Tevis Bartlett

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 622 times
Been liked: 256 times

I wonder how he likes riding the pine at Washington? He's a soph and has about 10 tackles this year mostly against a FCS school and Idaho. woop de doo. He could have been a rock star here, much like Logan Wilson. Give me a Logan Wilson any day over a kid who thinks they're too good for us. Hell, Logan Wilson is probably the better player, anyway.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Logan has a motor on him. He is a guy I am excited about. Our LBs have struggled for years and he will be a stud by the time he is upperclassman.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

I was actually thinking about him the other day. Can't remember his exact words, but didn't he say something like going there was a "better fit" for him? Sure seems like he was right haha.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Bohl was recruiting him as a quarterback. I think most would agree he was on a similar level as Austin Fort as a quarterback. He belongs on the defensive side of the ball. He has a chance to be a national champion this year. That's a lot more than he could say if he had stayed in state. It would have been great if he had stayed, but I can't blame a kid for taking a P5 offer over Wyoming. He's representing the state well. Why not be proud of the Wyoming kid instead of acting like a bitter ex girlfriend?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DVDA wrote:Bohl was recruiting him as a quarterback. I think most would agree he was on a similar level as Austin Fort as a quarterback. He belongs on the defensive side of the ball. He has a chance to be a national champion this year. That's a lot more than he could say if he had stayed in state. It would have been great if he had stayed, but I can't blame a kid for taking a P5 offer over Wyoming. He's representing the state well. Why not be proud of the Wyoming kid instead of acting like a bitter ex girlfriend?
I'd rather play instead of ride the pine any day of the week. Just me though!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

DVDA wrote:Bohl was recruiting him as a quarterback. I think most would agree he was on a similar level as Austin Fort as a quarterback. He belongs on the defensive side of the ball. He has a chance to be a national champion this year. That's a lot more than he could say if he had stayed in state. It would have been great if he had stayed, but I can't blame a kid for taking a P5 offer over Wyoming. He's representing the state well. Why not be proud of the Wyoming kid instead of acting like a bitter ex girlfriend?
I tend to agree with this. He has played in every game and they thought enough of him not to red shirt him... Hope he has a successful career
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

I think that he might end up playing a lot for them in the future and that undoubtedly their program is better than ours this year, yada yada yada. I think the distaste for me, anyways, lies in the fact that our squad is much improved from last year to this year and he could have made us that much better. (obviously assuming he played Defense for us, which I understand he wasn't necessarily being recruited on that side of the ball.) I doubt I would care much about him if we were 0-7. Does that make sense?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
So if you had a walk on spot in Laramie and a guaranteed starting spot at the University of Idaho, you would pick Idaho?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DVDA wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
So if you had a walk on spot in Laramie and a guaranteed starting spot at the University of Idaho, you would pick Idaho?
Hell yeah. Scholarship vs walk on? are you joking?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:
DVDA wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Ok buddy. Enjoy being bitter.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

DVDA wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
DVDA wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:
Ok buddy. Enjoy being bitter.
Not the point. Tevis could have been a major piece to this team for likely four years, but rather chose to go to a "better school" and not play, at very best he's wasted two of his four years. To me that's dumb, nothing bitter about it. Makes disappointed that a Wyoming kid would spur that opportunity.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

Unless he wanted to go to medical school.. not gonna do that in Laramie as easily as Washington.
ImageImageImageImage
Wicks
Blog Team
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote:I wonder how he likes riding the pine at Washington? He's a soph and has about 10 tackles this year mostly against a FCS school and Idaho. woop de doo. He could have been a rock star here, much like Logan Wilson. Give me a Logan Wilson any day over a kid who thinks they're too good for us. Hell, Logan Wilson is probably the better player, anyway.
The posts in this thread are incredibly harsh. At a good program such as Washington who is ranked 4th in the country you usually do not get to play a whole lot until you are in your Jr. or Sr. year. Very few Fr. and So. get much playing time at elite programs. He will get plenty of playing time over the next two years and I wish him well.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote:Hell, Logan Wilson is probably the better player, anyway.
Then why start a thread and be so salty?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

MrTitleist wrote:Unless he wanted to go to medical school.. not gonna do that in Laramie as easily as Washington.
Are you joking? He could easily be doing his first year of medical school at the University of Wyoming which is ironically associated with the University of Washington. Plus it really doesn't matter where you do your undergrad. Maybe if you want to pay 5x for you undergrad Washington would be a good choice, I guess.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

cali2wyo wrote:
LanderPoke wrote:Hell, Logan Wilson is probably the better player, anyway.
Then why start a thread and be so salty?
Salty mood today, I guess.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 36 times

LanderPoke wrote:
MrTitleist wrote:Unless he wanted to go to medical school.. not gonna do that in Laramie as easily as Washington.
Are you joking? He could easily be doing his first year of medical school at the University of Wyoming which is ironically associated with the University of Washington. Plus it really doesn't matter where you do your undergrad. Maybe if you want to pay 5x for you undergrad Washington would be a good choice, I guess.
Unless you're on a full scholarship at one of the top medical schools in the country.
ImageImageImageImage
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

I am sure Tevis will get plenty of playing time in the next few years and I hope he does. I always hope Wyo kids do well and I don't blame him for doing what he thinks is best for him. I do wish he would have stayed home along with Tavin Bryan out of Natrona that is at Florida but its water under the bridge for me. "What ifs" do float through my head though. Tavin is 6'5" and 295 DT/DE and Tevis is 6'2 230 LB. They would be a Junior and Soph for us. That would be pretty cool.
pokecountant
Ranch Hand

rich22 wrote:I am sure Tevis will get plenty of playing time in the next few years and I hope he does. I always hope Wyo kids do well and I don't blame him for doing what he thinks is best for him. I do wish he would have stayed home along with Tavin Bryan out of Natrona that is at Florida but its water under the bridge for me. "What ifs" do float through my head though. Tavin is 6'5" and 295 DT/DE and Tevis is 6'2 230 LB. They would be a Junior and Soph for us. That would be pretty cool.
My sentiments exactly.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Who?