How do we sign Stewart????

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
oldtimer
Buckaroo

I've been reading posts over the last week and decided to add my two cents. I agree that we need to keep our home grown studs in our program. Question is how do we do it?? Our best bet to land a recruit above our level is to have ties somehow. Well, the Stewart kid is waaaay above our level. He also has ties to the state and our program. The Schwartz kid from Colorado is local but not sure he's a game changer. Hunter was a no brainer for us, but still not sure he was a program changer either. I say this about these two kids because first of all their college offers don't reflect BCS level talent. Secondly, after researching, they both are playing against weak competition.

We probably need to go ALL out on the Stewart kid because just about all of his offers are from BCS schools. He's ranked the 15th best player in the COUNTRY for his position. That's a great sign of his ability. Also, we have just as good a chance to land him due to him having spent time here. It definitely won't be easy but It's our best bet to get a Blue Chip in the program. Just my opinion!!!

I just saw on his twitter page that UTAH offered him a scholarship last week. Here are the rest of his offers.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... er-stewart
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

Looks like we lost Williams to either Oregon or Texas. He wasn't considering UW anyway, and I don't think Shyatt considered him. Too bad.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

The reality is that we don't. He has some ties and seems to have a favorable view of UW, Laramie and our coaching staff, but he has a ton of high level offers with more slated to come this summer.

We need not recruits at the Justin James/Andrew Moemeka/etc. level. Guys with a solid group of mid-major offers up to some lower end high majors. We probably aren't going to beat out Florida, etc.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

Parker would be possibly the best recruit ever if we landed him. Would be awesome to see.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Will be hard to beat out Missouri,not saying we couldn't.
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Apparently I missed this, but what exactly are his ties?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

wyokoke wrote:Apparently I missed this, but what exactly are his ties?
His dad used to coach here. Parker was the ball boy/mop boy under the basket during games.
http://www.gowyo.com/sports/m-baskbl/mt ... ony00.html
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

cali2wyo wrote:
His dad used to coach here. Parker was the ball boy/mop boy under the basket during games.
Maybe if Shyatt is retiring we should hire him as an assistant again. He was the one who brought Desmar Jackson here so seems like he can recruit. It would help us get Parker. Plus we have better coaching now.
I think he is at UT-Martin right now.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:
Maybe if Shyatt is retiring we should hire him as an assistant again. He was the one who brought Desmar Jackson here so seems like he can recruit. It would help us get Parker. Plus we have better coaching now.
If Wyoming doesn't someone else will. Teams will hire a guy that has no business getting s job to get a kid sometimes. This guy belongs on s d1 bench.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Coach Edwards did say he played under Rick Pitino. . . :whistle: :whistle:
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Worked out for Creighton, and that was a head gig
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Parker received an offer from Wisconsin today according to his twitter account.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 317 times
Been liked: 124 times

PokeOLoco wrote:Parker received an offer from Wisconsin today according to his twitter account.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 615 times
Been liked: 248 times

Parker is undoubtedly the best recruit we've gone after.
poke em
Buckaroo

seattlecowboy wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

If he's at UT martin then he is working under douchebag heath shroyer.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

poke em wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

Yeah he is. UT Martin had a decent year this year. They played in their conference championship game. I don't think Edwards is going to go after Anthony Stewart anyways.

Parker is being recruited by everyone now. He has offers from Florida, Memphis, Wisconsin, Missouri and more. He will be getting offers from a lot of bigger programs in the coming days as well. Doubt Wyoming ends up with him.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

seattlecowboy wrote:
poke em wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

Yeah he is. UT Martin had a decent year this year. They played in their conference championship game. I don't think Edwards is going to go after Anthony Stewart anyways.

Parker is being recruited by everyone now. He has offers from Florida, Memphis, Wisconsin, Missouri and more. He will be getting offers from a lot of bigger programs in the coming days as well. Doubt Wyoming ends up with him.
Well poop. Let's just throw in the towel now. Wyo sucks, we have no chance of ever landing a top recruit.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

Wyolie Coyote wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
poke em wrote:
seattlecowboy wrote:
cali2wyo wrote:

Well poop. Let's just throw in the towel now. Wyo sucks, we have no chance of ever landing a top recruit.
I didn't say to throw in the towel at all just saying if I had to place a wager on if Parker will end up at Wyoming or if he won't my wager would be placed on he won't. Odds would be in my favor as well. If he does end up at Wyoming then that will be great and a great pick up that wasn't expected.

oldtimer
Buckaroo

I read on Parker's twitter where Georgetown and Ohio State are doing home visits with him next week.
I know it will be tough to land him but its sure worth putting our best foot forward in recruiting him. There couldn't be a bigger or more important recruit for us than him, I wouldn't think!!
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

I don't know if Wyoming will get Parker Stewart or not. I do think Coach Edwards will bring some very good recruits here. He is smarter, has more connections, and has more experience in recruiting, coaching, & playing than many people (like other MWC fans and media) give him credit for. I just hope Parker thinks and makes his decision after looking at everything, and not just because it is a big school calling.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.