Wyoming kid

Everything Cowboy and Cowgirl Basketball, plus other Cowboy athletics
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

What's that tall ass kid from Wyoming that's getting lots of attention playing AAU?
W-Y, Until I Die!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Hunter Thompson the one you thinking of?

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 147 times

Yeah, that sounds right. Any news on him?
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

from Pine Bluffs, I know Creighton has been looking at him and there's been talk of Kansas, but really nothing much, he'll be a junior next year so we'll really see the interest next year and go from there
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 106 times

McDermott flew out to watch him play in the state tournament this year. Creighton likes him. I haven't heard anything about Kansas showing much interest (and trust me, he would be talking about it if they were). I do know that Shyatt and company have been pulling out all the stops when it comes to recruiting him. Pine Bluffs is only 90 miles from Laramie. They don't want to lose a kid with this much talent from their own back yard.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

WYO1016 wrote:McDermott flew out to watch him play in the state tournament this year. Creighton likes him. I haven't heard anything about Kansas showing much interest (and trust me, he would be talking about it if they were). I do know that Shyatt and company have been pulling out all the stops when it comes to recruiting him. Pine Bluffs is only 90 miles from Laramie. They don't want to lose a kid with this much talent from their own back yard.
sure hope you're right!!!!
BeaverPoke
Bronco-Buster

Gotta get this kid.
Need to have a couple stellar seasons coming up and give him a real reason to come here.
If you ever need to laugh, just remember there was some idiot who wanted Bohl fired after 2 seasons.
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

BeaverPoke wrote:Gotta get this kid.
Need to have a couple stellar seasons coming up and give him a real reason to come here.
He is a class of 2017 guy, so will probably be committing next summer. That means we only have one more year of him to see UW's program and frankly it will be a rebuilding year. However, I hope he took note of the excitement and fan support that last year's team generated and the accomplishments of Larry Nance.
Cosmic Cowboy
A Real Cowboy

It seems at least every 4 years we can find a Wyoming kid that can play D1 bball. We absolutely should do this if we even have the chance. I know it means a LOT to our fan base. I remember talking to people that didn't want to watch the team back in my day cause we didn't have a Wyo kid. Our Wyoming guys go hard for that shirt on their chest. They know what it all means. It's good to have a heartbeat like that on our team always that gives that state connection into the program.
Riding High!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster

I'll ask around during Trail Days this year to get a pulse of the town/kid, lol
CowboyCO
Ranch Hand

It can't hurt that Larry Nance Jr just got drafted in the 1st round...
NowherePoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Cosmic Cowboy wrote:It seems at least every 4 years we can find a Wyoming kid that can play D1 bball. We absolutely should do this if we even have the chance. I know it means a LOT to our fan base. I remember talking to people that didn't want to watch the team back in my day cause we didn't have a Wyo kid. Our Wyoming guys go hard for that shirt on their chest. They know what it all means. It's good to have a heartbeat like that on our team always that gives that state connection into the program.
He is a pretty important recruit. At minimum, the most highly recruited Wyoming prospect since James Johnson and maybe even higher than that.

Not very many Wyoming HS players on scholarship in D-1 right now. A couple of years ago there were several with Thomas (Pacific), Martin (Montana), and Brown (UCSB) on rosters in addition to McManamen, but unless I missed somebody JMac was the only Wyoming HS player on scholarship at the D1 level this past season. Wollenman was a walk-on, but obviously in a great spot at MSU. That's about it though.

We don't have much talent in our backyard, important to keep it home when it comes along.
JimmyDimes
WyoNation Addict

All big men need to take note. Shyatt turned a 2* under recruited, skinny kid into an NBA first round draft pick. He also turned a non basketball playing football JC transfer into a European League pro....which probably comes with a nice paycheck.

Shyatt can and will develop the kids in the program. And, if those kids put effort into getting better, they will become much better players.
pokesfan52
Buckaroo

NowherePoke wrote:
Cosmic Cowboy wrote:It seems at least every 4 years we can find a Wyoming kid that can A couple of years ago there were several with Thomas (Pacific), Martin (Montana), and Brown (UCSB) on rosters in addition to McManamen, but unless I missed somebody JMac was the only Wyoming HS player on scholarship at the D1 level this past season.
Rob Heyer from Boise State is from Worland. Was he on scholarship?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

pokesfan52 wrote:
NowherePoke wrote:
Cosmic Cowboy wrote:It seems at least every 4 years we can find a Wyoming kid that can A couple of years ago there were several with Thomas (Pacific), Martin (Montana), and Brown (UCSB) on rosters in addition to McManamen, but unless I missed somebody JMac was the only Wyoming HS player on scholarship at the D1 level this past season.
Rob Heyer from Boise State is from Worland. Was he on scholarship?
He was a walk-on.