An absolute need inside.
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Is this guy available????

What an athletic big man - check out the youtube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3GbY27fiv4
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Wow, look at his stats - and he's already in Wyoming??

http://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2015-1 ... f_the_Week
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

Shaka Smart from Texas flew in on a private jet last week to see him - not sure we will get him. Even SDSU is on him as well as Utah State. Damn, how did we fall asleep at the wheel on this one? I know his grades where an issue and the reason he couldn't play at Montana State.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/new ... ecruiting/
GoPokes86
Cowpoke
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Unfortunately it may be too late to get him if Shaka Smart paid a personal visit. Stranger things have happened, but yeah, this would be a huge get.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Bobby Hurley came in to see this kid as well.

Wyoming will not be getting this kid.

Wyoming needs a big guy but it is guaranteed that it will not be this kid unfortunately.

Shyatt and his staff are hopefully finding some good JUCO or Senior transfer prospects for the inside game. NO need to bring in another guard at this point in time.

There will be three guys that can handle the ball next year already with James, Lieberman and Conway. They will also have JMac and Gorski to help out in press situations as they have this year. So big guy or bust.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Ronalduw
Buckaroo

2nd year in a row we don't go after an elite juco player in WY. Perhaps shyatt will go after another dalton, ugh...
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

It is quite frustrating there are these elite athletes in our own back yard and they don't even get an offer. Look I love Dalton. I love Marshall. But you're telling me Williams and Boucher don't even get interest? We'll fly all over the country looking at "projects" but can't drive up I-25 to recruit two elite, program changing athletes. It boggles my mind.
Mr.Large
Ranch Hand

It seems to me Shyatt goes after kids that are off the radar. Kavell originally committed to Montana State, but could not qualify. Now he will have a lot of options if he gets his academics in order. I wish Shyatt would forge some relationships with the Wyoming JUCO coaches. UW could really use some immediate help inside. Shyatt could have had him and Boucher if he would have been on them earlier.

The failure of Shyatt to recruit Wyoming JUCO's and establish some ties to AAU programs won't allow the program to get to the next level.

Love Shyatt as a game coach and is a tremendous representative of the university and state, but these short comings cannot compete every year in the MWC for titles. Although a much better coach, I would compare Shyatt to Joe Glenn. Joe just couldn't get the better athletes to Laramie, but everyone loved him.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 608 times
Been liked: 242 times

Eh, these Wyoming JUCO kids were off the radar to begin with and for most of their recruitment we didn't even have any available scholarships.
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

Don't get me wrong, there has been some Juco talent in the state recently, but isn't there a lot of issues getting these kids into school just because the university is hard to deal with? I mean look at the one Juco kid we recruited in football this year. He was here in January but couldn't get enrolled in school. Something the university needs to work on.
WYCowboy
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote:Don't get me wrong, there has been some Juco talent in the state recently, but isn't there a lot of issues getting these kids into school just because the university is hard to deal with? I mean look at the one Juco kid we recruited in football this year. He was here in January but couldn't get enrolled in school. Something the university needs to work on.
I agree, but I am confused because they were saying about a year ago that they were loosening the requirements for JUCO transfers.
You can tell how big a person is by what it takes to discourage him/her.
Wyolie Coyote
Cowpoke

Mr.Large wrote:It seems to me Shyatt goes after kids that are off the radar. Kavell originally committed to Montana State, but could not qualify. Now he will have a lot of options if he gets his academics in order. I wish Shyatt would forge some relationships with the Wyoming JUCO coaches. UW could really use some immediate help inside. Shyatt could have had him and Boucher if he would have been on them earlier.

The failure of Shyatt to recruit Wyoming JUCO's and establish some ties to AAU programs won't allow the program to get to the next level.

Love Shyatt as a game coach and is a tremendous representative of the university and state, but these short comings cannot compete every year in the MWC for titles. Although a much better coach, I would compare Shyatt to Joe Glenn. Joe just couldn't get the better athletes to Laramie, but everyone loved him.
Williams has ties to Chris Haslam, so one would think that we would have an "in" on the kid. But I am not sure Shy has even made contact with him.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 151 times

I would think a Wyoming juco would easily transfer to Wyoming. Is shyatt even on this guy?
W-Y, Until I Die!
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote:I would think a Wyoming juco would easily transfer to Wyoming.
Maybe if he was a wyo native. But this guy comes from England, and then has to live in Gillette?!? I wouldn't blame him for wanting to get as far away from that poop of a town as fast as possible. Check the CJC donor statistics, Gillette doesn't cheer for UW, either. So I doubt he's been following us much either...
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

We could always make them our first exhibition game of 2016-17 schedule and watch this kid kill us on the inside
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 120 times

cali2wyo wrote:Maybe if he was a wyo native. But this guy comes from England, and then has to live in Gillette?!? I wouldn't blame him for wanting to get as far away from that poop of a town as fast as possible. Check the CJC donor statistics, Gillette doesn't cheer for UW, either. So I doubt he's been following us much either...
So true...Gillette is the soiled asshole of Wyoming. Gillette makes Rock Springs (no offense) look like Hawaii. And unfortunately (for Wyoming as a state) since Coal / Oil / Gas has tanked, those toothless trashy bastards are having a tough time of late. Last one out, turn off the lights.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
davidwyo
Ranch Hand

McPeachy, that one is a stinger. Not sure if Kavell reads the boards, but we would absolutely love to have him. If his goal is the NBA, our coaches helped Nance Jr., become a better player. He sucks it up for two years in Laramie and he's off to the NBA. If he goes to Texas or some other program based on false promises, he'll end up being the 2nd string sub for two years and not learning what Shyatt can teach him about D, which is what will get him on the draft radar. Lets hope he reads these boards and sees how excited we are to have him.

Can Christmas come in late March ????? or will Misfit island be passed over again?
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Nance sucked it up for 2 years? Okay.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:Nance sucked it up for 2 years? Okay.
He's saying that if this juco kid sucks it up for 2 years then he would be off to the NBA. Not nance sucking