

Wyoming covers. Now that your kids have found out that they can actually play some offense, josers can't keep up with your kids.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

USU78 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 pm Wyoming covers. Now that your kids have found out that they can actually play some offense, josers can't keep up with your kids.
I cannot believe how bad your team raped NM. your team has a hell of an offense... and we must have one hell of a defense
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:08 pm
USU78 wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:40 pm Wyoming covers. Now that your kids have found out that they can actually play some offense, josers can't keep up with your kids.
I cannot believe how bad your team raped NM. your team has a hell of an offense... and we must have one hell of a defense
UNM is a dumpster fire 🔥. They might actually take the unusual action of firing Davie midseason.