Northern Colorado

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wow. If this A hole isn't banned, I'm done with this forum. I know you guys can't monitor 24/7 but this is horrible to read.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

I like the whole "moderate ourselves" approach at times, but the slow response by the mods here is pretty disappointing...

Oh yeah, tough loss tonight. We need Gorski out of the starting lineup ASAP.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:10 pm I like the whole "moderate ourselves" approach at times, but the slow response by the mods here is pretty disappointing...

Oh yeah, tough loss tonight. We need Gorski out of the starting lineup ASAP.
And honestly, Dalton is killing us the last several games. Maybe it's time for him to come off the bench again.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I wonder, when the MWC season starts, if it would be a good idea for the Pokes to play the game for 40 minutes.
wyoav211933
Ranch Hand

I honestly didn't mind the lack of three point attempts, our offense wasn't great but should've been enough to win. Obviously the defense let too many guys drive by them for easy buckets, but I gotta give respect where respect is due for their guy Spaite (sp?).

On a side note, would it kill us to ever run an in bounds play? I mean it's only something that any respectable high school and middle school program practices.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 231 times

WTF!!!! Delete that assholes racist posts and please hurry and ban. That is sickening.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

What do you think is this team's realistic ceiling this season? I honestly thought they'd be better than this.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:01 pm What do you think is this team's realistic ceiling this season? I honestly thought they'd be better than this.
When you boil it down, we aren’t a great shooting team and we play suspect defense. That isn’t a good combo.
PokeTransplant
Cowpoke
Has liked: 22 times
Been liked: 14 times

wyoav211933 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:22 pm I honestly didn't mind the lack of three point attempts, our offense wasn't great but should've been enough to win. Obviously the defense let too many guys drive by them for easy buckets, but I gotta give respect where respect is due for their guy Spaite (sp?).

On a side note, would it kill us to ever run an in bounds play? I mean it's only something that any respectable high school and middle school program practices.
We were able to get to the bucket pretty damn often tonight. Problem was finishing. I don't recall seeing so many missed bunnies in my life of watching Wyoming basketball...
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I missed the game cuz I decided to check out the wrestling in Cheyenne instead(was a blast). I watched a little on my phone but couldn't really get too much of a feel for it. What was the deal? Seemed like we were between 1-6 points the entire second half. We only shot 8 3's which I would think would be a great thing for us since we shoot them so poorly lately. Was our defense awful or were they just on fire? Sounds like Dalton had another off game, He needs to pull it together.

Dissapointed with how the team ended in non-conf but still a lot of the season to pull things together. We need the big 3 to play well. Dalton needs to play like he did the first couple games of the year and like he has shown flashes of.

What is the deal with the deleted posts? Sounds like someone posted some horrible stuff?
wyoair
Ranch Hand

TSpoke wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:50 am I missed the game cuz I decided to check out the wrestling in Cheyenne instead(was a blast). I watched a little on my phone but couldn't really get too much of a feel for it. What was the deal? Seemed like we were between 1-6 points the entire second half. We only shot 8 3's which I would think would be a great thing for us since we shoot them so poorly lately. Was our defense awful or were they just on fire? Sounds like Dalton had another off game, He needs to pull it together.

Dissapointed with how the team ended in non-conf but still a lot of the season to pull things together. We need the big 3 to play well. Dalton needs to play like he did the first couple games of the year and like he has shown flashes of.

What is the deal with the deleted posts? Sounds like someone posted some horrible stuff?
From what I could see they were just on. Sure there were times that we gave them good open looks but for the most part the shots were contested. The posts I believe were from the same poop that posted racist stuff on the Eastern Washington game thread.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

Missed the game as well. Why does every team shoot 50% from 3 against us?
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Am I imagining it or is Edwards slowly abandoning Shyatt's strong emphasis on defense? It didn't happen overnight, but it seems like the defensive game is deteriating.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

OK, we started the game trailing after they hit 5 3's outta the gate, but I was happy when we decided to go down low and they started fouling us, like I thought it needed to be, but then in the 2nd half after HD sat most of the 1st, and Lou was playing well, then Lou sits most of the 2nd half. We took a lead late but I mean to tell you our lack of killer instinct and their peskiness, wow UNC will be good in their conference and I might even think we could see them in a post season tourney. I truly underestimated them but they were fired up the whole game and we looked like the stress of finals took it's toll and a total lack of basketball focus. Hopefully we learn a lot from this but imo we are not ready for MWC play, hopefully I'm wrong. Substitution patterns need to change and defense needs to step up as well
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:11 am Am I imagining it or is Edwards slowly abandoning Shyatt's strong emphasis on defense? It didn't happen overnight, but it seems like the defensive game is deteriating.
I don't know if he is abandoning the emphasis on defense but we haven't been playing great defense most of the year. We have shown flashes but need to be consistent. I think the coaches want the same emphasis on defense but so far it isn't working.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

we got down 15-0? what is up with this team coming out and spotting teams 10-25 points?
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

If you look at the stats, we were better in most, if not all categories, excepts 3s made. That was the difference. I really like that we are slowly transitioning from a team that shoots 3s with wild abandon to a team that is trying to get to hoop for high percentage shots. Last night they just hit more than we did. And what sucks, we don't have a single consistent 3 shooter to help stem the tide. Every time we made a run last night, they would answer with a dagger 3. We just couldn't keep our heads above water because they shot lights out from 3 and we couldn't muster enough to keep pace.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

We are just a poor shooting team I've decided. We don't have many good shooters. period. And that's a problem
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:55 am If you look at the stats, we were better in most, if not all categories, excepts 3s made. That was the difference. I really like that we are slowly transitioning from a team that shoots 3s with wild abandon to a team that is trying to get to hoop for high percentage shots. Last night they just hit more than we did. And what sucks, we don't have a single consistent 3 shooter to help stem the tide. Every time we made a run last night, they would answer with a dagger 3. We just couldn't keep our heads above water because they shot lights out from 3 and we couldn't muster enough to keep pace.
Replace "UNC" with "DU" and you have another game we lost to the second tier of regional basketball schools this year.
WilyWapiti
Ranch Hand

Our defense was simply atrocious. The first five 3's in a row that we gave up were virtually uncontested.

I'm not sure what the philosophy would be called, but it looks like "Give the shooter a huge cushion, then run like crazy to try and contest the shot."

When our defender blows by the pump fake, the next guy is even more wide open, then the progression continues until the last shooter is by himself.

The UNC shooters typically didn't have a defender within 10 feet when then caught the ball, and inevitably the defender would over-pursue and take themselves out of the play.

Safe to say the the Shyatt defensive DNA is totally gone at this point.

At least the offense looked somewhat functional last night, but our conditioning is still very suspect. We gassed in the last 5 minutes.

ww