It's Utah State week....nothing else matters.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

The game will be on ESPN2, so we do get some bonus money.

We need to win this game and bring the Rifle home. It will look nice next to the boot.

Does anyone know if there's a place for it to be displayed?

Go Pokes. Beat Utard State.
Wyoming Cowboy basketball:

National Champions 1943.

Helm's foundation National Champions 1934.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

Do you remember Cowboy Basketball?

I do.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:The game will be on ESPN2, so we do get some bonus money.

We need to win this game and bring the Rifle home. It will look nice next to the boot.

On the wall next to all the other monkeys we've gotten off our back this season?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

fromolwyoming wrote:

On the wall next to all the other monkeys we've gotten off our back this season?
That must be in one of the new facilities because that would require one huge ass wall. :D

It's too bad we don't play Hawaii this year, so we could stack up all three of our trophies in one season.

We need to bring home the rifle. That thing is just cool.

National Champions 1943.

NCAA tournament MVP and two time College Basketball Player of the Year Kenny Sailors, who is credited with inventing the jump shot.

I do.
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

Cowboy Junky wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

That must be in one of the new facilities because that would require one huge ass wall. :D

It's too bad we don't play Hawaii this year, so we could stack up all three of our trophies in one season.

Well first thing first Wyo needs to beat Utah St. That said if Wyoming and Hawaii win out I think Hawaii would be coming to Laramie for the MWC as both they and SDSU would have two conference losses and Hawaii would have the head to head. Big long shot, but that is our chance of getting that trophy this year.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

All the talk of a Cotton Bowl appearance and Conference championships mean nothing until they happen. Bohl needs to get the men ready for saturday. This upcoming game against USU is a bigger game than yesterdays. We have to take every single game on its face and prepare as if our season depends on it.

Huge win yesterday, no doubt. Enjoy it. Relish it. But get back to work tomorrow.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Expat_Poke wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:
fromolwyoming wrote:

Well first thing first Wyo needs to beat Utah St. That said if Wyoming and Hawaii win out I think Hawaii would be coming to Laramie for the MWC as both they and SDSU would have two conference losses and Hawaii would have the head to head. Big long shot, but that is our chance of getting that trophy this year.
I think I would rather beat SDSU twice in one season and let Hawaii hold onto the Paniolo until the next time we play them. The satisfaction of dropping two turds in the punch bowl of SDSU's douchebag fan base would be worth leaving the Paniolo in Hawaii for another year.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Cowboy Junky wrote: The satisfaction of dropping two turds in the punch bowl of SDSU's douchebag fan base
Speaking of which - what a contrast the Boise State fans provide. Every place I've read where Boise fans have commented or been interviewed, they've been very courteous and given credit to Wyoming's players and Wyoming fans.

I'm actually really surprised. If we become successful with that kind of consistency, I hope we too can be that humble.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote: The satisfaction of dropping two turds in the punch bowl of SDSU's douchebag fan base
Speaking of which - what a contrast the Boise State fans provide. Every place I've read where Boise fans have commented or been interviewed, they've been very courteous and given credit to Wyoming's players and Wyoming fans.

I'm actually really surprised. If we become successful with that kind of consistency, I hope we too can be that humble.
I tailgated with a couple of them yesterday actually, they were some of the best opposing fans I've ever dealt with
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Conrad Dobler is the man.....Merlin Olsen, well..... :D

National Champions 1943.

I do.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 33 times

wyokoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

I tailgated with a couple of them yesterday actually, they were some of the best opposing fans I've ever dealt with
Their actual fans are much better than some of the mouth-breathers you encounter online.
ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

MrTitleist wrote:
wyokoke wrote:
Asmodeanreborn wrote:

Their actual fans are much better than some of the mouth-breathers you encounter online.
On the MWC board, even the (normally) worst of the BSU fan base was pretty cool about the whole thing. The SDSU fans though...
Let's just say, that despite not playing them last night, it's like they (not all) are the very definition of "poor losers".
Cuttslam
WyoNation Addict

Cowboy Junky wrote:Conrad Dobler is the man.....Merlin Olsen, well..... :D

That was great, Thanks Junky.
I BLEED BROWN AND GOLD.
sandiegopoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 78 times
Been liked: 15 times

We NEED to beat USU.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Has the game time been announced yet?
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

Cuttslam wrote:
Cowboy Junky wrote:Conrad Dobler is the man.....Merlin Olsen, well..... :D

That was great, Thanks Junky.
You're welcome, Conrads a bad ass. What better week to honor one of Wyoming's legends than Utah State week, when we'll face fans of his nemesis.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
Cowboy Junky
WyoNation Addict

wyokoke wrote:Has the game time been announced yet?
Yep. It's an 8:15 kick-off on ESPN 2.

National Champions 1943.

I do.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Cowboy Junky wrote:
wyokoke wrote:Has the game time been announced yet?
Yep. It's an 8:15 kick-off on ESPN 2.
Perffect, thanks
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Been liked: 10 times

That ESPN money for the game will be nice, and I'd be willing to bet that we have a decent crowd even with the late kick. Hopefully we stomp them like we used to when they were in the WAC, because they sure look like those usu teams of the not so distant past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Wow, I thought this was a road game for some reason. Now I feel much better!

These next two games are big. Stay clean and it sets up a couple of massive games to close the regular season.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Smart move:

https://www.facebook.com/wyoathletics/p ... =3&theater

Given how late the game is, getting a good crowd will be a challenge, but this should help. Wish I could come up for it. :(