BYU to return to Mountain West? BYU AD: 'never say never'

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Return of the Cougs?

Link--> http://www.mwcconnection.com/2015/8/19/ ... ntain-west" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

"Talks are warming"

I for one hope it happens.
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

f-word BYU
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

BeaverPoke wrote:f-word BYU
Well, I think diplomacy might call for a little bit different verbiage, but okay, I get it.

Give me BYU and UTEP as 2 new additions to the conference.

I'm for anything that strengthens the MWC and makes it a better conference.

On the other hand, as BeaverPoke says...well, you know.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 129 times

byu is screwed. None of the big dogs want to put up with them. ESPN contract is coming up soon and my bet is that byu gets a big downgrade.

Only way I'd let them back is:

1) apology
2) 25 million buy in
3) 25 million exit penalty to P5 conference
4) 125 million exit penalty to new conference or G5 conference
5) No special tv deal
6) Walk to Laramie when playing their road games against us and knock on a 1000 doors and kiss 1000 asses on the way
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Hayduke
Cowpoke

Let them in.

Make them pay a hefty fee.

If they leave again, they pay another hefty fee.

Just for fun, they have to sell beer at home games.
“If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”
Frank Zappa
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

You ALL know exactly how I feel about BYU....but for those who don't....

FICK THE BASTERDS!!!!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote:You ALL know exactly how I feel about BYU....but for those who don't....

The passion.

The PASSION!

I LOVE the passion!
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote:You ALL know exactly how I feel about BYU....but for those who don't....

Yeah! Fick them to death.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

J-Rod wrote:

Yeah! Fick them to death.
To the death!

I LOVE this board!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

In the end, there can be only one!!!

May it be the Wyoming Cowboys!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Those uppity bastards are getting exactly what they deserve. The MWC does not need them. f-word those assholes. Let them rot in Provo. Let them twist in the wind.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Yabadabadoo
Cowpoke

CowboyNV wrote:Those uppity bastards are getting exactly what they deserve. The MWC does not need them. f-word those assholes. Let them rot in Provo. Let them twist in the wind.
Precisely why I want them back in the conference to see a Craig Bohl led team take them to the woodshed without mercy in the not too distant future...hopefully.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

I for one want to beat those clowns. The ass whooping they put on us in football the last years left me sour.

I can't stand them in hoops though. Don't touch a byu big man at all.

I hate byu as much as the next guy but isn't good to play teams you hate that much?
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

laxwyo wrote:
I hate byu as much as the next guy but isn't good to play teams you hate that much?
byu is an absolute cancer. I think our league, with appropriate OOC scheduling, will give our teams a chance for the NY6 bid most years. I think it will be very seldom that having byu would help one of our teams advance when they normally would not. In bball, I don't think we increase our bids on average. That brings us to TV revenue and any bump in contract divided by 12-14 teams will be peanuts.

On the other hand, we would add a cancer that would constantly be trying to make a "best of the rest" or other destabilizing nonsense.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

Trade BYU for SJSU and our league would be much stronger. Yes BYU is a cancer who will always be keeping one eye on the door out, but who isn't?
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

BYWHO?

Gotta go w Dino on this one. Let them in, and spank them. Just having them return is a victory of sorts.

For those of you who are too young, check out Tubs Bradley v. a true world class whiner, danny ainge at the fieldhouse in 1979 or 80 And then we accept the challenge to humble them every game, just like Tubs, garnett et al did.

Oops wrong sport, but nonetheless.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

calpoke25 wrote:keeping one eye on the door out, but who isn't?
Keeping an eye on the door to a P5 conference is DRASTICALLY different than byu. If destruction of the MWC is a good thing, then by all means, let byu back in the mix.

Screw them. We should go the other way and have a scheduling BLOCK. No team in the MWC should be allowed to schedule them in football or bball. A decade of this indy crap and nobody will even know byu exists.

You want a stronger schedule? Do it on the road OOC. I guarantee that would be a healthier option than accepting the cancer byu back in the fold.
djm19
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

I am split on this. I live in Utah, so it has been a breath of fresh air not having to deal with their fans' BS. That said, it was definitely the "rivalry" game for me growing up. Growing up in a predominantly LDS community in Wyoming on the western side of the state, BYU was by far the bigger game for me than CSU. Not even close. So, in some ways, I wouldn't mind playing them again. I hated them worse when they were in the conference for sure.

What scares me is they will sacrifice the entire conference. They would come to the MWC to stay relevant, period. I get the whole "everyone has an eye out the door argument," but it is worse with BYU. They have ZERO loyalties to a conference. ZERO. They would watch 10 team go down in flames....and for that reason....I am totally okay with them staying independent and going away. And, as extreme as this is, as a member of the same faith as BYU is associated with, I would be okay if sports tanked there. They have done the church no favors in perception and image.

For that reason....BYU back into the MWC.... :thumbdown:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 603 times
Been liked: 240 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote:byu is screwed. None of the big dogs want to put up with them. ESPN contract is coming up soon and my bet is that byu gets a big downgrade.

Only way I'd let them back is:

1) apology
2) 25 million buy in
3) 25 million exit penalty to P5 conference
4) 125 million exit penalty to new conference or G5 conference
5) No special tv deal
6) Walk to Laramie when playing their road games against us and knock on a 1000 doors and kiss 1000 asses on the way
:thumb: :rofl: